Reviews for When It's No Longer Cliche
timarach chapter 5 . 5/29/2004
Just wanted to say that I have always read your stories but mostly ive been a silent reader although most of your stories are on my favorites list. I just wrote to tell you that im pretty sure that "Lord what fools these mortals be!" is from "A midsummers nights dream" from the servant to the king, the one whose always laughing, at the end of the play. Ciao!
SetoGirl chapter 5 . 5/29/2004
It's a good story, realy, just pliz, if you are planning ane charcther death, tell me, because I do not wish to read it.

I will be happy for more fluff and affaction between Yugi and Yami.

Update soon. _
Silvershadowfire chapter 5 . 5/29/2004
An Update! Whoho!

This is still proving to be a very interesting story. The character dynamics are only proving more and more complicated - and the plot thickens.

Yami SSF: Must you even review in cliches?

Oh, hush you. Anyway. Please continue! I'm watching this tale avidly; it's on my favorites list, so I can check on it every day.

PS - "Oh what fools these mortals be!" Puck, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'.

Ja ne!
Sansi chapter 5 . 5/29/2004
I'd love to read how Yugi always uses the books in his conversations with Yami! What will Yami do to save Yugi from self-destruction? Because I think Yugi is on his best way there!

Great chapter
Zak a.k.a YGO EcoGoth chapter 5 . 5/29/2004
Once again an excellent chapter! Bravo! oh and...'Lord what fools these mortals be!' isn't from Macbeth (I think), at our school we did an exam about Macbeth, so we practilly have it coming out of are asses! but meh, I could be wrong!

CONTINUE!
Laryna6 chapter 5 . 5/29/2004
This is very good. I love how you've got Yami's devotion to Yugi right. I hate when people write fix where Yami ignores Yugi: that'd never happen in a million years. It's interesting how you've done Yugi: a lot of people view him as weak, commiting suicide at the drop of a hat, but he's actually really strong. I this is a good comprimise on how he might have turned out without his Grandpa's love, forced to be more independant and cynical. Still kind, but not as willing to trust unconditionally. Yami's feeling a little like Yugi must have after the Kaiba duel D.K.:can I hold (myself, here) back? Vathara brought up how Yami might be as psycho as Marik w/o Yugi's light, are we going to see that here?

You seem to be building up to it. It'll be really interesting to see how it turns out. More, please!

Your other stuff is really good too. If you want specifics, review my story. Please? (Puppy dog eyes) I want to see what someone who is really good at Y/Y thinks of it. Should I move ahead in time and keep it in Y&Y's viewpoints, or include some other character's povs first? Thanks! (And yes, I am trying to blackmail you into doing it, like those Thank You For Not Smoking Signs) Don't worry, I'll still love you if you're too busy. Bye!
Akewataru chapter 5 . 5/28/2004
Just by reading this chapter, I could tell you must be a clarinet player. If not, you probably know someone is. I didn't know that clarinet players muchless single reed players could actually cut their own reeds. I was only aware that double reed players could. Anyway, I don't know what in the summary attracted me to this story, but whatever it was, you're very, very, good. I especially liked how you included quotes from Shakespeare, Thoreau, Emily Dickenson, and so on. It's a little erie that you used quotes from books that I have been reading in school, this year. Could I actually have met you without knowing it?...Uh right...I'm probably creeping you out. I can't wait til' the next chapter.

~Akewataru~
citrus luver chapter 5 . 5/28/2004
Ep! Yuugi a little on the too dark side... but doesn't that mean as much as Yuugi has of darkness in his soul is also how much light Yami has in his soul. So Yuugi doesn't know yet about Yami's powers or about what a yami no game is yet huh? Wait was Yami a pharaoh and if he is does Yuugi know? Aww! That was really sweet of Sugoroku to buy that clarient for Yuugi. Hm wonder what Honda and Jounouchi's expressions will be when they find out that life changing experience that Yuugi just went through when he goes back to school. Me like! Keep writing and please post the next chapter soon!
inuyasha0001 chapter 5 . 5/28/2004
This is great!

I love the way you've made Yugi's character not a weakling and able to take care of himself, but still keeps his usuall innocence. ((and u got to love the yami/hirikai fluff! :D))

Its wonderful!

Continue soon!
YGO fan chapter 5 . 5/28/2004
Hey, about that quote "Lord what fools these mortals be!" it's actually from Midsummer's Night Dream. Puck is speaking to Oberon as they are watching Demetrius, Helena, Lysander, and Hermia fight each other when they are put under the love spell and everything goes kablooey until Oberon fixes it. Anyways, I love this fic and it's one the ebst fics I've ever written (it almost made me cry). Please continue writing!
Kitty Neko chapter 5 . 5/28/2004
update soon
Morgaine Lady of the Lake chapter 5 . 5/28/2004
Wow...you update so quickly! I love where this is going!

I love all the quotes you're using! I'm enjoying Yugi's character as well. He's innocent when he wants to be, but has a dark side that's not Yami. Is that confusing at all?

I will definitely look for Finnegan's Wake. It sounds very interesting. I bet it would be lots of fun even if you weren't drunk. _~
AD chapter 5 . 5/28/2004
Personally I think your story is beautiful! It is written wonderfully, and the quotes only make it more interesting. Glad you said where you found them though. They looked familar, I read Hamlet a few years back in 6th grade, forgot most of it though. Post soon.
Guest chapter 5 . 5/28/2004
"Lord, what fools these mortals be!" was from A Midsummer Night's Dream. Puck said it, I think.
Anime Gal4 chapter 5 . 5/28/2004
o. this is getting VERY interesting.

AnimeGal4