Reviews for Evidence
fic fan chapter 1 . 2/23
loved it!
lemoncelloismyname chapter 1 . 2/18
This is perhaps the greatest thing I have ever read
Prackspoor chapter 1 . 10/11/2016
This has been the funniest read I've ever had in the Silmarillion fandom. I'd like to quote the bits I like most, but then I had to copy and paste very nearly the entire story and won't let me do that anyway.
Your Vimes is just as awesome as the original, and it's a hoot to see how flustered and confused everyone gets by his ability to stand up to Maedhros in a fight, arrest Morgoth and his scarily proficient use of legal terms.
Your way of twisting the prophecy to your ends was awesome. I had no idea who Vimes would give them to, but in retrospect I feel like I should have seen it coming. Still, I very nearly got up from where I was sitting and applauded when I saw the first sentence all typed out in caps.
And it only got better from there; the thought of the Noldor serving as guards in the City Watch of Ankh-Morpork is a sight I'd like to see.
Thank you for this gem, honestly.
Bar Sira chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
I think I like you, Camwyn. Anyone who can see the words, "any other sort of creature," and think, "What about personified attributes of creatures?" is my kind of people. (What are your feelings about Weeping Angels, if any?)
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 9/12/2014
Dear Camwyn:

Tiny thing: if Death proceeds from Ilúvatar (being his last gift to Men and all), how is it that Death speaks of "*YOUR* ILÚVATAR" as though he doesn't personally have any connection to him?

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
Athalanta chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
It's 10am after a sleepless night so only thing I am coherent enough to say is:
This fic is orgazmically awesome.

"Vimes once arrested a dragon. Vimes once arrested me. Vimes once arrested Morgoth." :D
Ka chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Hi. Just here to say that this is by far one of the more awesome fic I've ever read. I didn't even need to activate my guilty-pleasure node of reading, as I have a habit of doing during fanfic, my intelligence and humour and cleverness and sense of justice and common sense were simulated enough to enjoy this several times over without.
Which may be why I've read this several times.
Kingsdaughter613 chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Nice x-over there. I really enjoyed it. Great job!
Lielac chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
BAAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ahem. Perfect. Sorry, that's all I have to say, everything shines like one of those Silmarils so it's hard to pick out any one detail from the sheer AWESOME

Vimes. Death. Vimes being a policeman. EFF YES.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Vimes arrested Morgoth. THAT'S PRETTY AWESOME.

Death showing up was just awesome; having him as the last gift of Illuvatar to men was a very Tolkein-esque touch.

AWESOMENESS, ALL AROUND!
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Good lord, this is utterly fantastic"
StarlightDragon1636 chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
I have to say, well done. This story deserves its recommendation on TV Tropes.
stark40763 chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Well, this was certainly interesting, and I gotta say that bringing all of Ankh-Morpork to the world of Middle Earth would be interesting, although it would have to conform with the normal Laws of Physics...
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
This story was epic!

Well done!
Hyarrowen chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
Here via fandom_gushing, and I enjoyed this one no end. The premise was weird enough to catch my attention – 'How can the author make it work?' I wondered, and you did, magnificently. Vimes as multiverse policeman, yay! And Death's appearance was so pat, I can only wonder I didn't see him coming. (He must have been busy elsewhere in Beleriand in the last few days before the fic was set.) He's the perfect guardian for the Silmarils. Vimes' summation of the legal situation was masterly. And it was so nice to know that Maedrhos and Moglor didn't go to the Halls after all.

Favourite line: “Sam Vimes stuck out among the gathered hosts of the Edain like a catfish among cats”; pure Pratchett, that.

Thank-you for a most enjoyable quarter of an hour!
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »