Reviews for It's Deja Vu all over again
jacelooksbetterinblack chapter 5 . 9/1

Just started this story after devouring "Cards" and i just wanna say: Don't ever stop writing! Especially Prideshipping! I love the way you portray Yami and Seto, they act just as I picture them in my head. It seems all I needed was your plots to complete that image so thank you again :) I would love to read all your stories so pretty please don't leave them unfinished! I know you have been writing since 2003 and you must get tired of writing the same characters.

Again thanks for writing such amazing stories!
Phyrradoxa chapter 37 . 7/12
This story is so beautiful. It took some time to return to the action part of the plot, but your exploration of the characters has been too wonderful for that to bother me in the slightest. This is a story that I've been devouring slowly (by my standards), bit by bit. I want to savour every word rather than push through it in search of the goal. I expect in the next day or two I will have reached the end and will be left with a profound, indescribable feeling. The way you write characters is inspirational. You invest (well) so much time and effort into delving into their pasts, layering them and building them up in the most sublime ways. It makes me wish I tried my hand at writing fanfiction again since I gave it up half my life ago without having gotten more than my toes wet. The only thing I have learned through those years is how to filter ideas so that I am haunted by the ones I most wish to write but likely never will... As much as that may seem like a tangent, I voiced the feeling in the hopes you would appreciate how deeply your writing has reached. I really do love your character portrayal, the way that you maintain the integrity and authenticity of the characters, and the beautiful words through which you lay bare their hearts and souls. I look forward to reading more.
Hergan chapter 37 . 5/22
This chapter was so beautiful to read. I especially loved how poetic the ending was. Thank you for sharing!
Kamiko Kiyo chapter 8 . 3/13
Reading the story, then your notes at the end of this chapter, I've found your take with Kaiba's past not only very original and well thought out, but believable. What's hard is taking something that is light hearted in canon, or at least not as dark as it can be, and giving it that disturbing flare of possible reality underlying the show along with plausible fill ins to certain events and I feel you've done that beautifully here.

Yes, the very idea that Kaiba would ever do something like that to Mokuba at so young is very unsettling and unbelievable, but with the reality that Kaiba would say such to protect Mokuba, even at the harm to Kaiba's own psyche (something definitely believable and the case with his behavior in Death T), and to explain the likelihood that the brothers would only be able to see each other at night, I think your theory as well as your portrayal of it is flawless. Your theories on why Kaiba and Mokuba are often pinned as having an incestuous relationship in fanfics is also quite founded, I believe, though I've personally always cared more for their pure fierce protectiveness of one another that may border that, but without going overboard as you've done here.

Very nice chapter and look into Seto's thoughts.
Kamiko Kiyo chapter 4 . 3/13
Oh, god. I loved this chapter so much. Quality, style and characterization of everyone as Seto met Kaiba, then met Mokuba and all the wonderful brotherly obsession on Mokuba no matter what was spot on and so full of feels of "aw!" Can't wait to see what happens!
Rosabell chapter 30 . 7/2/2014
I never noticed this in the first read through, but both Seto's sound like complete lunatics. The fact that Kaiba chose Gozaburo was always the most ridiculous plot device I had ever heard of. What kind of moron would think that even a genius twelve year old could beat a forty year old rich psychopath and not screw up along the way? Those screw ups could involve Mokuba. When you are in another's turf, you can't control the playing field.

Kaiba was always strange because he really is one of the stupidest characters I have ever come across, but even though his supposed brilliance makes no sense and many of his achievements are Gary Stue in nature, there is still something about him that makes you believe he is as intelligent as he says he is, despite evidence to the contrary. You root for him when you really should be rolling your eyes, I mean if Westley Crusher pulled the same stunts Kaiba did, Star Trek would have ended right there. The sympathy I feel for Seto's past is kind of offset by the fact that he walked into his doom when anyone with a bit of judgment would have known not to, if only because of Murphy's Law. He really was just born crazy, and Gozaburo triggered its full presentation. Yet at the same time, his thoughts and feelings resonate with me. I guess it is because even if he does not acknowledge how totally dumb he was, he is aware that he is totally insane. It would be nice if in some media he might acknowledge that putting his life and Mokuba's life in the hands of a cartoon villain was probably not one of his best ideas, or anyone's best ideas. Or even something worthy of being called an "idea", but then at the same time that is not really Seto Kaiba. Lol the poor fool.
Invernam chapter 32 . 1/22/2014
You know I feel like your characterization of Kaiba is so well thought out and so...him that it's canon in my book but this story has had me wondering since day one about the difference between the Japanese subbed and the dub in terms of characterization and plot (as well as writing in general). It's almost as though all of the characters sound more involved and more complex than in their English counterparts. It makes me want to give the subbed anime another chance bcause I grew up with the dubbed and although I've been watching subbed and raw anime for years now I couldn't watch yugioh subbed because it felt so jarring. I do know that the dub edited some things out from the original but I had no idea it went so far as to cut up characters...(especially Anzu, from what it sounds like).
101Witch101 chapter 8 . 12/2/2013
I think it's clever of Seto to pretend to bed his younger brother. That explains why Gozaburo would keep Mokuba on the grounds. I'm excited to see how his plan plays out
101Witch101 chapter 7 . 12/2/2013

The last paragraph (especially the last line) were too much!
jet911 chapter 45 . 3/16/2013
Loved it
EvilMidget6 chapter 45 . 9/10/2012
Another fantastic story...I'm going to read all the stories you have written now since I have so much enjoyed both this and 'book of the dead'. You have so much talent - thanks for sharing it! I have an account :)
Becky chapter 45 . 9/5/2012
Bou-Minisuka-Kaiba chapter 45 . 8/21/2012
well not know where to start, you're the best writer of Yu-Gi-Oh! I read, I read several of your fics (I'm sorry I dont left comment before) I can truly say that your description of persanajes are really perfect, the most IC I've read , especially a character it so hard to handle as Kaiba Seto original of the Manga, congratulations! your fic really made me feel many things! now that I just finished him my typical existential crisis comes after reading a Very Good Fic ;A; xDD

Thank for the reading !
Serena Jones chapter 45 . 7/9/2012
I'll confess that the first chapter didn't grab me. But from my own work, I know that sometimes you need a chapter or two to set the hook. So I kept reading. And realized around chapter 20 that it was 2am and I needed to get some sleep. So it took me almost two days to read but it was a good read. Thank you. What did I like? Well I loved Seto Kaiba - all the ego, all the angst, all the ambition, squared! I liked Yugi and Yami both individually and as a pair. You made some nice parallels in the growth/changes between the Kaiba boys and the Mutou boys. I also like the end; i was satisfied, nothing felt missing or lost. Thank you for that too. The only two things i didn't like was the use of Joey (I don't think you needed him or most of the others) and the 'head hopping' POV changes (too many and too quick) but neither of these personal preferences deteacted significantly from the quality of the story. I'd heard of Nenya before and you lived up to the hype. Follow Author, Favorite Story. Deja Vu is worth reading again. SerenaJ genxorcist. Com
Bela Vosa chapter 18 . 4/15/2012
That was the most awesome, sexiest thing in the universe. It makes my chest hurt. I can't believe how amazing it was. I think it was special because you didn't describe it physically, but emotionally. Any descriptors would have just ruined the mood, so you saved them for later. or something not on purpose but still just as cool.