Reviews for The Forest Has Eyes
Firnsarnien chapter 7 . 10/17/2004
Ah! I can't believe I let a chappy get by me without a review! I'm slipping, yup, definitely slipping! :( This new grade level is a lot more work than I thought it'd be and I find myself drowning in papers to grade! Not enough time for my LOTR universe anymore! :*( Guess I'm gonna have to buckle down and bite the bullet, so to speak huh? ;)

Anyway, *huge gasp*, how cruel was this latest cliffy? :P Too cruel, I say! ;)

Valar! I thought Leggy was going to get rolled over for sure! You should have seen my eyes at that moment, then when he jumped clear and cut the rope binding his wrists, I was whooping out loud! Yay Leggy! Leave it to that clever Elf, even hurt, he can still kick some serious bootie! LOL That thought was quickly knocked out of my head about as rudely as poor Leggy was knocked in the back of his head!

Oh Lordy, and that poor horse died! *sniff*

I swear Budgielover, you had me up high one minute, then down low the next. I thought for sure that man was going to strangle Leggy unconscious and then he breaks free. Only to find himself in darkness again when he's kneed in his wounded side. Talk about a roller coaster ride in that scene!

Oh my, I loved that line about Merry hoping he'd still be able to father children after their ride. Having ridden a galloping horse, I can certainly sympathize with all the bouncing up and down you go through! LOL

Hm, I hope Pippin and Gimli going after the others turns out to be a good thing. Can't say I get to many negative vibes at the thought of them following, so perhaps it will turn out to be a good thing in the end?

LOL Have to say, the song that pops into my head as Aragorn and Gandalf charge in to whatever mess they will find Leggy and Frodo in, is that one, "Here they come to save the day." You know which one I mean? Anyway, that was my immediate thought when Aragorn dashed in on his horse. And I was desperately hoping they'd be in the nick of time to save Frodo and Legolas.

Again, you surprised me, although I shouldn't be. Frodo has shown much courage thus far. Here Frodo is the one to save Leggy. That little hobbit, bravely leading Harlan away from Legolas. *sniff, sniff* I'd gladly do the same were I in Frodo's shoes. Legolas, the always invincible one, now on the verge of death. What a horrible sight that must have been for Frodo to see Harlan getting the upper hand with the Elf. I can just see him jumping in without thinking, placing himself between the man and Legolas without even a second thought as to how much bigger Harlan is than him. All Frodo could probably think about is that this man is hurting his friend and he has to stop him. *lip quivers* That's deep man, really deep. So courageous. And admirable. See, Frodo is just as selfless as Legolas. *sniff*

Ah! And when Harlan spotted that ring and tried to take it from Frodo, I swear he sounds just like Gollum! Are you sure that little sneak isn't around somewhere close by?

Ugh! What a horrible way for the man to die, although he certainly deserved it for hurting Frodo and Leggy! Especially Leggy!

Me thinks after this, Frodo and Leggy are going to find a new element in their relationship. And me thinks Aragorn is going to have much need to baby and comfort Legolas. Although that stubborn Elf is probably going to fight everyone who tries to baby him ever step of the way. I can almost 'taste' his stubborness. *sigh*

*sigh* And Legolas talking with the trees...I love that...I just love that. Although, hm, did he pass out while doing it? He's awful quiet and still. That doesn't sound good! Neither does whatever is coming towards them. Whatever "big" thing is coming towards them. Could it be Boromir? Gimli? What is it, what is it?

Sorry I've taken so long to review. RL is a bear but I'm still here. I haven't gone anywhere and don't plan to either! :) Hurry up with an update! And as usual, I can't wait!
Baylor chapter 7 . 10/17/2004
Oh, surprise, surprise, another cliff-hanger from Budgie! At least our heroes are reunited and can face the new threat together. Another exciting chapter!
Astron-Meares chapter 7 . 10/17/2004
Another good chapter. I'm surprised Legolas isn't dead by now, I'm certain his wound is infected. Well, thats not important, at least they're both ok, for the moment.

I have an idea of what that large object coming toward them might be, but I very much doubt it.I will say this, its one of three things: danger, help, or pippin and Gimli.

Really narrowed it down there didn't i?

Anyway, another good chapter, I can hardly wait for the next one. Please keep up the good owrk and update soon! :)
Nimfalas chapter 7 . 10/17/2004
Wow! I love it. There are a few spots where the words aren't separated, but otherwise it was very well written. Keep writing!
Lamiel chapter 7 . 10/17/2004
My goodness, they never get a break, do they? But oh my, you do write action well. This chapter was a great deal of fun - and I am so, so glad that Legolas and Frodo worked together to defeat the bad guy, and were not rescued by Aragorn and Gandalf. Now I'm eagerly waiting to see if Legolas can talk down the trees before this bear or whatever it is charges in. I recall that Gandalf handled that wolf pack in your Caradhras story, so perhaps he'll take care of this too.

As for hobbit fanciers, my sister is one, and you'll note that I've been enjoying your fics for a while. Now I wonder, can a Hobbit lover enjoy some Elf stories? There are some nice ones on my favorites list, if you care to give them a shot.
Elwen chapter 7 . 10/17/2004
Somebody help that poor elf! And what on earth is approaching now? Our intrepid team are going to need the services of a very good laundry maid and seamstress by the time they've finished.

Seriously though . . . I am very much enjoying this, as always.
CelticPuzzleStrangerRanger chapter 7 . 10/17/2004
exellent! bravo, bravo! love it, but plz update soon :)

Claudette chapter 7 . 10/17/2004
Oh good, I am so glad they've managed to catch up with Legolas & Frodo at last. Great story. I suppose the thing the size of a bear could be Boromir?
Frodo Silverlune chapter 7 . 10/17/2004
wow! intriguing story! well written too. i am so glad frodo and legolas are out of the hands of the captors, but what will happen next? is it boromir and merry and sam coming through the forest or is it something else?
Aranna Undomiel chapter 7 . 10/17/2004
Wow what a cool story this is. To bad I didn't find it sooner, but now I read all the chapters at once.

You surely know how to keep one's attention to your story, my gosh, what a tension and excitement! My complements really great!

I hope the story isn't over anytime soon.

Please update swiflty.
smalldiver chapter 7 . 10/17/2004
Oh, look, what a surprise! A cliffhanger!

Wonderful chapter. I'm trying to figure out if Legolas really is talking with the trees or if he's just passed out... also, is that thing coming through the woods Boromir and the hobbits, or is it something more sinister?
A-zla chapter 7 . 10/17/2004
Oh, no, not another cliffie! At least Aragorn and Gandalf found them...

I just hope that Giml and Pip will find the others without problem!
my-fool-of-a-took chapter 7 . 10/17/2004
aw poor frodo and legolas. lol, (“He didn’t tell us not to follow, either,
girlofring chapter 7 . 10/17/2004
Another cliff hanger. We could not expect less from you, Budgielover! Glad that you have updated, I will email you again soon. Take care!
Barbara Kennedy chapter 7 . 10/16/2004
Uh Oh!

I do hope it is friendly, whatever it is, but odds are that it isn't. I hope Legolas is not required to fight. I don't think he is able at the moment.

Hey, maybe it is just Boromir, Merry and Sam catching up? (Hopeful look.)
223 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »