Reviews for Mirrors of NĂºmenor
Charlotte Dacre chapter 9 . 10/19/2010
I have always bemoaned the scarcity of good Denethor-centric stories on FFN. If the lord Steward appears at all, he is either portrayed as a raving lunatic or an abusive father torturing a wimpy Faramir:( Imagine my delight when I discovered your tale! I absolutely love it - the quality of your writing is astounding, as is the beautiful, in-depth characterization. Another feature which has me all thrilled is the plausible slashiness ... Seriously, Denethor/Thorongil is my new OTP. Please, continue!
jmeec316 chapter 9 . 6/13/2010
Such an well-written story. Such great characterization, vivid imagery, interesting premise. So much promise. I hope you decide to finish it someday...
Estel chapter 9 . 1/25/2010
Hey there! I know it has been long, but would you perhaps consider to write at least another chapter? It is such a great story, and I'm sure many would like to read more:)

Please, please, write another chapter!
Blueberry chapter 9 . 4/25/2009
Amazing story! Hope you will continue it some day!

It would be a real pity if you had abondoned this story!
Hirundo chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I found this story by accident, and liked it VERY much. The relationship between Aragorn (or should I say Thorongil) and Denethor is beautifully written.

And the story is almost disturbing, but in a GOOD way (if you know what I mean...)

Please continue! Can't wait what will happen.
SilverrAngell chapter 9 . 1/24/2008
Awesome story!

It's a good thing I just found it, cuz' or else I guess I would have had to wait.

Aragorn is amazing! :P

Keep writing! I'll be waiting.
thymer chapter 9 . 10/25/2007
I am impressed! I love Thorongil-era fics, and yours is definitely one of the best I've read. One thing that does jar me a little though, is when you seem to be in Denethor's limited third person, but still refer to Aragorn as Aragorn, and not Thorongil. I like your descriptions, and the interactions between the characters. I look forward to your update!
Exwhyzed chapter 9 . 2/1/2007
omgyay! *happy dance* At last it is updated! Yes, I know it's been several weeks, but I just found it! I must say I especially liked this chapter. You've written Denethor's inner revelations in such a beautiful and elegant way - it was a real pleasure to read. It's interesting to see how he is gradually warming to Thorongil, and how he interacts with Gandalf (sorry, not the most eloquent of people here). Anyway, very fine work indeed.

PS - Your Denethor website is lovely! Very spiffy, with many wonderful stories. And might I say thank you muchly for inlcuding my fics!
Amy chapter 9 . 1/7/2007
Denethor's looks and the pain in his chest are killing me here. He's boiling beneath the icy surface, just like Mt. Mindolluin in the previous chapter.

I have little except canon to suggest what Aragorn thinks of his relationship with Denethor.

Fascinating justification for the House of Hurin's father-son relationships.

I'm really intrigued by this story and love the building tension.
Medilia chapter 9 . 1/7/2007
i am going to have to re-read the strory caus i havnt in a while but great chapter
Medilia chapter 8 . 6/4/2006
i like this story plz continue
Gandalfs apprentice chapter 8 . 5/6/2006
Hello, Mouse

I really enjoued this story-an excellent portrait of both Denethor and Aragorn, and a very likely tale of their first acquaintance-that's not the right word, but I don't know what is! Will there be more?

Gandalfs apprentice
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
Well this is interesting - Denethor, confining himself with wounded, unconscious Faramir, actually sees Aragorn in the Black Ships and apparently realizes that this fleet has not come to deliver the coup de grace to embattled Minas Tirith, but instead to bring home the long-lost King.

And Denethor will still, knowing this, choose to kill himself and his son?

I really, really want to see how Denethor comes to that decision - write on!
grumpy123 chapter 8 . 3/21/2006
It must not have been easy living in Gordor, with the mountian in the distance, as a reminder of what is out there. I liked the conversation between Aragorn and Denethor.
Exwhyzed chapter 8 . 3/20/2006
You updated again! And so soon! *happy dance* I would have reviewed yesterday, but unfotunately was unable to.

Ah, Denethor - he doesn't know quite what to make of this situation! And that dialogue between them was just lovely, especially Denethor's little fever at the end ... I love the way you handle that tension.

And I'm looking forward to the Ecthelion-y conflict!