Reviews for Van Helsing 2: Shards of Avalon
Countess Verona Dracula chapter 12 . 6/5/2004
GAH! NO! *twists and writhes on floor in agony* YES THE TENSION IN THE KITCHEN WAS GOOF! TOO DAMN GOOD! *growl* Anyways, this is a great story... love the chapter ending. I might have to reread it tomorrow though... I'm so tired and I had to keep rereading a couple sentences to make them make sense... I'm crawling off to my coffin now...

~ Verona
Trinety chapter 8 . 6/5/2004
I liked the Ideas behind the story and I espeshely like the way you put them. I have always been interested in te Celtic legend of King Arthur and am anchus to read more of this charming story.
jjxd chapter 11 . 6/4/2004
o...UPDATE!
Trinety chapter 6 . 6/4/2004
I like the Idea of Mina and Van Helsing getting toghether I like bothe the caricters and think they would make a grate cuple. All I am asking id that you don't kill Mina becus that would just suck bigtime.
Scholar chapter 11 . 6/4/2004
Another awesome chapter! GO VAN HELSING! Morgan will not be pleased... but who cares about her? Will the fairy escape? (Maybe use Carl's device on Carl?) Loved the whole scene with the battle of the fairies. And yes, I know about Audrey! I just about fell over when I found out! If you look at the eyes and think about it, he resembles him just a little. I was nearly on the floor when I found out "the DUKE" (said in Satin's high pitch voice) was Dracula- I kept thinking that scene at the end of "Like a Virgin" where he's coming towards Harold. When I saw the film I wanted to scream that more than once. How's that foir ironic? Carl and Dracula "knew" each other from a "past life"? ;) Keep up the story! Can't wait to see more. -S.
Talyn-John chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
I have to say that this is EXACTLY what I would of imagined Van Helsing 2 to be. I love how you've mixed the stories of Dracula and King Arthur and made it make sense. Three cheers!
evilspoofauthor1Sven chapter 11 . 6/3/2004
Me again...

I wouldn't want you to change it...I LIKE this story. I also like this chapter! This is getting quite interesting...please update when you get the chance. I understand about not having the time to type sometimes...I haven't updated any of my stuff for awhile. Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter.
Doodily doo chapter 11 . 6/3/2004
haha! I love it too. No, the faerie was perfect. It makes sense that Morgan would send assasins first. She doesn't want to lift a finger herself. And what better than a faerie? hahahahaha.

Nasty little buggers aren't they? I love THAT word: Bugger. heehee.
J chapter 10 . 6/2/2004
come to think of it, on the synthetic blood thing, i find blood has a more coppery taste than iron.

*on the receiving end of stares and a cocked pistol*

so sue me! i was a kid back then and didn't understand the dangers of making my cuts worst!
Countess Verona Dracula chapter 11 . 6/2/2004
You. Are. SO. EVIL! You keep torturing me with Mina and Gabriel! *throws a little temper tantrum* Okay... I am calm... and not freaking out... Anyways, that was a great chappie! Gotta hand it to that faerie, it had spunk! Okay, while I'm griping about it, at the same time the tension between Mina and Gabriel is exquisite. It's like slowly twisting a knife into someone's skin! And it hurts just about as bad! Not that anyone's ever done that to me...

~ verona
HyperCaz chapter 11 . 6/2/2004
GREAT CHAPTER! OMG i remember seeing some of Mel Brookes' Dracula - it was hilarious!

Now to the business of Van the Man pairing up with Mina...the way you're writing the sexual tension - hey i don't mind anymore if they DO get together.

I LOVE YOUR FAERIES! of course I wrote abotu a fairy but he's nowhere as cool as urs...
J chapter 11 . 6/2/2004
BTW, on Gabriel being Abraham's younger brother, that was a concept by Sommers in the beginning. he changed Abraham to Gabriel, partially due to legal issues as well the fact that he didn't quite want "Ol' Abe" as the lead guy (majority of the previous Abraham Van Helsing were often played by older men, Anthony Hopkins and Sean Connery to name two). speaking of Van Helsing, i keep confusing if Abramham is from Germany, Holland, or England!

another note are the biblical references; the angel Gabriel is in fact the Left Hand of God. *scrunches eyebrows* maybe this Gabriel totally screwed up, hence the two scars on his back.
Shadowsage Hopesong chapter 11 . 6/2/2004
... _

Just so you know, when I find and join a van helsing rpg board, I'm advertizing this story...

Another well-crafted and interesting chapter!

...what does Carl know about Faeries? The knowledge seems to come from a personal basis, more so than books. Recent circumstances aside.

Keep going! I was DELIGHTED to discover this update.

-Shade
Grissom chapter 11 . 6/2/2004
I liked this chapter as well. Nice bit of background information (and I really do hope Van Helsing remembers a little more about what had happened! Seems like something big!) His guilt about being in Jonathan's house with his wife in his clothing seems very real. Speaks volumes that you thought to put that in there.

There was one line that I didn't get.

* Once she had removed the top layer that hope chest's mood changed. *

Was this a typo or two? I mean, I've seen a few other typos in the story, but this one just didn't seem to make sense. Was it, 'the whole chest's mood changed'? Just my 'beta' habits kicking in again. *grins*

I loved the interrogation scene with the faerie! I found myself wondering if Carl was going to finally pull the menace out or not! And I did figure (or at least think) that there was something special about the sword Van Helsing had. You mentioned earlier that it seemed to call to him, and there was also a semi-big deal about choosing a sword for Van Helsing to take. Little clues along the way make a story more interesting! Take the Harry Potter books for example: after you finish reading one and all of the hints are revealed for what they are, you go back and re-read those parts! Then you see that it wasn't just an ending thrown in for the sole purpose of ending! I won't go into more details in case you haven't read the HP books.

And the slash? *shudders and runs to hide* I think that voices my opinion! I do not like it and I refuse to read it. That way no one can get mad at me for leaving...'unkind' reviews!

The novelization is great. Almost word for word and move for move to the movie. A few things are different, but we get more of a background on the characters (Anna and Frankenstein for example) I enjoyed it, and you probably will too!

Awaiting the next part! (and wishing I hadn't written such a LONG review!)

~Gris
fanfiction fanatic chapter 11 . 6/2/2004
You will do fine and i can wait. I expected Gabriels sword to have excalibur sheath in it ...anyways this isw good please continue
258 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »