Reviews for A Shade Of Gray
stevenale chapter 1 . 4/26
I became your instant fan! XD
Desert Lynx chapter 3 . 1/12/2006
This is a good story, but so sad.
Grand Old Man chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
Top marks for this one which is a fresh take on one of my very favorite characters. Youve got a great writing style that really adds a lot to the story. Hope this one sees it through to completion!
SuccubusYuri chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
I have no clue what FFIV is about, but the story's definitely cool. Is the extreme suspense really necessary? Meh, w/e, really neat though, pal, the letters are an incredible touch.
seventhe chapter 3 . 3/24/2005
hooray, i remember this one. i'm so intrigued because this story is nothing like anything out there. nobody's done a story on this point of view... i'm excited.
Ice on Fire chapter 3 . 2/10/2005
Good to see the most underrated character in FFIV get her chance to shine. Even better to see it done so well.

I hope this is one that's going to be around for the long haul.
Snow Duchess chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
I like it. Good portrayal of Rosa. I'm looking forward to further chapters.
Laziness Incarnate chapter 3 . 1/26/2005
A very intriguing story! I especially liked the prologue and the correspondences at the beginning of each chapter. Looking forward to seeing more!
DTitania chapter 3 . 1/25/2005
Nice that you are still working on this. I have always liked Rosa and she never seemed the damsel in distress to me. It's good to see that she finally gets her own story (and one which hasn't solely to do with her love interests.) From what I've read until now, the story has a very interesting concept, although it breaks my heart that Cecil is dead...

I'm waiting for the next chapter. :)
Jenneh chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
Well, isn't my face red. That's what I get, I suppose, for reading fanfiction ridiculously late at night, with several windows open. The review below was intended for the FFIV story "Themes of Love", but I somehow managed to put it on my own story, rather than theirs.

My apologies. And go read their story. It's very good.
Jenneh chapter 4 . 11/12/2004
Oh my goodness. This is an absolutely beautiful story. I'm usually reluctant to read most fics with Kain as a major focus because they usually have the same tired, cliched plot, but you've done a wonderful job with this. I love the feel and pace of your writing. I don't know many that are successful with present tense, and it's perfect here.
Steve chapter 1 . 11/8/2004
This is very well written and the concept is entertaining.. Keep up the good work.
SpacemanSpiff chapter 4 . 6/22/2004
I am deeply intrigued by this work, as you really don't see many stories such as these. It's quite unique, not only in its selection of characters and storyline, but simply with the way you are writing it. As of now you haven't truly given much to go on with Rosa's character, but since you are planning on making this a lengthy fic I'm sure that will come around. But I think that's also what draws me to the story, just waiting to find out what she will do next and how she is going to react to things around her. The first two chappies were a very interesting introduction to the fic. Also I like the first person narrative pursuit in which your writing this story, which gives a bit more to her character, seeing as she truly is the main focus here. I'm guessing from the first chappie that she'll eventually attempt to bring Cecil back from the dead, although I also take from the second chappie that this boy she has found may become Baron's new prince. Perhaps I read too much into things, but I think your story warrants it. As for titles, I've never been entirely too clever for them, but for a fic like this, where everything is rather shrouded in a mysterious fashion, I'd say go with something simple and ambiguous. Like "Her Story" or something like that. I dunno, it's up to you, but I hope you find a title for it soon. Anyways, great work.

-Spiff
triffickie chapter 3 . 5/29/2004
This was highly interesting and well-written. An arresting though very dark & strange look at Rosa's life after the game. I must say it confuses me a little. Maybe all pieces will fall into place if you're planning on continuing this.
Erse chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
Ah! Delving deep into the undead world, eh? I like that idea very much. I hope it continues as such! And I would love to know more about Cecil's death and what Rosa supposedly did to bring him back.

If you are looking for a title for your story I don't know how much help I can be, but maybe you might use a word that describes the main theme of your story? Well, whatever your choice, I certainly hope that you continue this. The more Final Fantasy IV stories, the better!
(doc)