Reviews for Rumours of My Death Have Been Exaggerated
Schatze8210 chapter 15 . 5/30/2012
I just completed reading this story and must say that I did find it "entertaining and different enought from the usual SG-1 stories to make me think"! Definitely worth reading more than a couple of times!
hedwiggins chapter 15 . 9/23/2011
I'm not a big fan of stories that cast Sam as the bad guy (as she seemed to be in this story). As a matter of fact, I hate them. She doesn't deserve to be portrayed like that, and was never portrayed that way in the series. And she suffered far more pain, humiliation and villification than anyone else in the story did. Intentional? :)

However, having said that, this was a good story. Very well written. Good characters. I am confused about all the stuff regarding space travel and all that. If the Asgard can travel from their home galaxy to earth in minutes, I don't understand why they couldn't have helped S&J get back to earth quickly. But then I wtill wouldn't understand it in the plainest of English, ... so, it's not that important. :)

My only sympathies in this story were for Sam, what with the way her own best friends treated her as though she was some evil monster. With friends like them, she would have been better off kicking them all out of her life. Jack had a choice all along, and he refused to do so, so I have utterly no sympathy for him. As far as I'm concerned, I have to wonder why Sam fought so hard to be with him, given how badly he treated her throughout the ordeal.

I also thought Pete should have been dragged into the SGC to see the broadcast that Sam and Jack sent back to the SGC, in order to see just how wrong he'd been for Sam, and how happy the two were together.

Celia should have been shown that transmission as well. She didn't know Jack well enough to think they had any kind of future together; plus we really didn't get to know much about her in the story, so I can only think that Jack was just "settling" by being "with" her, regardless of her feelings for him.
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 2 . 10/2/2008
Celia is great for him, too bad it went into SJ direction. please consider rewriting this fic's ending to make it Jack/Celia.

again, great job!
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
as all your fics this one was masterfully written as well, but there's just one thing: with who and how she'd become, what she did to Jack and her relationship with him, Sam doesn't deserve him. Jack deserves much better than Sam, which coincidentally is exactly the opposite of who Sam is. And the sad thing is, the Sam in this fic isn't any different than the Sam from the show.
smithcrafter chapter 15 . 2/19/2007
This one was VERY different. You have an extremely versatile imagination.
julia chapter 15 . 7/18/2005
wow. i just finished your amazing story after finding it at the 2005 sam and jack fanfiction awards. i hardly know what to say but not only did you manage a terrific 'shipper story, you created true science fiction. it's quite a feat. i've yet to read anything else that comes close to that. you are a great writer-very concise yet descriptive, and, as an editor, it's so lovely to read something in which the convertions are so closely observed. i'm so looking forward to reading your other stories posted here at ffn. well done and keep up the wonderful work.

cheers,

julia
Andy chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
Waw. Never read so good and dark a story. just in line with my mood right now. you're it. really.
ganainm chapter 15 . 4/15/2005
This was AMAZING. Thanks so much for putting it together. I would have liked more, but I can understand why you stopped where you did.
Quinndolynn chapter 15 . 4/4/2005
I always take a casual attitude towards fanfic. It's mean to be a pleasant distraction from stuff.

But every so often I can't help coming across a story such as this one, that completely blows me away and makes me wonder what the heck this person is doing writing fanfic.

Whatever the reason for writing, I am very, very glad you do.
athensbarbie621 chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
Ok... so now that I have read and re-read and cried buckets of tears over the last chapter... my next logical question is...

Where's the next story?

I know I am way too demanding!

Say Hi to Gayle for me... hope everything is good over there across the puddle.

Barb
Foenixfyre chapter 15 . 9/18/2004
Wow. This story was just . . . wow.

Among all of the SG1 fanfiction I've read (and I've read quite a lot!), this one stands out as beautifully unique. Every single chapter took me farther into completely unexplored territory, both in terms of fanfiction plotline, actual science (this isn't stuff I've really thought much about before) and in terms of the relationship between Sam and Jack. As for the ending, I appreciate the fact that you bring us to a happy ending without the ubiquitous "Yay! We're all back home together!" free-for-all.

Kudos. I really can't think of enough to say about this story, but you can be sure that I'll recommend it to any other reader I bump into.
NG chapter 15 . 9/15/2004
Hi

Sorry I haven't reviewed in like a million and one ages. Finally catching up with all my favourite stories. I loved how you ended this.

Keep it up Ted and I can't wait to read your next story.
Pat chapter 15 . 9/15/2004
Different and really interesting story and nicely written. Thanks for taking the time to write and share it with us.
Stargate Barbie chapter 15 . 9/15/2004
Glad to see that you found a way to put your thoughts to words.

OK... so you have me in tears here... I will have to add you to the list of 'needs to have puffs by computer to read their story' list!

Laws that we all have to live by? That's only according to what we know so far! What if we only have a small corner on the true knowledge needed to zip from galaxy to galaxy! After all as the Nox say... the young dont always listen!
HecatonchiresLM chapter 15 . 9/15/2004
The end? NO...

(20k years later)

was the 100 days a reference?