Reviews for Oh, Danny's Boy
foolondahill17 chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
I wanted to let you know that I added this story to my recently made community “Swamped: the best in MASH fan fiction”. If you have any objections, please PM me.
foolondahill17 chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
This is fantastic. Such a wonderful look at Hawkeye after the war - and I really enjoyed how you did it from Daniel's perspective.
Mentally Unstable User chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
The concluding sentence made me laugh.
Mistress Twist chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
Wonderful story! :D I love it. :D
doc chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
my god...so sad. Really disturbing. Goes in the horror section.
mim chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
thats a sad song. It was sung at my little brother "Danny"s funral
inactive0001 chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
I like how you refered to Tutle ;
laurydory chapter 1 . 10/1/2004
wow that was great. Very believable Hawkeye. Very beautifully written and I just love the last line. Its so touching.
neilfein chapter 1 . 5/27/2004
A very strong story, you've left the reader wanting more. I think Hawkeye wouldn't be gulping hamburgers like that, though, he'd be savoring his food. But this is a minor detail. The "Tuttle died in Korea" part really drives the point home, and is very powerful.
Lady Norbert chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
Wow. This is the first M*A*S*H fic I ever read, and...wow. It's wonderful. Poor Hawk.
Zixi Rae chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
This is really good.
I love the description of him talking all the time - there being too much privacy. I can definitely see him reacting that way.
I also love the way you included Tuttle - Hawkeye's face and matter-of-fact statement that Tuttle died.
And your final sentence sums everything up so well - "a boy whose imaginary friend died in an undeclared war."
Well written and so very Hawkeye!
neoinean chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
That was very good! Hawkeye getting sick on hamburger and unable to sleep on real mattresses... It was sad, but touching in a way. I liked it:)
evilgater chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
Simply outstanding. Keep writing.
XxSparkyxX chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
Aww! I love this! Your inclusion of "Danny Boy" was wonderful. Very clever. Great job! ;}
~Doo Dah(Sparki)
Hawkeye's Martini chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
This is v good, I've seen a lot of stories told from Hawkeye's father's point of view, about him, about the war and etc, and I like this one. Do continue writing.