Reviews for None For Herself
silvren ithildin not sighed in but it is me chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
This story is exelent i love it and all this story really touches my heart... you are a wonderful writer... (interesting profile)
mariagoner chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
Heart breaking and beautiful. Thank you.
Tarawyn chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
Beautiful piece. Of course, the fact I should be studying for my art final right now is a... problem... but one that can wait.
First, I'm again pleased by your characterization of the DĂșnedain. More than before, actually, for the reasons I indicated before. You've given the piece a very human feeling, illustrated the fear of death for others and for oneself... and at the same time, it's too eloquent, too deep to be the norm. Or perhaps it's not, and its depth is enough to convey that. Aragorn is weary and grieving, which you covered well without overdoing it; the choice to have him suffer quietly was a good one, I think. Fits particularly well with your introverted perception of him. Any qualms I had about Halbarad were redeemed in this, I think... although I do have to say the last lines sounded a bit contrived. I'd also like to have seen the section on Gilraen fleshed out a little more. It's all recollection, and it gives her justice as a mother, but falls a little short for her as a person, and by losing the personal touch you're also losing a bit of the magnitude. A personal touch could have brought me a bit further, to the edge of tears most likely - and it's worth the little extra length.
Right. My art final.
Scarg chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
Wow. I have very little to say in this review other than "well done." This is one of those rare little gems of fan fiction that really captures the characters - the whole point, actually. All of your stories seem to elaborate on the original characters without changing them, if that's possible. I don't usually bother reviewing your stories because you seem to have an abundance of reviewers as it is, but since I'm reviewing already, kudos to you on every single story. Have a lovely day, and please update (any of your works, I'm not picky) soon!
grumpy chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
This is a wonderful story, so very good and touching. The theme of motherhood is a good one, and this story is so well written. Love what you have done with Gilraen, Aragorn and Halabarad. One of the best stories I have read. Thanks for the good read
ceremonial blood chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
A beautiful piece of work. THis was an incredibly touching story. Your insight into the characters never ceases to amaze.
Frodo3791 chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
I love what you've done in this piece. Gilraen was such a powerful presence in Aragorn's life. He became who we read about in Lord of the Rings because of her. Fantastic piece, yet again. Loved it.
Hobbes chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
Well done, miss. I'm glad your feeling better, which you must be in order to write this well. The weight ever line carries is really incredible. I haven't seen many bitter stories done well lately, so thank you for that. I liked also the way you discribed Gilraen. You should do more with her. Rockin story.
southerngirl4615 chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
It was excellent. I actually cried. It is true what you say about mothers. I have spent many a sleepless night with my two children and have managed to keep the smile on my face. My mother devoted a lot of her life to me to make me into the person I am today so I think the story is right on. Thank you.
ArWen of sMirkwood chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
Very heartwarming tale, and I enjoyed the exchange between Aragorn and Halbarad. And no it's certainly not you could go on with an extension about Gilraen's point of view or something.
EntSpinster chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
Well done, indeed. Even for one of the few authors who are true pleasures rather than guilty ones. A review, from a usual lurker, to encourage others to read. Thank you.
Lady Jaina chapter 1 . 5/10/2004