Reviews for Sweets and Secret Ingredients
Emily chapter 2 . 2/15/2010
Deep breaths. Deep, calming, lovely breaths. All right... no, no, don't breathe! Stop! STOP!

Oh, drat, too late, the laughter has burst out. At least I'm no longer in a formal class. : )

*staggers off shaking with laughter*

"Therefore, Master Frodo…" ("Push harder, Merry!"), "I have taken…" ("I can't, Pip! He's holding it shut!") "…the precaution of …" ("Sam, you let us out!") "…preparing a…" ("He wants 'ta talk to you, Mr. Merry.") "…restorative tonic…" ("That's why I want out, Sam!") "…to ensure that… to ensure…"

And: Elves do not giggle.

Thank the stars for that! : )
Emily chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Merry winced as he thought of trying to clean up cooling taffy from the beautiful wooden floors of Frodo's room. Likely it would pry up the floorboards –

and then they'd need to repair that room, too! : )

I had to have an abrupt and violentcoughing fit while I read this one, since I am in science class. : )
Gwenneth Tinuiel chapter 2 . 8/9/2007
Hilarious!
Merry-4-Ever chapter 2 . 6/18/2006
Aw, I wanted to see Merry and Pin as frogs! And I realy wanted some of that taffy too! Great story! Love the hobbit cuteness!
Duuuuude chapter 2 . 1/24/2005
In the extended edition of Return of the King, it proved that the elves were so "pure" that it is almost impossible to get one drunk.
Raven Aorla chapter 2 . 8/6/2004
This is hilarious! Ah, hobbit apologies indeed. However, I noticed one small flaw. In the books it says that Elladan and Elrohir were off hunting Orcs the entire time the hobbits were in Rivendell then, if I remember correctly. However, it's a very tiny fault. The rest was delightful. I'm adding you to my favorites.
Baylor chapter 2 . 7/5/2004
Stern!Elder!Cousin!Frodo and Protective!Elder!Cousin!Frodo all in the same chapter! Hurray!

And may Rivendell survive this and all future visits by Masters Took and Brandybuck.
Baylor chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
1) Pippin, sweetie-pie, you can leave me roses and love poems any time you like, and I will be properly grateful and make sure you receive due thanks and praise.

2) I reiterate my thoughts concerning "Three Cousins and a Gardner."
Firnsarnien chapter 2 . 6/24/2004
Ok...you should have posted a warning at the beginning of this chapter or something! I swear! Let me tell you what happened:

I started reading this and I could not help but feel a little sorry for Pip and Merry. Every time they try to do something right, something goes wrong! So I frowned a bit at the beginning. And even more so when I read what happened to Frodo.

Poor him, hung over and unable to refuse that horrible tonic Elrond gave him! Seems like he ended up getting the short end of the stick! LOL

But, I have to say, the whole time I was reading the first part of the story, I was snickering quietly. When Frodo has to pretend he's scratching his head so Elrond wouldn't see him making gestures behind his back, the snickers turned to chuckles.

Then when I got to the part where Elrond is trying to talk to Frodo and he can hear Merry and Pip in the background trying to get out the door and being stopped by Sam...I started giggling. Had to try to be quiet though cause the hubby is asleep in bed.

And, when I got to the part about who had received those evil little pieces of taffy, I almost groaned! I could just imagine the mayhem happening!

Now, the part where I lost control and had to actually cover my mouth is when Elrond is wrapping the cut on the head cooks hand! I mean it, literally, I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing out loud and waking my husband! That was hilarious.

OMG! And by the time I got to the part where Gandalf wants to turn Merry and Pippin into a frog...OMG...I was rolling on the floor laughing my head off and wiping tears of laughter from my face. I was so loud, I made my hubby toss and turn in the bed! Good grief!

Do you see why you need a warning for this chappy! It should read...Do not drink anything while reading this chappy or you may spray it all over your monitor...if you have a weak bladder, go grab a Depends or you will be sorry...and if anyone is asleep in the house...For Valar's sake, don't read this chapter or everyone may rush towards you thinking you are being attacked by a wild animal from all the hysterical noises you will be making! Wait until you are alone to read this chappy! LOL Yup, you definitely need a warning!

Whew, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time! Valar! The funniest part is when Gandalf wanted to turn them into frogs! That was priceless! And like Frodo, I too, would have liked to have seen that, if only for a moment! LOL

Loved this story! *runs off to grab more Kleenex for tears streaming down face* LOL :)
ClaudiaofBree chapter 2 . 6/24/2004
ahahahaha! All of Rivendell's household drunk. :-)
ClaudiaofBree chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
This was absolutely adorable! So...I hope Aragorn forgave Pippin! Heh. Lovesick!hobbits after Elvish princesses...
Sam chapter 2 . 6/23/2004
"Elves do not giggle." There are a great many lines in this story that made me giggle (it's 1 in the morning, I have graduation rehersal in 8 hours and I'm tired but having way too much fun on IM). I'm giggling worse than anyone should be allowed to.

Pippin squeaked! "Pippin peeked out and squeaked" I love that! Ohh, Frodo is mad at Gandalf. I love it when Frodo get protective of the others and "blue eyes blazing" just makes it so much better:)

This is why I love your stories, they can always make me laugh. But I would like to see Gandalf drunk, and Strider. So maybe a third chapter is in the making? Or another story? Oh well, I really should go to bed but I probably won't for another hour or so. But lovely story that had me giggling very badly :)
Lady Eleclya chapter 2 . 6/23/2004
OMG! I loved where Merry and Pip do this kind of stuff! They always seem to be in trouble but I notice it never stoped them from doing it ALL over again!

Pippin's obsession with Lady Arwen is hilarious! I can just see him daydreaming about her and writing poems to her!(making Aragorn jealous..lol)

Oh! It was just too funny when Gandalf came Storming after Pippin and Merry! And Their cry for help("Frodo! Save us!")!

Thanks for giving me a big laugh with this story!

"Frodo! Save us!"

"Frogdom, lads," Gandalf hissed. "Come out of there so I can transform you. You'll hardly feel a thing." He raised his staff threateningly and both young hobbits wailed.
EllaG chapter 2 . 6/23/2004
Lovely! And so funny too! Just the thing to find waiting for you at the end of a hard day:

) I can just see the look on Gandalfs face! Write more please!
Mewsette chapter 2 . 6/23/2004
Dear heart, I rarely laugh aloud while sitting at my computer, but reading these chapters made me giggle and chuckle and guffaw. Truly, you have so much talent, and such a sweet way of involving our beloved hobbits in one scrape after another that I can hardly wait to see what you'll have them doing next. The only thing that I found a little distracting was the use of so many adverbs. They interfered with the flow of some of the action instead of adding to the story. Otherwise, perfection. Please don't stop writing. I look forward to your next effort.