Reviews for And Not Fade Away
beautyofsorrow chapter 3 . 3/14/2011
Perfect. Absolutely phenomenal. I loved every word of it, every emotion, every raw shred of pain. Wow. My favorite was B'Elanna's reunion with Chakotay. You summed up their relationship beautifully. Well done!
beautyofsorrow chapter 2 . 3/14/2011
This is marvelous, simply wonderful. I love everything about it...the passion, the depth of character, the struggle to survive and persevere and LIVE. It is almost breathtaking, and definitely better than most of the professional Trek novels I have read. And the Buddy Holly reference brought a delighted smile to my lips, because my dad turned me into a Buddy Holly fan-I absolutely love his songs, and didn't realize until now that the title was a reference to one of his songs! It made my day. I cannot wait to read the next chapter. Well done! Very well done, indeed.
Shadowgirl119 chapter 3 . 3/18/2009
Amazing story. Very well written. I liked how you showed the development of the characters.
Unknownnotreally chapter 3 . 4/12/2007
Yannik's review was a tad passive-aggressive, wouldn't you say? As for me, I will always adore this story and will never part with my beautiful, *printed fanzine* version of it.
eveningspirit1 chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
Beautifull – that goes for the ending part. Impossible to resist – that goes for the whole story. What else can I say?

You have incredible FEEL for the characters. You were exceptionally good in portraying Kes, Neelix, and the main three boys. They seemed more true-to-character, than the original ones on the show! (is that possibe?). I espiecially liked Paris’ self-loathing as he was released from his ordeal – “/How pathetic. How very Tom Paris./” It wasn’t so good with B’Elanna though (too many cliches instead of real characterisation), and I – of course – regret there wasn’t any P/T romance ;)…

Neatpick? Two. I was a little perplexed by the way you write thoughts of characters (in /thought/ way). It got easier-to-read towards the end of the story as I got used to it, but it’s still manneristic. If it was supposed to be writer’s experiment – in my oppinion it failed.

I also think that you didn’t use this story to the full potential. It defenetelly lacked in real disagreements (such with violent, hurting words, antagonisms, and so on) between the three men stranded in a small space – all of them injured and helpless in some way (yes even Kim, by suddenly being the only one they could rely on). There could have been more rage, even fierce hatred at some point.

But still – I add you to my favourites.

I'm about to check your homepage - hope to find something interesting there
JadziaKathryn chapter 3 . 7/21/2004
This story is incredible complex and thoughtfully done. I like the friendly banter and Tuvok's "logical" emotionalism. Really, I have nothing to suggest improvements for. It's beautiful.
Tiffany Park chapter 3 . 5/27/2004
Wonderful story. There's really no more to say. Thank you for posting it.
Morayah chapter 3 . 5/20/2004
Whoa! what a brilliant story! I can't believe only three peeps have reviewed it before me! You truely have a talent for writing: what a strong story, on personal as well as storyline base! I'm a big fan of Tom and i usually skip through stories only readin the bits in which he features, but this time i read all of it! you go girl!
Cat C chapter 3 . 5/16/2004
I've read this story elsewhere and it appears that you have added some scenes from Voyager. This is once again a beautifully written piece of literature. I agree with Katherina-B that you have the characters portrayed very life-like. I can picture all three of them clearly.
Tharin chapter 3 . 5/15/2004
A very good story. Your characterization of Chakotay, Tom, Harry, Kes and Kathryn is wonderful. But the others (Tuvok, Doc, Neelix) are also great. You have a unique way the write their emotions and motivations.
Your view of Harry is interesting, and I like how you let him "grow up" during their time on the planet. It's ironic that the youngest officer has to care care of the two older ones, but you have shown that in his own way, Harry is as strong as Chakotay or Tom.
Chakotay is so well characterized - his sense of duty, how he feels responsible for his officers, his calm nature, his pride and his strength - just everything.
Tom is also well written. I read the lines in the first chapter, when he told Harry to stay behind him as they go out of the shuttle, and all I could think was: That's typical Tom. It was something he would have done.
One thing I have to criticize is about B'Elanna. You've written about her feelings about loseing Chakotay, but you could have written more about her feelings towards Harry. After Chakotay, he's her closest friend on board, I think it would have affected her more. But maybe it's just my point of view.
One thing I liked very much was when you described how Kes feelt the feelings each men had for Captain Janeway.
DianeB chapter 3 . 5/13/2004
Morgan, I am *so* glad to see this story posted here! This has GOT to be one of my *most* favorite Voyager stories ever. Though, I'll tell ya, those who don't own the fanzine have missed a great treasure. Though I think it's a *much* richer story in fanzine form, more eyes will read it here - and it's *very much* a story that deserves to be read.