Reviews for Home to Heal
KaliedescopeCat chapter 18 . 1/24/2005
I loved the scene between Faramir and Cirion. He reminds me of my own father. It was very touching.
LadyBranwyn chapter 18 . 1/24/2005
I think Faramir is feeling like an old man with all these young pups trying to protect him, LOL! Cirion is, as always, adorable and funny. Liked how Faramir kills two birds with one stone by asking Cirion, who is feeling rather downcast and discouraged, to help Eldarion with his swordwork and other physical training. Hope he doesn't get Eldarion into TOO much trouble.

In response to a comment from an earlier reviewer, "ensorcelled" is a legitimate word of old and respectable lineage, derived from a Middle French root.

Not so long between chapters next time, please?

:-D
A.E. Hall chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
I came to review because of your summery and found myself actually enjoying this story although I have not read the two preceding it. The only thing I wanted to say is I'm pretty sure ensorcelled is not a word. But thanks for surprising me with the good writing!
nrink nrink chapter 17 . 1/21/2005
Wow! I really like your description of Faramir's sword, which has a very real feel to it.

Another chapter with a cracking pace. Looking forward to the next!

nrink
KaleidescopeCat chapter 17 . 1/6/2005
Through some random chance I found this story and started reading it... imagine my confusion when I couldn't figure out what was going on, went back to the beginning, and discovered there was not one but TWO stories preceding it! The first one is good, the second was much better, and the third completely blew me away, despite not being finished yet. I nearly cried at Eldarion's awakening and Faramir's experience with the palantir... you two have a wonderful gift for crafting beautiful prose and for putting emotion into a work, and I could see the improvement with each chapter. I will definitely be looking out for the rest of this story, as well as any sequels you may have in mind.
washow chapter 17 . 12/31/2004
I just wanted to let you know how much I was looking forward to reading your story and how disappointed I am that you haven't updated in a long time. Would you please consider finishing this story for those of us who were enjoying it?
Lady Wenham chapter 17 . 12/11/2004
I finally got caught up! Lovely story, ladies. Hope to see a new chapter soon! :)
Susan W chapter 17 . 11/18/2004
Bravo! What a lovely chapter. Faramir gets cleared of the misconception that he could still be under Saruman's power. And it is high time that Fara was honored and presented with a gift for his long service to Gondor as a soldier and as the Steward. And what a gift, nothing could be better than something made by your closest friends. Faramir was oozing with wonder at the beautiful sword and scabbard.

Eowyn, you naughty girl! he he he!

Dear little Ciri has Faramir's "gift" of visions. I do hope that once the immediate danger to Emyn Arnen is passed that Faramir will sit down with his son and talk to him about the dreams that at times can be quiet scary and confusing.

Update soon!
szhismine chapter 17 . 11/17/2004
this is so good!

please continue. :)
klaw chapter 17 . 11/16/2004
I was a few chapters behind so I have just spent the morning catching up. Your story keeps getting better I cant wait for more
LadyBranwyn chapter 17 . 11/13/2004
Another great chapter! Faramir referring to Aragorn and Imrahil as his "elders" is a hoot (well, Aragorn IS at least 40 years older than Faramir).

Loved Faramir's wide-eyed excitement at being given such a wonderful sword (that made me think of the scene in Rivendell, in the movie, where Boromir just has to pick up Narsil and play with it, LOL). Mean old Denethor giving young Faramir such a commonplace sword-and only because the person it was made for had died!

I liked Eowyn showing off her ability to read Sindarin (probably not that common among her people). But keep her away from his sword, already-no wonder Faramir was blushing...

Looking forward to your next chapter-

Branwyn
athelas63 chapter 17 . 11/13/2004
Hurray! Faramir is cleared and honored before all, as it should be. I love all the description of the clothes and armor - I'm impressed by all the hard work that goes into that. Poor Ciri! Little boy is too small to have those awful dreams! And now all hell is breaking loose. EK! Off to war. And poor Eowyn stuck at home when she'd much rather be killing Easterlings and orcs. Anticipating...
lindahoyland chapter 17 . 11/12/2004
This was a most exciting and eagerly awaited chapter. It was lovely to see Aragorn honour Faramir in the Council.

I loved your humour earlier in the chapter too.

Now I am wondering what the attack in Ilithien will lead to !Looking forward to more.

Many thanks for your kind review of my story,which was greatly appreciated.
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 17 . 11/12/2004
Glad to see Faramir finally has been restored to his rightful place in the leadership of Gondor! And I absolutely loved the bit about the sword that Aragorn gave him- the parallel/contrast between Aragorn and Denethor in that aspect was brilliant. It sounds like a really cool sword too. I'd love to have that blade hanging on my wall... And Eowyn was perfect in this chapter, with her indignation at not being able to go and fight and her excitement over the sword.
Christie chapter 17 . 11/12/2004