Reviews for The Forest Has Eyes
BonBons2003 chapter 1 . 5/27/2004
Hey I love the story so far...You need to update...Please please please...
Mish chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
Ooh! As soon as the pits with the spikes at the bottom were mentioned, I knew we were in for trouble! :D I don't know if you'd actually try rescuing someone who's fallen into one of those or go for angst in another direction, but whatever you end up doing I know it will be good. _ *reads the last couple paragraphs* And I see you've got us lined up for plenty of angst already. Hehehe...*rubs hands together eagerly*
lovethosehobbits chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
I am so excited! Another fantastic story from Budgie...more, more, more please. I can't get enough. Tree
Rosie chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
LOL I like the funny addainal notes added. Hope you update soon, please.
Rosie
Sam chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
This was good. I still prefer hobbits, naturally, but Elves are ok :) "To Legolas, it did not seem that the wizard had protested overmuch." Hehe, funny Gandalf!
"And that was how Legolas found himself ascending the decaying tree, suspecting that he had been quite expertly manipulated but unsure as to how it had come about." Poor Legolas. Poor everyone. I don't think anyone is able to resist the hobbits.
One question though, when are you going to update Riding the Nightmare? I worked so very hard at the mystery and now there are no updates! *pouts*
Ariel3 chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
Very interesting start, Budgie... I can handle angst of all types - though I am hoping for a bit of hobbit action too. ;)
LilyBaggins chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
Whoop! A new Budgie story! Am very excited. Oh my, those greedy hobbits... laughed at loud at their subtle manipulation of Legolas... and yes, I can certainly see him wanting to please the hobbits with the mushrooms AND being afraid they'd come back and get more in their greed.
Why do I have a feeling this tree is more sinister than you're letting on? Hm. Oh, can't wait for more, please!
T chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
Very well written! Your flashback went great too. It wasn't out of place, but flowed smoothly with the rest. Not to mention, you didn't try to re-write any of the characters' personalities in a way that would dishonor Tolkien or the Movieverse. Hope to see more.
Elwen chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
Oh. An injured Legolas. At least he should heal quickly . . . won't he? Hope he doesn't land on any hobbits.
Lady Jaina chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
I love this! Very, very, very, very, very good! I shall have to also read your other stories to tide me over until your next posting! I loved this.
Firnsarnien chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
*sob* Oh Budgielover...the Author's note had me in tears before I even started this story! ;) THANKS SO MUCH for I truly consider you writing this story just for me a great honor! There are few really great fanfic writers in our little LOTR world, and you are surely one of them! *sniff*
And yes, I think I've lost count too of all the medical ailments you've given me...hm, your list seems good so far...but I think you've forgotten anxiety attacks, facial ticks, jiggly foot disorder, spontaneous combustion, permanent lump in throat, dreadful rashes in frightful places...I could go on and on, but I fear I may run out of room! LOL Ok, on to the story! :)
Wow, such an incredible start...and of course, such a horrible cliffy! :P So many things to love in this chappy, I think I'll pick some highlights.
I loved the way you made Legolas seem so graceful, even while skinning a rabbit! Whew, that's *not* an easy thing to do! Blech and gross when I read how he slit the rabbit, then separated the fur from the flesh!
Ah, these pits and these men...hm...might they have a part to play in all this? Me thinks so!
Oh, you captured the hobbits careful and deliberate protection of Frodo so beautifully! Again! ;) I love how they all surround Frodo and do their part to ease his weariness.
I loved the way you described how Leggy talks with the trees! *sigh* So botiful! And that tree, dead at the end...full of mindless eating of parasites and worms that eat the dead...wow, that was just great. That line really struck a chord. Very powerful wording here. Evokes so many emotions at once!
Leggy's quiet thoughtfulness is so like that wonderful Elf. Part of what makes me love him so much! *sigh* I loved how he reminded himself to compliment Sam on his meal. He is so observant of every little nuance, every expression on the others faces, it's incredible! I love it!
This line..."Four sets of eyes judged the distance from the earth then up to their desire. Ground, mushrooms. Mushrooms, ground." Absolutely hilarious! I loved the way the hobbits had a hard time making up their mind what they wanted! That was so perfect!
But I have to admit, this one was the jewel on the crown: "His last thought, before he hit something solid and unbearable agony overwhelmed him, was that he hoped no one told the dwarf that he had fallen out of the tree." When I read this one, I laughed and cried at the same time! Poor Leggy, his pride is gonna take a beating from Gimli! Aragorn too, I fear, will tease his mercilessly for his fall from a tree! A Wood-Elf! Falling from a tree! Who would have thunk it! LOL Of course, his pride will be injured only after he wakes up and recovers from whatever injury he'll surely get from falling from this tree!
And that brings me to...*drumroll*...THE ANGST! :) *sigh* It begins! *rubs hands together gleefully* Oh, and this was such a wonderful, unusual and unique way for him to get an owie! I'm very impressed with your originality in this one! Of course though, all your other ones are pretty original too so it's really no surprise there! Anyway, before I really start making *no* sense at all, I love the idea you've got started here in this wonderful story already! I've not read anything like this, anywhere! :)
Whew, *that* was a mouthful huh? LOL Ok, I'm in love with the first chappy already! And here we go with the ailments, I must say this chappy caused a pretty bad case of facial distortion! Of course this ailment was brought on by the horrible indecision I felt at whether to laugh or cry at the end of this chappy. My face couldn't decide which expression to use, happy, sad, so it just went nuts and I ended up looking like Mr. Potato Head after he's been nibbled on by a warg! LOL Yup, that's one you've not heard before huh? LOL
Ok, now you've got me, hook, line and sinker! So I'll be here, anxiously awaiting the next chappy! I can't wait! :) Again, thanks so much for this wonderful story just for me! You can bet I'll be printing this one out, for sure! LOL :)
Starlit Hope chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
Cool!
ArtemisiaQuill chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
Ooh! Loved it! Very witty, that last bit was amusing as well! Please update soon!
223 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15