Reviews for The Searching
Sharpclaws chapter 8 . 11/19/2010
this was touching. It was a wonderful chapter
Sharpclaws chapter 4 . 11/19/2010
I couldn't stop laughing. Note to self: NEVER mess with Bulma

though it's not like I even now how to hack a computer.
rurousha chapter 7 . 1/3/2007
I really loved the repeat of 17's line "Games of make-believe are best played alone." and when he said that he didn't see the scar on his chest. The outburst showed that he really wasn't handling this new life nearly as well as he thought he was, but I was so pulled into his slightly-delusional world that I didn't expect it at all. I really served to increase the drama of the entire story, esecially for the two siblings.

I'm loving your works so far.
Lon Wolfgood chapter 10 . 6/6/2005
I really liked this story. It's a nice, simple yet deep intake of how things develop at the beginning of the 7-years gap.

One of my favorite KJ stories. :)
EvilZero chapter 11 . 8/23/2003
Grettings, from EvilZero. I'm so glad that I finally got the time to finally read this from start to finish. I'm going to be as forth-coming as I can. I have read a lot of fanfics in my current time on this planet, but this is definetly one of the absolute best by far. Except for a few details that I don't think are very likely, like the overly agressive way 18 responded to the little hold-up at the store, but then again, due to her state of mind at that particular time, its within the realm of possibility. But, beyond that its a realistic and interesting little story. I really admire and accept the words that krillin and later on 18 use, the phrase " No one makes it through life unscarred" there is so much feeling and emotion behind those words that it could only be true. It is probably one of the wisest grouping of words that I have ever heard. Very good job on everything, it makes one think about the finer points of life. This fic is, in my honset humble opinion, one of the best around, and anyone to tell you otherwise can just...just...ok I can't think of anything polite to say about that right now so on with the review.

It is a true masterpiece in my opinion. It has all the atributes that are pre-required to equal to a great work drama, irony ,comedy and so forth.

Just as life itself.I have enjoyed this work and hope to see more like it in the future.

Very good work, and keep it up

Over and out in peace.

Yours truly,

EvilZero

Keep on writing,

and I'll keep on reading.
Asuka Kureru chapter 11 . 7/21/2003
;_; so beautiful...

You know, I'm not especially a Krillin fan, but the way you gave depth to him... Gah. And 18 and her relationship with her brother. You write so well. Not only with the flow of the words, but in the way you construct the scenario, and the way you explore and melt thoughts and feelings and actions. I thought that the flashback scene were especially well done. Even the secondary characters like Yamcha and Bulma and 17 were not flat, but living, still in character but with some depth-argh. I don't know how to explain. But I loved this fic and especially the characterizations.

Oh, and I loved Muten Roshi at the beginning. Still the old man, but not just a stereotype of the old pervert. (I'd say he's deeper than in the show, though he certainly showed some signs of being able to be that caring from time to time)

In fact I loved too many things in this fic to list them all, but I was so swept in the story I don't remember the details ; and I'm not going to list them all.

I love the hopeful ending after all the angst. _ All is not better yet, but... *happy sigh*

Now off to read more of your fics, if you have some.
The One and Only Mayhem and Eris chapter 11 . 3/8/2003
Very exceptional, quite good, and generally very nice. I liked this story a lot. It has some errors and you might want to get a beta-reader but otherwise it rocks. Swiss Army Knife rec'ed it for me and I'm glad she did. .

M.
Amyante chapter 11 . 3/5/2003
Aww man that was good. I think Toriyama really missed out skipping this stuff in the series Wonder why it wasn't a problem with Goku and Gohan (and Bulma/Yamcha but that was DB) tho.
fidliachi chapter 9 . 1/23/2003
this was one of the best stories i've every read. the plot was awesome.

LONG LIVE ZETA!
Viki chapter 11 . 1/12/2003
I've been waiting very long time for this ending. I don't know why I waited, too many thrilling stories just stopped- cut short in the middle- to say I've waited for the ending since August...now that's something. You've have a rare writing talent for originality. How could an idea, recycled and 'over used' so many times contain such a different twist? Perhaps, that's why I keep coming back. You, like other few fanfic writers have managed to contain the character's personality...that's something I admire. More, from a plot of over- use, this is, like I said, original. Hard to author a fic of such. The words flow smoothly, the fic is detailed and descritive.

MORE EVER, THEY'RE ABOUT MY FAVORITE COUPLE! Okay, that was stupid...Keep writing!
Zany Enchantress chapter 11 . 1/7/2003
i loved it! loved it loved it loved it!
Aoi chapter 8 . 1/6/2003
I really really love this story, I've read a lot of k/18 fics, but this one takes the cake for it's originality. The passion you've expressed with Juuhachigou and Juunanagou is simply amazing. Oh, do finish this wonderful story! (and please do e-mail me when this updates!)
Zany Enchantress chapter 8 . 12/18/2002
This fic is great so far. It's so beautifully written! I love it so and I haope you continue to write it as amazing as you did the other chapters!
JaneRain chapter 8 . 12/14/2002
This is good. Graphic, but good.
tim333 chapter 8 . 12/7/2002
This story is very well written; I commend you. There are a lot of subtle and not-so-subtle images in this fic, and it works very well. You've given us a wonderful insight into the condition of the cyborgs. The concept of 17 as 18's "brother" in the less literal sense, and the statement that the cabin had 'killed her brother' are brilliant.

The meeting of Kuririn and 18 was a bit difficult for me to accept at first. It seemed rather sudden, but then, I suppose that that's the way it ought to be. Come to think of it, I thought that I had complaints when I started typing this review, but as I think about it, they seem to dissolve. There's a purpose in everything here. This is a very enjoyable fic, indeed.