Reviews for The Forest Has Eyes
Nimfalas chapter 8 . 11/14/2004
Oh, I LOVE IT! Miraculous job! I don't know what else to say, I'm still bubbling over about the ending. Once agian, marvelous job! I loved it!

N
Aya-Shoru chapter 8 . 11/11/2004
Great story. I enjoyed the entire thing.
smalldiver chapter 8 . 11/7/2004
And it's over! Aww, how sweet. I love how you write friendships between the fellowship - some people focus solely on the hobbits or Aragorn and Legolas, but you have shown that all nine members were friends.
A-zla chapter 8 . 11/7/2004
Very nicely done! I'm so sad that this story is over...
lembas7 chapter 8 . 11/6/2004
aw!

fantastic. I absolutely adore your grasp of character, and a well-written Legolas-centric fic was just what I needed today. Thank you for it, and well done!
elevensies chapter 8 . 11/6/2004
That was a lovely ending! I can't wait for the next story.
lovethosehobbits chapter 8 . 11/6/2004
Darn! It's all over, I can't say enough about your writing. It's always a treat to read your stories, you write so well. I only hope one day to be this good. Wanna read mine and let me know what you think? I warn you, I love angst and h/c so they can be intense. I would be very honored. I really loved this fic, and the wonderful interaction between the fellowship. tree (lovethosehobbits)
Astron-Meares chapter 8 . 11/5/2004
Not half bad! Lots of people often ruin their stories when they come to the endings, or perhaps I just seem to think so because I don't want some of the stories to end, but this one wasn't that bad at all, wish there was a little more frodo, but hey, can't complain too much about that.

Did go by a little fast, but still I liked it. I was right then about what was coming! I knew I would be! lol.

I liked the last two lines shared between Aragorn and Legolas, they were really funny and yet close, even though they didn't seem to much to be, but what more could you expect, Legolas and Aragorn have been friends for a long time.

Hope you get another story like this up soon!
ArtemisiaQuill chapter 8 . 11/5/2004
Awe! Sweet! I really loved it! good job!
Aranna Undomiel chapter 8 . 11/5/2004
Sweet, cute, touching, exciting, uhm ... Yep really awesome.

An incredible story you made of it, and the end was great, though unfortunately it is the end.

I think I will have a look at your other stories, to see if they're just as great as this one.
Firnsarnien chapter 8 . 11/4/2004
Oh yeah, ooh yeah! That's my story! Ooh yeah! Great one! Uh huh! Ooh yeah! You betcha! Um, er, ahem, *glances around to see everyone watching her oddly* Yes, well, um, ahem, what can I say, you caught me...doing the happy dance! LOL

What else can I say Budgie, I'm beyond pleased! *sigh* Estatic, wistful, fulfilled, warm fuzzies in the heart, idiotic smile gracing my face? LOL That about sums it up!

How could I possibly be anything but pleased with my story? It was stupendous, tremendous, wonderful, incredible, magnificent, awesome, breath taking, heart rending, nail bitingly good! LOL

Ok, enough blabber, on to the review! LOL

I definitely have to comment on Merry's horror when he finds out Sam left the mushrooms with Pippin! That left me rolling in the dirt, er, carpet! Especially after all Legolas went through to get the dang things! And of course, leave it to the hobbits to think about food after such a horrid ordeal! LOL But of course, that is what makes them hobbits and keeps them true to Tolkien's intent! You did a great job with it too. :)

And I gotta tell ya, my worry was at an all time high while Leggy sat there hugging that tree and didn't move for the longest time. I kept wanting to kick everyone to make them go check him to see if he was ok. But no one would. They all just kept looking at him out of the corners of their eyes! I don't think I could have shown that much restraint! Especially with how badly he'd been wounded.

I really breathed a sigh of relief when he moved from the tree on his own and looked much better. A little disappointed that the Leggy angst was coming to an end, but definitely, a sigh of relief. :)

And HAH, HAH! OMG! I would've given my left foot to see the bark imprint smack dab in the middle of his forehead! Oh Lordy, imagine that, the graceful Elf with a red mark on his forehead. As much as I love Leggy, that sight must have truly been hilarious!

And yuck, this sentence... "The taste of blood soaking their roots was sweet to them." Pretty gross! Bleck! LOL

I loved the way Leggy had to bargain and plead for the trees to let them all pass safely, especially Frodo. No wonder he was so still for so long, he was in deep communion with them things! ;)

*sigh* Can't tell you how much I loved the fact that the trees could not help touching Legolas with their branches. That just showed the incredible, hm, what's the word, closeness, oneness, Leggy has with the woods. He truly is a wood Elf.

But when they got further away from the clearing, I started getting worried again. I'm actually glad they got out of there unscathed. Sam's undying faith in Leggy's ability to keep them safe from the trees was so touching. I think I'd be much like Sam were I able to see an Elf for real. I'd be in awe so much of the time, I don't think I could get a coherent word out at all! LOL Those Elves, wow, they can move mountains, don't ya know? ;)

OMG! What stinks? What stinks? Ew! Now that has to be the grossest of grosses! Well, we all know nothing has gotten to the man the branch fell on! *shudders* Geez Budgie, I think I could smell him from here! :( I loved the realism you captured in that scene, it's the scent that did it. :P

Oh my, Leggy is running? He truly is well isn't he? *sigh*

Hm, I wonder, were these just regular wolves? Or were they the wicked evil ones for whom the dark lord is their master? I would think the first perhaps, since the trees didn't seem to react with violence towards them. They even caressed the back of them. Am I right?

Well, on second thought, maybe not. Here's this branch smakcking one across the nose but yet, the tree is keeping the wolf from attacking Bill. Then again, I don't know. The wolves obeyed the trees. Seems like if they were "evil" wolves, the trees would have smooshed them to bits too. Well, anyway, that was a pretty intense moment. Leave it to Leggy to continue to save the day! ;) Yee haw!

Ok, another endearing image you created is the one where Aragorn sets Pip down but he continues to rattle on still holding Aragorn's hand. He's not much grown up yet at this point in the quest. I love Pippin's childlike innocence and the way everyone tries to protect that innocence so fiercely. We all know though, he loses it to some extent by the end of the books. *sigh*

LOL And leave it to Sam to apologize for his growling stomache!

Aw, that last scene...I thought for sure Gimli was going to tease Leggy a little for falling out of the tree. I'm glad he didn't. I don't know if Leggy's pride could have borne that too well at this point. Not after all they went through. I guess that is why he and Gimli were such good friends. They both knew when it was the right time for teasing and when it was the right time for simple quiet words of praise.

*sniff, sniff* Beautiful ending man! Just beautiful! *sob*

What can I say Budgielover? This has been one heck of a great ride. I'm sorry to see it end but I'll treasure it always! I'll sleep with the pages nestled under my pillow and keep the words close to my heart! I'll dream of Leggy and all his wondrous gracefulness and glory. And I truly thank you for continuing to give me something to dream about. For taking me away from RL every now and then! Keep writing, even if they are primarily hobbit stories for even those capture Leggy beautifully! You have a gift for words and I think Tolkien would be proud! :)

Thank you! :)
The Thief Kuronue chapter 8 . 11/4/2004
YAY! I had a load of reading to do but that was a great story! I love it! GREAT JOB!
Cosmic Castaway chapter 8 . 11/4/2004
:( I can't believ its the end not fair! I really liked this story and thats because you got to see the tree talking elf that sometimes comes up in stories but not to this degree and it was cool and refreshing. So you are doing another story, right? I do hope so, great job and be waiting for more!
Star-Stallion chapter 8 . 11/4/2004
Wow, what a climax! _ Nice job there, i really enjoyed this story. Hope you write more soon! _

* Star *
Rosie chapter 8 . 11/4/2004
Oh wow what a cilmax for an ending with rebeilling tress and hungery wolves - and of course a happy ever after (well sort of, as we all know what happens in the rest of the story).

Keep up the good work!