Reviews for Run
Aaya chapter 1 . 5/28/2005
ANGSTY! ANGSTY! Gives me the shivers... Very nice. ANGSTY! (erhem)
Saucie chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
Nice thought-piece to (I completely agree) one of the most moving scenes in the RK-world. Like the characterisation - that's always spot-on, with you. I love the base idea - that he's run all his life, but not the one time he should have. The end was a nice touch - dawn being a sign of blood more than hope.
Somehow I thought this was a little too - simple, if that's the right word. Aoshi wasn't two-dimensional, never that, but the fic itself progessed ... well, normally. I think I'm too used to your other writing styles - the ones that have you continuously on your toes, trying to make meaning out of all of it. This was just - straight.
I just find the other ways cooler, is all.
You have my full sympathies for the hard-drive blackout - that's tragic, really. I had no fic in my head when it happened to me, and it took me a good six months to get back on track. So ... best of luck with that.
Leila Winters chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
*boo hoo* I know! I hate/love that part when Aoshi glares and turns away! He's SOO tragic!
Wow. When you mention "her," it's so sudden and unexpected that he would ever think of it. Most would have him be completely focused on his fallen friends and of "good times" they shared together. I applaud you for not taking the common route! _
Good piece, though I'm a little weirded out at the end...I can't imagine Aoshi ever collapsing from exhaustion in mid-run. (But I LOOVE the image of him as a child and running for the sake of running. Mm...)
_ Thanks!
ChiisaiKo chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
Hey!
Another beautiful rendition of our Okashira, Hitomi. I really enjoyed this one. You're absolutely right, that scene was devastatingly heart breaking. :(
mirune keishiko chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
"Their lives were empty and meaningless. Only in death could they find true purpose."
m. this fic is of course yet another gem. (so sorry to hear of your HDD (Hard Disk Disaster)...*wince*) but definitely that line above is invaluable. opens up a whole new world of insights into the kind of man Aoshi was, and the kind of man he saw himself as.
thank goodness that in the face of all these, um, "novice" writers slaughtering poor hottie Aoshi's characterization left and right, icicle lovers like me can rely on you to come up with great stuff like this. .
mij chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
Oh man! I'm sorry to hear about your files getting lost. :( That's something I don't wish on anyone.
Re. the fic...tragic. Poor Aoshi. Though the guy really just begs for a lot of angst. Sigh.
Nicely done though! :)
DraejonSoul chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
OMG, my first review in MONTHS! So please clobber me. Work got in the way.
Glad to read something a bit short so I can type my thoughts up quick before they run away. Nice one-shot, and this is the first fic I've read that dealt with Aoshi's feelings after his comrades' deaths. Is there gonna be another chapter? Just asking...
And yes. Aoshi is an extremely messed up angsting selfish brat. P Maybe we should give him a puppy...