Reviews for A Fairer World
0ak3nsh13ldl0v3r chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
Confusing.
La-p'tite-tete chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Gimli is always grumbling, and it appears that it didn't improve in his old age!

I liked that friendship (sort of...) between him and Finrod. Of course they would get along! XD
RavenLady chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
My favorite line is the first, but the rest of them follow closely. I really love this piece; poignant, and beautifully done, and utterly *right* for these two. I bow to your genius.
Inglor chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
Your imagination is amazing. I am a Finrod fan and thought I knew him pretty well and I never imagined this converstion. BUT it is so right and is PERFECTLY in-character for both of them.

I am glad to find another Finrod fan and writer in this wilderness of Feanorians and Fingolfinians.

Not to sound cliche but I like your writing, I'm not very good a describing exactly what I like but your stories are a pleasure to read. Intensely captivating and so well written and flows so easily that I am transproted to the scene and loose myself in the story.
Dis Thrainsdotter chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
I think that both Gimli and Finrod Felagund like to sit together and talk about things they know so well. I am certain that Gimli is quite amased, sitting beside an Elf who his people were very fond of. I am also certain that Finrod likes to hear what became of his friends.
isis whit chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
Why haven't I reviewed this yet? Ah, never too late, I hope. :) It always amazes me anew how you find different points of views. And the ease and familiarity between Gimli and Finrod just feels right. :)
Jazmin3 Firewing chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
Nicely done. So this is Gimli and . . . who, exactly? Finrod Felagund is my guess.
alena chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
This is wonderful. The idea is unique and feels just so *right*, and the voice-perfect.
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
i like the use of quotes in the beginning, sets it up.. Felagund...
Levade chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
This is wonderful! The rhythm of the words and the flow...simply beautiful. Gimli's wonder is perfect. Everyone seems to dwell on the Elves point of view of a dwarf in Aman, but what of his, surrounded by the Eldar? *g* I think you've quite captured that here, and IMHO Tolkien's hope for the races to dwell with one another in understanding.