Reviews for Freespace 2: Devestation
Nathan Woodfall chapter 15 . 11/8/2014
Thank you so much for this story, which told of the beginning of the GTVSA
Nathan Woodfall chapter 9 . 11/7/2014
At the beginning of this chapter, you used the wrong form of 'to'
Haruka Payne chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Tah. Love it. XD
Nick chapter 15 . 11/29/2007
Loved your story mate. The only thing i didnt like was bosch coming into it in that way. Maybe better if he was explained a bit more how he got there and in the destroyers fleet. And chris and anya should get command of destroyers in the next one or colossi or something, writing them out of the story would have be a mistake i think. I loved how u were able to make it a edge of your seat story without having to kill any of the main main chars like anya or luis.

Overall a great story and deff got me through a boring day at work well done mate.

Am looking ford to next one.

Cheers

Nick

marston.
Bigfoot TI chapter 15 . 2/4/2007
Oh, wow! Great story, plus a cliffhanger at the end!
Exavier Macbeth chapter 15 . 8/23/2006
I just finished reading this story and about to start on the next. I have to say i am impressed, which is obvious since this is the first review i have done for this website :P

I find your story very well written and its giving me the erge to reinstall the game and pull out my old modding tools. Now if only i had the time to do that these days, It would make a great Storyline/Mission for the game itself.
Dante-apollyon chapter 15 . 7/11/2006
OMG! Write a book. I haven't read anything this engaging in a long time and I'm not just talking about fan fictions.
Psilontech chapter 13 . 2/6/2006
Holy Bejesus! Shivans and Terrans working together...

And whats up with the destroyers, did I miss something?

Anyway, awesome fic, can't wait to finish it and start reading the sequel...

Good stuff! :D /thumbs up/
Graham Gilligan chapter 15 . 9/14/2005
I was impressed by the determination and effort that you seem to have put into the story. As someone who played both games it is great to read some fanfiction to develop the story. You did the right thing by taking a small close knit group of pilots and telling their story outside of the main storyline. This is important for successful fiction in someone else’s universe. The only significant criticism I have is with the latter part of the story. I feel you made the ending too large and universe changing. Having the Shivans as long lost humans, that is a big step (I hope I got that right), also by introducing the destroyers as being other than the Shivans, again you are steering the plot of the whole Freespace Universe. This is fair enough, but it was the introduction of the Destroyers on top of this that began to make the story seem far fetched. “Destroyer ships are heading right for us. Millions of them.” If you are going to play this card of an unstoppable hoard, then “..a massive series of shockwaves ripped through the Destroyer fleet. Hundreds of thousands of Destroyer ships were blown apart in the explosion.” Only diminishes the climax. If it only takes this amount of effort to eliminate the Destroyers then what is the big deal about them? It would be better for the ship’s sacrifice to be the destruction of a node or similar, thus stopping the threat in a tangible way. It also leaves things open to a sequel.
telminser chapter 15 . 8/18/2005
Well, what can I say. Without question finishing a work of this magnitude is an admirable feat, yet I daresay you could have done better. Two most disturbing details in your story were unsteady pace of events and grammar, both of which can easily be repaired by a decent beta-reading.

Nevertheless it is good to see that someone actually writes longer FS2 stories. After all, it has a better backstory than most sci-fi books and movies combined.
AnonymousReader chapter 13 . 6/21/2005
Keeping in mind that its been a while since there's been any reviews or additions to this piece, I'll throw my two cents into the ring.

Congratulations on a well-written piece, as much as I should have been doing more pressing work, I couldn't stop reading through this.

Nice twist at the end to keep everyone guessing too.

Keep up the good work mate, and keep it coming, you've got another fan to add to the collection of this one!
Alpha 1 chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
Hey i really like you story i know i just started but it's good. I'm making a Novel and I just read some of your first chapter and its given me some good ideas. As I read more I will tell you what I like and was I think could use some help. And when I get mine out I would appreciate if you did the same when I get my story out. Its called Hunted souls. Later.
nodikus chapter 13 . 12/3/2004
Good story but i'm confused about the last chapter. Are the new group shivans? is it some kind of civil war? and how does Bosch fit in.

Anyway, again great story.
aazzssddxxcc chapter 1 . 11/4/2004
I've read only some chapters but liked it. Good story so far and good writing with only some minor errors. I hope you'll write more chapters.
Cpt. Ritter chapter 10 . 10/11/2004
Okay, thanks to ngtm1r, I was reminded that I did a aweful job on the ending to my story. No, the story isn't done. I've removed the epilogue and an currently writing the next chapter. I apologize for any who were reading and are disappointed. I got discouraged for a while there. Please, review, even if your just telling me that your reading it. It helps keep me motivated to continue writing.