Reviews for The Forest Has Eyes
Firnsarnien chapter 3 . 7/18/2004
*Idiotically happy singsong voice* "New chappy, new chappy, she wrote a new chappy, me so happy, woo hoo, me so happy, oy!"

Like my little tune? ;) Heh, heh! Ahem, ok, enough nonsense...on to the review! LOL

Loved the voice Frodo used to ask the men to leave. So much courage for such a little guy...shows how perfect he is to carry that ring.

Poor Pip, he means well, truly he does, he just can't help putting his foot in his mouth! LOL Luckily, Frodo was there to keep him from doing too much damage. Good thing the men didn't seem to care too much for Pip, though they show way too much interest in poor Frodo! Yup, those poor hobbits are indeed, trouble magnets! LOL

Ah, such a valiant little effort from all three of the hobbits. Unfortunately, their size certainly means that that is all it was, an effort. They certainly couldn't do much good against men.

I cringed when they hit Pippin and flinched when they hit Sam. That had to hurt, I bet those two have a heck of headache when they wake. :( And Sam even more so for he was hit twice! :O

And speaking of Sam, if I had been him, I would have given Frodo a good kick in the rear to get him to run! While I admire Frodo's courage and determination not to abandon his friends, I wish he had run. After all, keeping the ring out the wrong hands should have been of the upmost importance, even more important than Leggy and Sam and Pippin and, well, everyone! As much as it pains me to say that, it's true, no?

And still, knowing Frodo's determination to stay with his friends, hearing him actually say so to the men made me groan out loud! I tell ya, at that moment, my toes were itching for a certain hobbit's backside! LOL

OMG! And then there is poor, poor, hurt with big owies, Legolas. How utterly frustrating it must have been for him to lie there so helpless. He is not used to that at all! It must have just about killed him to not be able to kill that man near him for fear the others would harm the hobbits.

Holy moly, and when Harlan destroyed that litter, I think a few tears leaked from the corners of my eyes. I just knew then, they would make poor Leggy walk despite his injuries. *sniff, sniff*

Oh why, oh why couldn't Aragorn and Gandalf have gotten there a little sooner? Finding Pip and Sam in the condition they did must have scared a about ten years off Aragorn's long life and a few centuries off Gandalf's immortal one! LOL At least they were in one piece, er, *somewhat* in one piece. LOL

It's always nice to see how much Merry loves Pippin and of course, I always love it when Aragorn frets over Legolas. *sigh* Wish it were me that could fret like he does! Heh, heh! He actually gets to touch the Elf, me, I just get to dream! :(

Oh, blood on the ground and coating the rotted bark, poor Leggy must have bled quite a bit. I wonder how in the world he will fare having to walk as injured as he is.

*Gasp* And on top of the walking the men made him do, what is jostling and bouncing around on the back of a horse going to do to that horridly big owie he's got? :O

Me thinks Gimli and Gandalf should stay with the hobbits and Boromir and Aragorn should take off after the men. Perhaps they are the only ones who could catch the men now. Although, Gimli didn't do too bad when he was running with Legolas and Aragorn chasing after the orcs who'd captured Merry and Pip in the book and the movie.

Well, whatever they decide to do, I hope they do it fast. I'm worried that Legolas is still losing blood or will again soon, with all the bouncing he will soon do. And how long before the men find the ring around Frodo's neck! Ai! Things just went from bad to worse!

And just so you know, I'm thoroughly enjoying my story! :) Luvin it, luvin it! ;) Can't wait for more! :) Woo hoo! *does the happy dance at new chappy!* Love that Elf angst too! Woo! Love that Legolas Elf angst! Woo Hoo! *twirls in circles* Love that beautiful, golden haired, Legolas Elf angst! *skips merrily down the yellow brick road* Great owies! :) Can't wait for more...angst that is! LOL Yup, can't wait! :) Hurry! Please! LOL
Arayelle Lynn chapter 3 . 7/17/2004
Hey, this is a great story. I hope the others would find Frodo and Legolas soon.
Templa Otmena chapter 3 . 7/17/2004
Eck... I reviewed first on 'Stories of Arda' but it is easier for me to keep track of updates on so I thought that I'd drop a line here too... because I am *really* looking forward to the next chapter!

I love hobbit and elf interaction, particularlt during the quest and it is written here with such quality and realism!

The friendship as portrayed between Aragoen and Legolas, and Gandalf's concern for Legolas is also a wonderful touch.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

UPDATE SOON!
Raven Aorla chapter 3 . 7/17/2004
Ah! NO! WHY a cliffhanger to an excellent story? Why? Please write more, I beg of you.
elentari angel chapter 3 . 7/15/2004
(gasps) OH NO! (falls out of seat) well things have just gotten a whole lot worse, haven't they. i wonder where the men are going to take frodo and legolas though. they seem to be working for themselves, and i can't imagine there being any habitations in the middle of nowhere. i'll be very much looking forward to an update to find out! good luck to the fellowship!
Tialys chapter 3 . 7/15/2004
Wonderful story so far. I love how you write and characterize everyone, Frodo especially. Excellent job!

...Tialys
BonBons2003 chapter 3 . 7/14/2004
Why do fan fiction writers like cliff hangers so much...O wait I know...to make their readers anxiously anticipate the next installment. Well maybe its not so much of a cliff hanger as I am just really impatient and want to find out what happens next... I guess I will just have to wait like everyone else...(insert sad smiley here)lol

Its funny how nearly 1/4th of the chapter is replies to reviewers. But at least we know our comments are appreciated...Until next time!
cambino chapter 3 . 7/14/2004
[Sighs in contentment, mingled with profound frustration at having to wait for the next installment] Budgielover, you're a marvel! What a joy to see a new chapter of this story posted. Your characters are flawless-*flawless!* I can't wait for more. Favorite bits:

"'Samwise! Is the bathwater hot?'" (hee hee) and

"He raised a hand to gently tug at the lobe of the young hobbit's ear, and Pippin smiled tremulously."

What lovely moments of interaction to make us cherish these characters all the more.

Your stories make me think of a bowl of round, robust apples, sweet, satisfying...something I can sink my teeth into. Sprinkled into the spaces between the apples are your little grains of rice-intimate character moments, details that spring to life from the page, and language that never strays from Tolkien's carefully crafted universe.

Bravo!
mwilliams724 chapter 3 . 7/13/2004
Quite suspensful. I can only guess what solution will come up. Good work, as usual.

My only complaint is that this chapter seemed a little shorter, but that might just be me.

Anyways, keep it up!
Snow-Glory chapter 3 . 7/13/2004
hey! this is really good! I am all for Legolas angst! Anyways please update soon!
CelliBella chapter 3 . 7/13/2004
In this one and in Snowball fight, the captives are Legolas and Frodo. Hmm, maybe this is a huge conspiracy by the Fangirls, and not Saruman... ;)
Phantom-Demon chapter 3 . 7/13/2004
oh great chapter, i was hanging on the edge of my seat. Please update soon i just love the way it makes me feel so tense. _
Starlit Hope chapter 3 . 7/13/2004
Run of course-it will get them in shape for the Two Towers
Iorhael chapter 3 . 7/13/2004
Brr! How thrilling! And oh, I love to see how Frodo looked so brave and strong compared to the lying Legolas. Hehe.
BoboBaggins28 chapter 3 . 7/13/2004
Okay, I was good this time and did not scream at my computer.

I hope everything works out with your home situation, I'm sorry you are having to go through such a difficult time. You don't have to hurry to please us, we can wait. Impatiently, maybe, but we can wait.

The fellowship is going to need some way to keep up with the hunters. Is Gandalf going to ask for a bit o' special help somehow(eagles come to mind, but maybe deer can help too if they are big enough)? Unless the hunters don't go far,but somehow that would be too easy. It's hard to figure out what you are going to do next. Your imagination is just too far ahead of my simple mind!

Update soon!