Reviews for High Stakes
darkheadlights chapter 2 . 10/28/2013
Yay for Dave Matthews!
Vera Cobb chapter 2 . 4/11/2009
Haha. The poker game was hilarious. I got so squealy and excited about the fact that Luke was playing for Jess as well. That was adorable. Good work.
BehrBeMine chapter 2 . 1/15/2007
The lyrics you chose describe the Lit pairing perfectly, as do your own words. I love that you're not afraid to point out Jess' shortcomings in this relationship, because there was a reason why it didn't work out. But it's great that you make it possible for history not to repeat itself.

A stellar job of examining two people, what they mean to each other, and what they can mean to the world together.
selina chapter 2 . 6/21/2005
Oh my gosh this was just wonderful. I loved it tres bein. It was so good and the ending was just fitting and magical. He's staying and the Rory and Jess are going to be together. This is another great lit story from you. You have just a wonderful way of playing with words and forming sentences that leave you breatheless, and take you into the story and feel the things that you write.
selina chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
I think I've read this before. I'm not sure if I reviewed it so here I go. This is so so so so so so good. Ah I'm lovin it. I like how you used the dream complex to help Rory reliaze her feelings. I like that everyone is in character even in the dream, and the dream reveals more about peoples feelings thatn the show.

Jess, Tristan, Luke, and even the loathsome Dean were all great, funny, and in character. Oh me loves this fic to pieces.
Spreeaholic1 chapter 2 . 3/10/2005
i'm glad you wrote a second part to this. it's really good. i enjoyed it.
GQSecondAct chapter 2 . 1/23/2005
can't believe i never read this. it was amazing.

i have no other words for it.

so unique, so perfect, so...well done. it made me laugh and sigh and cry and...oh. amazing. the poker game was, in my opinion, the PERFECT analogy to what rory was/is missing.

i just...ah. there are no words.

flawless? yes. this was flawless.

halfcrazy chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
The poker game was brilliant! good job with this story but you should really continue because i think i might be in love with it (if it is possible to love a inatimate object...well i guess it is with the whole people and robots thing but getting off track.) point of my review is please continue because it was amazing. but if you want to stop you ended it expertly. hope to see more of your work up as Lit.!
Sarah chapter 2 . 5/12/2004
*Deep breath... in... out...* Wow. That was... amazing. I wish you would keep going with this. Especially after last nights episode. I mean, how much did that suck? Ugh. Everyone should write a letter to ASP or Milo begging him to come back. I miss my Jess! Anyways, I LOVED this fic.
kisstherain chapter 2 . 5/12/2004
That was... interesting?
I REALLY liked the dreams! They were so ... wow. Lol.
GREAT ending.
gilmorelvr chapter 2 . 5/11/2004
please please please update soon!
Abster1 chapter 2 . 5/11/2004
*claps excitedly* YAY! See? You should always listen to your stories when they tell you to write more. And your readers will be happy too. (Example A right here!) But, yay. This story is so much fun and so perfect i dunno what to comment on except to say that it's awesome! And update soon!
coolness chapter 2 . 5/11/2004
ah, i love it. it was seriously, really great. literati will live on long after they take him off the show (damn them for doing that! damn them!)
smile1 chapter 2 . 5/11/2004
This was a really good chapter and I liked it a lot. It was well written.
Bye, smile :-)
CaliforniaDreamer chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
Wow. That's...that's really good. I love the way you've incorporated the 'men in her life' at the poker, exactly how they would all intermingle. And Luke being there...I really liked that part. Also, just realized this as I'm typing this, but stuff that you've incorporated to kind of...foreshadow the end. Like, her bridesmaid dress and Jess having a lot of chips.
Ok, I'm going to go now before this review gets too confusing, but great story!