Reviews for Playing for Keeps
Miss Loquacious chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Short, but interesting. Nice work. Though I think Kaoru would have needed more time to think through the assassin thing.
raven-haired angel chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
i like how this story unfolded into a romantic story..i read this for a couple of times but it is still as beautiful as the first time that i was able to read it..
evilteddybear chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Aww! That's so cute and sweet and creepy. O.o I thought I would find this too creepy/dark, but it's not as much as I had thought. Actually I prefer plain dark to creepy. I still liked this very much though. (You seem to have a knack for making me like things that I usually find dubious(?). _ Just your writing style's charisma.)

So yes - again, I loved your characterization. Your writing skill was supreme, especially as this is one of your earlier works. Have you edited it recently?

There are two annoying perfectionistic things I could point out, but that would most likely also be pointless bratty whining. The only relevant criticism I can make is that Kaoru's behavior doesn't seem believable. It's like she had a bipolar personality switch at the last to go from prickly to lovey-dovey. I think she would at least still attempt to be dominating/protesting in their romantic relationship as well or something. Defnsive, smart-alecky, I can't think of the right adjective, but I hope you know what I mean.

Maybe the change would have seemed more realistic if she had some realizations shown in her thoughts about Kenshin that would change her opinion about him and make him more comfortable. Or if she started rationalizing away excuses for their relationship to work - or at least to change her viewpoint. If your point was to show that at some point she just had to give in to Kenshin, I think she would remain (bratty?) just in a teasing manner. That would have made her character seem more consistent. Maybe even showing that her attitude at least remained the same as far as her other peers were concerned. In my opinion.

The point of view and timeline switching also went very well and I didn't notice any inconsistency if there was any (there probably wasn't, I just didn't think to really pay attention to that.)

As always thank you for all your time and effort! much luv, evilteddybear (yes AGAIN)
shizuka-kage chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
Wonderfully done. I do wish that there had been a little more of a resolution on the "Eric" issue. But overall, I enjoyed it. Great job.
Discord1 chapter 1 . 3/11/2007
I've read through several of your stories and I'm at a loss at how best to describe your style. Some of your stories I like a lot... they're creative, well-editted and plausible. And then there are others where I feel like you rush a bit. This was one of those. Kaoru was always angry... and she acted too much like comic relief. And this fic felt like it was written all at once. Even still, your writing is so far above the average par... you're absolutely one of my favorite authors. Just wanted to drop you a little note and offer a reminder to take your time.
noname00 chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
as always i really did enjoy your fic
Teardrop chapter 1 . 1/2/2007
I always enjoy reading your oneshots because they seem to be entire worlds in and of themselves. I liked the juxtapostion between Kaoru's memories and the present, though once or twice I found it a little confusing (this is possibly due to sleep depravation, as I am up at unholy hours of the morning to read fanfic).

Two mistakes I found: when Kenshin has Kaoru up against the door, the frase should be 'wreaking havoc' not 'reeking havoc.' The implication of horrid smells at this point in the story broke the rythm for me. Second, when Eric grabs Kaoru's wrist she says 'your hurting me.' It should be "you're".

Thank you for this short story and all the others that you have posted, and I look forward to reading more from you.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
in my humble opinion, the sexiest scenes are not the blow by blow descriptions but, it's the hint; like the old movies that cut to the waves crashing against the rocks, or the slightest peek of skin at the wrist for the geisha. you write sensuality and seduction in that way.

ginny
kingleby chapter 1 . 9/4/2006
I love the possessive kenshin in this, great job! _
Neko-Lady chapter 1 . 9/2/2006
Yummy! You do write the best Kenshin/Kaoru stories!
bubblygoo chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
Ah, I love it when a guy with an American name gets the crap beaten out of him. Heh.
Moonlight Star Phoenix chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
you definitely have a way with words! this a great story, just like the others. and like the others, Kenshin's a bit of an arragont bastard. still, fab story.

Ja Ne! :D :

Moonlight Star Phoenix
PersianRurouni chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
nice ending, it was so cute. love your stories
Tiber360 chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
very good one shot. great writing skills
Kokari chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
wow that was great keep it up!
87 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »