Reviews for Day of Ashes
Scherherazade chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Interesting. I've often thought this type of stuff about organized religion. Well written, good story.
young wiccan chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
aw, that's so sweet! I love it
pinksnow chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
that was absolutely lovely!
The Tiramisu Of Impending Doom chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
Alright, that was pretty cool. I've never read a fic like it. There was something sexy about this in a blasphemous sort of way, and I, a Catholic, loved it. I'm going to hell. Thanks for the read!
Karasu Kurokiba chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
Sweet and succulent: the best type of one-shot. Excellent POV, too - it sounded just like Amon. This only helped to revive my suspicions surrounding those supposed "palm ashes". I loved this!
Clannadlvr chapter 1 . 1/31/2005
Thank you for looking at Robin's relationship to the church after everything that has happened. To go from a child of God, a possible bride of Christ, to a devil child, the Eve of Witches would be enough to shake anyone's faith. It's so perfect that Amon, who can separate God from his/her human constructs, is the one to guide her, even if he feels like he's constantly stumbling. Fantastic insight!
AmonKnight chapter 1 . 12/8/2004
All I can say is, When will I be able to pick up a book of yours at Barnes and Noble? You're awsome. All I can say.
reynamangga chapter 1 . 12/2/2004
what can I say? absolutely brilliant. especially amon.
sweetbox chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
wow.. this story is.. i dunno how to explain. but im glad i read it. hell, all your stories are damn near perfection. you're one of the best authors in fanfic writing! um yea. i want more!
Prospero53223 chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
wow this was a really awsome story is there more to this one or is it a one shot? Please post some more soon either to this story or another.
ShiroKitsune chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
Oh. That was so beautiful and perfect. I really loved her last little remark calling him horrible. It was so dead on, I could truly hear her voice in my head and see that scene so clearly. You did an absolutely wonderful job here.
TyedyeRin chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
WOW! THIS WAS GOOD! PLZ PLZ UPDATE SOON! MAKE THE NEXT CHAPPY LONG! TTFN!
XtinethePirate chapter 1 . 6/27/2004
PERFECT! *hugs*

I used to go to a Catholic school, so I can confidently say that you got it right. I, personally, am not a practising Catholic, but being raised in a Catholic family, I could definitely relate to Amon's thinking. You got his character REALLY well! (and I've only watched the first disc, but it was so him!)

Very well written, insightful, and thought-provoking. Too often do people only take character relationships at face value... it's really awesome that you explored more of his mind.

Loved the ending too. *sigh* so Sweet. Cigarette ashes, hee hee!

Ever thought of writing something from Zechs' POV in Gundam Wing? *hopeful smile*

Keep up the AMAZING work!

Captain Xtine Sparrow, the pirate! (arr.)
Windresss chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
Wow... just wow. I've been browsing the Witch Hunter Robin Fanfiction for a while now, and I've yet to find a piece so thoughtfully and intuitively written as yours.

You've done an admirable job of exploring and expounding (ooh, alliteration) upon the relationship that exists between Amon and Robin. It feels like someone finally got it right! And your Theological discussion just blew me out of the water. Very insightful. I'm terribly impressed!

Windres
paxbanana chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
Interesting take.
I'm a Methodist, and I've heard that Methodists are a lot like Catholics, especially in that we practice Ash Wednesday.
I have to say that Ash Wednesday is more of a service to remind humans that we are human. It's not necessarily to make us feel like we'll get into heaven or anything. In fact, it's not a very 'feel-good' service at all.
Oh, and (at least, in my church) I think it's a cross, not an 'x' that is drawn over the forehead. Actually, the ashes are quite cold and wet.
Devoit Christians don't always hang on every word of the church system as you imply. (Or, at least, I'd like to think they don't. ) The church system, is, in fact, just made up of humans.
I enjoyed your view (or Amon's view) about God and Christ. That was nicely put. I must add that I believe in free will, though God does (in my opinion) know infinitely what will and will not happen, therefore he holds power of fate. Sort of oxymoronic, ne? But God is beyond understanding.
Kudos! (Is that how you spell it? I'm a notoriously bad speller.) You have the courage to write about a very...controversial topic and yet do it quite tastefully.
-paxbanana