Reviews for Aglarond
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 9 . 5/22/2004
Aw! *swoons again at the thought of Faramir singing*
This was really cute. I'll definitely be looking for your fanfics in the future.
quillon chapter 9 . 5/21/2004
Woot! I love it when Faramir sings. :) Great story with a happy ending! Thanks so much for sharing!
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 8 . 5/19/2004
I'm glad they got out! :)
I do have one question- is it ok with you if I put a link to this story at the fanfic archive I co-mod? (It's a livejournal community formerly known as A'mael Taren.) This looks like something the people there would enjoy, but I wanted to get your permission first :)
Rosie26 chapter 7 . 5/19/2004
This chapter conjures up the most wonderful image - I wish it could be filmed!
Sar-kaz-m chapter 7 . 5/18/2004
Hilarious! Though what does it say about me that I recognized half the songs and all of the instruments? Oh, right, medievalist I am! Fun chapter. I wonder who's about to save them?
Raksha The Demon chapter 7 . 5/17/2004
Wonderful chapter! Eomer gets my vote as the Man of M-E Most Likely To Liven Up Any Cave-In. But there are other things I would like to do with Faramir besides singing were we to find ourselves in such a situation.
Excellent usage of old and newer songs! I have sung IN HEAVEN THERE IS NO BEER myself, despite not being a beer drinker. I love the hammered dulcimer. You've obviously researched medieval instruments very well. I would like to point out that Tolkien specified that Faramir was a lover of lore and music, so I would think he would be less self-conscious about singing..
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 7 . 5/17/2004
I was surprised to see another chapter up tonight! :)
The songs were funny- for some reason, it really amuses me that the Gondorians sing Scottish- sounding songs. And good job with the instruments (I actually already knew what those are because of the early music ensemble I've played in at my school... swooning at the thought of Faramir as a quasi-guitar player...)
quillon chapter 7 . 5/17/2004
I love how these two are getting to know each other by sharing their cultures. Good idea with the songs, I think. Looking forward to your next update. :)
Emera chapter 7 . 5/17/2004
WEEHEE, I am collapsing with laughter for the jillionth time now at Eomer belting Wild Rider. You'd think my brain would have gotten tired of it by now, but I guess not. XD Gah, I could sing that song forever... and ever...
Hey, you spelt fugheles wrong. Michel wrong, even! *falls over herself laughing* Um... yeah... someone just slap me now.
YA-AY, hammer dulcimer! ...Faramir the wanton? Oboy. XD
Emera chapter 6 . 5/17/2004
*melts messily yet again, this time all over the heart-to-heart talk* Mwe! So much lovely heartfeltness. I loved it when Faramir mastered his own fear to help Eomer, and when they really came straight with each other about Faramir's fear and Eowyn. Brotherly-in-law love, ya-ay! *Karen style*
Carrie S chapter 7 . 5/17/2004
This is for the past three chapters, actually. I have been rather remiss in reviewing. Forgive me-and oh goodness, now I am sounding like Faramir. But that is not necessarily a bad thing, is it? :D
I loved all the songs in this chapter, and was so pleased to see a happy Faramir. Although I quite like him angsty and depressed, too. The dream scene in chapter-5, was it?-was very effective in explaining Faramir's fear of caves, especially dark ones. Very nice. *huggles Faramir*
I also liked the argument between Eomer and Faramir-even though Faramir was giving his views, even if they were spoken in a rather defensive way, he felt the need to apologize to Eomer. Very in character-so Faramir. *huggles him again*
I loved this new chapter, Arahiril-beautiful and long. But this happiness and mirth can't last for long, can it? *hopes not* Yes, I know-I am sadistic. But aren't we all? *grins*
Post more soon, please!
Carrie S
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 6 . 5/17/2004
This is for both chapters- the dream is a good explanation of why he's so claustrophobic (I'd be too if I had gotten locked in a crypt as a kid!) And the poor guy... thinks he's doing everything wrong! I'm glad that Eomer's being nice about it.
Emera chapter 5 . 5/14/2004
*melts* I wanted to CRY when Denethor finally found his little son- both out of relief, and from the tenderness of the moment. Not to mention I'm deathly afraid of the dark, so I know exactly how Faramir felt!
Emera chapter 4 . 5/13/2004
I thought it was a little odd that Eomer would give up and despair so quickly right after the collapse ("What does it matter? All we can know is that we are here, and most likely will be for a long time!"), but perhaps he's a bit in shock and is reacting with unneeded anger there. I know I would. XD Huzzah for Faramir's excellent reasoning powers, though!
Carrie S chapter 4 . 5/13/2004
Oh, no! *sobs* Trapped with no hope of rescue! Well, the outlook appears to be bleak right now, but I know there has to be SOME solution that involves their escape!
I especially loved how Faramir's quickened thoughts paralleled the fast paced action going on in the chapter. And is Faramir neglecting his health again? *sighs* I've scolded him about that...:D
Excellent! More soon, please!
Carrie S