Reviews for Beth
Corky Castel chapter 34 . 9/14/2006
This is such a good story. It's not a story, it's an epic...and epic novel. I love it! Each chapter is well worth it's wait!
Zealous Iconoclast chapter 34 . 9/14/2006
Oh, again an exquisite, emotionally-charged chapter. So glad that Rob is making peace. He's a much more loveable character now!

I admit, I was at a loss as to how you were going to handle Al's withdrawal and recovery with Beth so far away. This is a beautiful way to do it. Perfect, absolutely perfect! My heart is bleeding. The last line almost made me cry!

Sam's horrified exhalation after Al goes to the shower... so evocative. You've captured the sense of instant loyalty very well, too. Bravo!

The careful crafting of this fabulous story never ceases to amaze me!
Madders Ahatter chapter 34 . 9/14/2006
As I have said elsewhere, I love the contrast between the frivilous enjoyment of Easter Sunday among the girls, and the grim trauma Al is facing back home. Thank heaven for Sam's support.

Poor Al, Poor Beth, Poor Sam.

Poor heart-strings!
Nicole Harpe chapter 34 . 9/13/2006
I am so glad that Sam and Beth were both there for Al when he needed them. Hopefully, Al is on the mend. Nicely written. A lot to think about for everyone involved - even the children. Nice touch with the photo, btw.
graciousplum chapter 34 . 9/13/2006
Yet another phenomenal chapter.

You've illustrated beautifully that, even though they've cleared the first major hurtle, there's still a rough road ahead for Al.

But Sam's there so it's all good.)

Superbly written! Brava! Can't wait for the next chapter.
Alyssa chapter 33 . 8/23/2006
OMG! I haven't been able to read this story since I moved back home! I've been outta touch and no time! But, I've finally caught up on it and I STILL love it! Makes me cry, makes me laugh, makes me upset...it's fantastic. Keep up the great work!
CapriceAnn Hedican-Kocur chapter 33 . 8/12/2006
okay. . .first I must say that you have me in tears! ! ! And I must apologize for staying away for so long. . .I had a rough Summer. . .I cannot wait for more of this! I love that Sam was there too! ! ! Maybe "future" Sam will show up somehow too! ! !
Madders Ahatter chapter 33 . 7/30/2006
WARNING - SPOILERS

LOVE the way you handle the infamous vending machine scene.

Interesting introduction to Sam from Al POV. We see him just as we know him - the "Boy Scout", and you stay very true to the original encounter insofar as we know it.

I like how you had Beth ask where he got the hammer - I always wondered that myself!

Just an example of your brillaint attention to detail, as always.

I'm so glad Beth and Bree are friends again.

Brava my friend.

Keep it coming.

Helen
Nicole Harpe chapter 33 . 7/29/2006
A ray of hope and a friendship is created! The children are very drawn. Each has such a distinctive personality that it is easy to differentiate between them even without you tossing in their names.
graciousplum chapter 33 . 7/29/2006
Oh! That was just beautiful! Al and Beth's talk made up for all the pain they've been through. What a lovely way to begin resolving all the agony this family's been exposed to lately. Great chapter! As usual, can't wait for the next one!
Zealous Iconoclast chapter 33 . 7/29/2006
Wow. If I didn't love Sam before, I certainly do now!

Oh, this was just... it healed my heart! Beautiful, beautiful! As always your characterization of the little ones is awe-inspiring! As for Al's confessions... well, let's just say you broke this old heart pretty good before you got around to healing it!

Perfect, perfect, perfect!

The last two paragraphs had me laughing out loud!
Adam chapter 32 . 7/9/2006
Amazing, as always. This is one finely written story. Your talent for squeezing every last drop of emotion out of a situataion seems endless. Looking forward, not only to more of this, but to going on to reading more of your work. Thanks again.
graciousplum chapter 32 . 7/8/2006
Ah, these poor characters! They're being utterly put through the ringer. All this heartbreak brings tears to my eyes.

Here's hoping Al meets Sam in a hurry and gets his life back on course! Beth is unquestionably Al's anchor as much as he is hers. They obviously love and need each other so much!

What do you say? Let's get this family reunited post haste? Keep the updates coming; I'm hanging on every word.)
Madders Ahatter chapter 32 . 7/7/2006
Oh Jennie,

If these emotions get any more raw you'll be serving sushi!

Another tear jerker of a chapter. Your skill never diminishes.

If I wore a hat I would tip it to you.

Brava
asearcher chapter 32 . 7/5/2006
Another great chapter! Patiently awaiting the next installment (but sooner would be better than later...)
149 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »