Reviews for Feanor's Children
RavenLady chapter 6 . 4/14/2005
For some reason I didn't like the Maedhros one as much as the others, but it isn't my poetry so I'll shut up. The Maglor poem was beautiful. Celegorm was appropriately scary. In the Caranthir poem, I like your emphasis on his being the odd one out in the family. that's how I always thought of him, too.

"He would have given anything to resemble another

The one he and his father deserted"

So Curufin had his doubts? I don't know, I never saw him that way, but it's interesting.

"The one who loves the quiet of the woods

Will be consumed by the flame that destroys all"

Oh, poor Amras. This one was interesting, too.
Night Strider chapter 6 . 11/6/2004
Perfect. The piece on maglor almost made me cry. of course he's the most temperate son of feanor, and the wisest i guess. i hope you get to write the next chap for amrod. good luck.
Archaic Scribe chapter 4 . 11/1/2004
That made me shiver a bit...br...

Nicely done.

The depths which you take Caranthir are beautiful, in a tragic and sad way.

(I don't beleive I'm very good at leaving reviews for prose, so please, do bear with me).

I think you share a reasonable possibility for Caranthir's personality, as shown, in the Silm and you take us into the wonderous recesses of his thought and feeling...I almost feel as though I'm intruding into the unwelcome dark, and should weep at the elf he was never meant, or perhaps more like allowed, to be previous to Feanor's madness.

Alot to capture in a short form of prose, but you have done it rather well. :-)
Elfique chapter 6 . 10/30/2004
doom and gloom ending :( but that is the way with our hunky feanorians
Evenstar Elanor chapter 6 . 10/30/2004
REJOICE! we have another chapter! i love course.

"Peace would mean being torn from his shell of flesh

And being returned to the home he abandoned."

brings me back to my question-why did you leave it you fools? (rhetorical)

"

It is the fate of all the Fire Spirit¡s sons

The one who loves the quiet of the woods

Will be consumed by the flame that destroys all"

hauntingly beautiful. not only true for Amras, but for all of them. the flame that destroys all can be taken in more than one way. Feanor's fire, or the fire that lives within them and the Silmarils.
ElvenPirate41 chapter 5 . 8/14/2004
Wow. Massive gigantic wow. These are amazingly beautiful. My favorites are Maglor's and Celegorm's. The lines I loved best out of all of them were from Maglor's: "Hands so tender that stroke the harp / Should never have to wield a sword." Well done; I can't wait for the other two!

Added to my faves list :)
Elfique chapter 5 . 8/3/2004
nice take on his name and following in feanors footsteps completely. : ) now where is next chapter of Hunters Jewel? *whines* hehe
Evenstar Elanor chapter 5 . 8/3/2004
PRAISE THEE O MIRIEL! for delivering upon us (finally) the next installment! i hope that Curufin hasn't kept u up too many nights sleeplessly over his lack of information.

i like how u approached it in the end, using exactly your problem to write the poem. there isn't much known about him, except that he was like Feanor in practically every way, which i know to be one of your headaches, but u turned it around brilliantly.

are u referring to Nerdanel in the "she"? nice addition. the last 4 lines are good. "but he chose another path for himself. or maybe he did not choose it"

so... which two of the luckless offspring of the cursed sire do we have left?
MissBubbles chapter 4 . 6/18/2004
This is really good! I especially like the way you've written Caranthir's part. I always imagined him as being sort of rejected by his father aswell. Well done and keep writing!
Hellga chapter 4 . 6/17/2004
Interesting view on Caranthir... I can't say I share it, but I can see your point. All four poems are very good.
Evenstar Elanor chapter 4 . 6/12/2004
wow. fits Caranthir very well. i love the theme of this one, on how one who suffers makes others suffer with him, bcuz it brings him sadistic pleasure. very very good
Elfique chapter 4 . 6/12/2004
aww my ickle caranthir! nice as per. :)
Elfique chapter 3 . 5/19/2004
oh celegorm! *claps* you still going to do a fic on him as well? or was that it?
Evenstar Elanor chapter 3 . 5/18/2004
Celebrimbor? wild guess. once again, i suggest putting the name of the son at the very bottom or top or somewhere. this is good. malicious & dangerous, like the person. the last line really hits it home. "Eyes the reflect the monster beneath"
Night Strider chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
I'm really glad to find someone who enjoys writing stuff about feanor's sons, I mean, Maedhros and Maglor are as great as the other princes of the noldor(i.e, sons of fingolfin and finarfin)only they were ill fated, I hope I can read more of 'em...you just don't tell the readers the characters are hurt but you really make the readers feel the pain they've all gone through,nice portrayal...