Reviews for The Forest Has Eyes
Gentle Hobbit chapter 8 . 11/4/2004
I think that this was my favourite chapter. It was fascinating to see the interaction with the forest - the wolves' obedience, Legolas' communing with the trees, and the feeling of the Old Forest.

But I had to laugh. Legolas may have been surprised that he wasn't teased by Gimli, but he didn't hesitate to turn around and tease Aragorn! Insufferable Elf!
astalder27 chapter 7 . 11/4/2004
ai!i hope those wolves..or wargs..or whaterver they are dont jurt legolas!aragorn better protect him while hes talking to those angry trees!lol

update soon!

bri
Barbara Kennedy chapter 8 . 11/3/2004
I love the way you finished the story.

A good read all the way through.
Lamiel chapter 8 . 11/3/2004
Ah, that was Elf-worship of the highest quality! I know it isn't your first preference, so extra thanks for making the effort in this story.

Legolas mind-melding with the trees. Hee! I admit that maybe the trees actually controlling the pack was a wee bit of a stretch, but oh, it was awfully fun.

And you're quite right: no breaks for our heroes in this fic. But lots and lots of adventure and excitement and adrenaline pumping action. Gosh, what a ride. Thanks again.
Deana chapter 8 . 11/3/2004
YAY you posted! That was a great last chapter for a great story! I totally loved it! WOO HOO! ;)
lindahoyland chapter 8 . 11/3/2004
This story was most enjoyable.I hope you will write more soon as your work is very good.
Star-Stallion chapter 7 . 11/2/2004
WOW! I can't believe I've noly just found this story! This is absolutely wonderful! You have a real way with words you know; you've had me hooked the whole way through! I love the way you write Legolas and you've characterised Frodo perfectly. _ Please update REALLY soon; this is DEFINATELY going on my faves list!

~*~ Star ~*~
Cosmic Castaway chapter 7 . 11/2/2004
I'm sorry I didn't review when you first put out the chapter, naughty bad girl I am! Anyways, I really am still enjoying this story and I'm now wondering WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE, so hurry up please, thank you!
tonianne chapter 7 . 10/26/2004
awesome! That is all I have to say.
Silent Game chapter 7 . 10/24/2004
Applause, applause! This story is doubly wonderful as there are so few (comparatively speaking) Frodo and Legolas stories out there, especially such well written ones. I hope that's Boromir, Merry, and Sam arriving...
Hedhurien chapter 7 . 10/24/2004
Budgielover ~

Interesting plotline, well-written, and yes, I can see your preference for Hobbits. :-)

This is well done - I like your inclusion of the "Grace of the Valar" and the Elves' connection with the trees. Overall, it is not one seen very often. You've captured the drawing power of the Ring well, inducing murderous desire and insanity.

Good capture of the trees' fury; rather like to a display of the Ents, if that is what you were aiming for. I do suppose that watching a tree kill your companion and mounts would make one snap, but then, that's just me. :-) Nice work showing how the Hobbits can be strong, as much of a protector as the protected. I like the note of the slingshot, too.

Lovely bit of humor with Gimli and the horses; I'm an avid equestrienne, so that bit had me laughing. The entire "Prince of Mirkwood" bit is excellent; royal privileges are not always so.

And as a side note, you DID know that Legolas has no known siblings, correct? If that was altered on purpose to add to the... ransom demand or some such thing, then that's fine and it did the job. If not, well, then now you know. :-)

Overall, good work, and I'd like to see more.

All the best,

Lady Elwen
naiade chapter 1 . 10/22/2004
Nice work, Budgielover! Frodo's strength is tangible and what we'd expect from Tolkien's depiction of him. You've also built up some great suspense here - looking forward to next episode!

Thanks for sharing.
Snow-Glory chapter 7 . 10/20/2004
OMG! what is coming? I am seriously sitting on the edge of my seat here! hurry up and update before the thing that is coming attacks them...

it's going to be the rest of the fellowship isn't it? the forest will be attacking them and they will run right into Gandalf and Aragorn...

and poor Legolas, he's really tiring himself out with the tree talking and hobbit saving!

and frodo... he will be okay won't he, I know he isn't hurt all that badly, but that had tp be pretty scary almost having that guy attack him and all..

okay I am rambling now... can't wait for the next update!
Elven-Eyed Mortal chapter 7 . 10/20/2004
Gosh, I don't know what to say. Keep it going?

As 4 my URL, I've only got stuff up on f-f so far, I fear; though I'm contemplating submitting to WotM or SoA.

Click the above link to view TinkerBell's archaive. {oo I've always wanted to say that!}

I'll have eighths on "Forest" if you please.

squeeing and such: Tink
scatteredbrains chapter 7 . 10/18/2004
uh oh! oh no, come on Legolas! hurry hurry! something BIG is coming! lol, yey! evil guy is dead! now they have to deal with evil monster! anyways, REALLY GREAT chapter! i loved it cause the guy died by legolas' hand, and there was plenty of angst! great job! plz update REALLY soon! D D D
223 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »