Reviews for Hir Wicked Style
Ja ne Kat chapter 19 . 9/8/2010
lol the monster at the end of this book. i love how you redid it. i used it alot when i was babysitting which now i will never be able to do again poor grover lolo and hakkai though i knew what would happen when you started it
Wynjara chapter 6 . 4/16/2005
Mildly Bewildered Smile of Spine-Freezing Doom.

Evil Bunny1 chapter 19 . 2/25/2005
Whew. I liked it. I really loved the "monster at the end of this book" thing you had going. My mom used to read me that book when i was little, she'd used the funny voices and make it hard to turn the pages and stuff. I never liked Gonzo inherant distrust i suppose...after all, he did LIE to me.
permetaform chapter 18 . 1/29/2005
god, I love this, the 'plot hole', the 'cover your ears', the fact that they didn't realize Hakkai was youkai, the simutaneous hilarious angst that you mangage to pull off and damned if I know how you do it.

Brava! D Really, BRAVA! ::mad applause::
DoSet chapter 18 . 1/29/2005
You get caught up with RL for a while and you get so many chapters to read through! I wish this happened every time. lol.

I love this. Absolutely, totally, always. If there was a fic I could hug, this would be it. This was both humourous and sad and fluffy and poignant.

"...Sakari was going to have a brother or a sister to play with and to help raise and it would help her learn to be a mommy someday too."

-This made me sniffle just a bit and my grin fell, because Sakari won't have a baby naturally since she's a hybrid. Her childlike innocence and simplicity just incited lots of 'aw' feelings from me.

I love the 'cover your ears' bit to Sakari - I mean, with Sanzo and Honshin around she's going to pick up more than a couple of words or two!

"After a moment's sober silence that Sakari didn't understand at all, Mommy gave a bright, watery smile and said, 'Ah. Of course. The direct approach.'"

-And this... As I said before, you're really good at this writing between humourous and poignant thing you do. The discovering of Kanan's pregnancy with another red-headed child and the talk of Gonou-as-Youkai was just over the top in the very good and funny way (I laughed when Jien stepped away from a rather...scary Honshin), but at the moment, with that smile and the last words (as if it was par the course to kill 1,0 youkais by hand), I felt uneasy and wary and generally shivery. It was even more effective because Sakari doesn't understand the nuances at all.

Hee, hee. Let's not forget the omake, which is entirely enjoyable unto itself.
Arileo chapter 18 . 1/25/2005
oh god... all that time and they never figured out that Hakkai was... *lmao*. But When i think about it, I wonder which of Kanan's kids'll grow up wierder. I mean, the new one's inbred and Sakari is related to Chin Iisou.
incandescens chapter 18 . 1/25/2005

Well, that definitely cheered up my morning. Love the talking-over-her-head. ;) Thanks. Excellent.
permetaform chapter 17 . 1/5/2005
::glomps:: god, you know how I love you and your writing and ::writhes in envy::

also? I don't know what's happening with the Slayers plotbunny ::cries:: my brain has be et in too many places, I thoroughly am willing to just let you have it to run with ::curls self around your feet::
mika chapter 3 . 1/4/2005
this makes no sense to me...maybe i havent seen enough of the series...still, i'm really confused...
solaas chapter 17 . 1/2/2005
*sniff* Why does it have to be over already? The richness of this story, with all the sneaky details and the multi-layered brain-bombs and the sheer beauty - it's such a rare animal. I have the distinct feeling that no matter how many times I re-read it, I'll keep finding new details that I didn't notice the last time. Just like Asterix! (And that is the highest compliment I can ever give.)

Thank you for writing 'Hir Wicked Style'. :)
incandescens chapter 17 . 1/1/2005
A neat, crisp ending to an excellent series, which yet again shows the differences between the two groups as well as the similarities. Thank you again.
runefallstar chapter 17 . 1/1/2005
This review isn't for you, Night, it's just to tell Hakkai that I love him and to tell Sanzo good work.

*shaking finger at muse closet* Don't you boys let her get lazy now. *snerks*

And with that, I leave you. I have my OWN corner of your muse closet to decorate, so there :-P
sockpuppet-of-love chapter 16 . 12/26/2004
Just had to stop and comment on this:

"Gojyo is chivalrous,... There's only room in his heart for one woman, and he's already wearing her favor."

Whoa. Not only did you get it right, but you got it right with *style*. And that line coming from snarky!Hakkai makes it that much better.

It's always a pleasure to stumble across writers here on ffn who write with *ability*. Keep up the good work!
permetaform chapter 15 . 12/12/2004
Okay so I was planning and planning to review but like every time I kept just rereading it and just going "oh holy SHIT" and just.

brilliant. BRILLIANT.

I love how you don't assume that your readers are stupid, love how Sanzo's secretly a bit glad of the bathhouse and getting the tub though it's not like he'd TELL anyone, and the sideways sliding conversations that Hakkai and Sanzo have that is just so beautifully fanTASTICALLY in-character that I don't have the words to convey how massively brilliant it is.

It also meant that Hakkai had, for once,

sensibly refrained from waking up two hours

early to prepare another spread for

eight-to-twelve. Unexpectedly practical of him,

but Sanzo would take it as an apology instead of

the favor he was possibly meant to.

XD ::snickers:: that or Hakkai just couldn't tear himself away from bed...

Hakkai had seen enough skin yesterday-some

flying in chunks across the room or getting

caught in his nails, okay, granted,

::just cracks up::

The gods were never merciful in matters of

convenience, and even Hakkai hadn't bothered to

::cracks up MORE::

Those two were just as bad as Homura, in their

own way, and deceptively selfish. Why should

everyone else suffer just because they couldn't

stand to look at each other? Sanzo couldn't

stand Gojyo, but he put up with him for the sake

of two strong fighters useful to the mission.

Damn, but I ADORE the shitloads of characterization you packed into that whole bit. 'cause dude, YES. ALL of it, the selfishness and the *two* strong fighters and just the whole damn *tone* of this!

Opponent subdued. Game, set, and match: Genjo Sanzo.

"But she didn't even say anything yet," Yaone

whispered, mystified and maybe a little awed.

Sanzo raised an eyebrow at her and drawled, "Why

should I let her?"

I adore you.

obvious kick out of playing teacher/dictator.

::snickers:: it al comes clear now.

Gojyo and Goku groaned in concert at the thought

of three nights in a tent. Honshin and Kaikara

should have, as well, instead of continuing to

look as though Hakkai had left his mind on the

XD god, I love how this implies the teamwork and the perceptiveness that they occasionally show. And just...the whole entire next section, Gojyo's reaction, Hakkai's reaction to Gojyo's reaction, Sanzo's reaction to Hakkai's reaction, Goku's smugness, Sanzo as a disgusted observer, and their 'division of labor' in the 'distract the enemy' sorta way, and the currents of Sanzo/Hakkai UST and "Probably not a bra, though. Pity."

::just cracks UP::

'cause what with the sideways smile so that the others can't see and and!

by virtue of the reflexive restraint brought on

by a lifetime of aggressively not being Gojyo.

"If you encourage that idiot to start calling

you 'honey,' I'll kill you -second,-" he

::is incoherent with the PERFECT:: 'cause yes to all of it and YES that is a threat to make him watch and just aklsjhdfajhsuwoejhd!

Just. like. wow.

you my hero

this. I. wow.

Me-Nuriko chapter 15 . 12/8/2004
Very nice. You gave me a good laugh at many times. It's hard to say, but I think my favorite was: ' virtue of the reflexive restraint brought on by a lifetime of aggressively not being Gojyo.'

Love your interaction between Sanzo and Hakkai._