Reviews for Julian
Firefly4000 chapter 2 . 3/25/2007
Por ethan! Lovin' this chapter more please more!
Firefly4000 chapter 1 . 3/25/2007
Wonderful first chapter, please continue *adds this story to favorites* I think Ethan's an amusing character. Yeah he can seem badass at times but when I take a look at the scenes between him and Giles I have to wonder if the reason he bugs Giles so much is because he misses his friend and wants attention or just because he's got designs on revenge.

Anyways if anything I hope this story will be finished
gidgetgirl chapter 2 . 6/14/2004
I've been offline for a while and am just now catching up on things... anyway, I'm not sure entirely how I feel about this chapter. It was well written, as always, and I don't know that Ethan's character was off, but something just didn't quite click for me. I think a large part of it is the fact that Ethan has a sort of ne'er do well charm to him, a delightfully bad boy edge that's not quite there... in fact, the thing I had the biggest problem with was the mention of his mother being a drunkard and his father abusive (scarred, not scared by the way). To me, that doesn't really fit with Ethan's character at all. He never seemed to have a lot of anger and certainly never had self image issues. He was more of the type of person who tests boundaries because he can, who delights in power for its own sake, perhaps because of the emptiness it fills, perhaps because he was never quite in control of his own life, but you don't see the sort of intense anger or emotional scarring you see in characters who I could more easily see having been abused (Faith, Tara, etc). I think in a fic like this, you will really have to deal with what it is about chaos that is so intoxicating to Ethan... he doesn't just deal in power and chaos to be bad, he deals in it because he LIKES it and wants the power, and whatever the allure of chaos is, wherever it is based, that, to me, is at the very center of Ethan's character.

Having said that, I'm not sure how this chapter would have been different exactly if you had tapped into that. That's the reason that I don't really have a problem with this chapter, and quite enjoyed it, but I have a feeling that if I don't see the chaos-driven side of Ethan soon, the fic could fall flat. Just something to watch out for.

The other thing to watch out for is that you tend a bit towards heavy description, and things seem to be happening a bit too slowly. For example, you've written two chapters, and not much has happened. You probably could have started with chapter three and written one and two in in a few sentences. Also, the pacing is dragging in this chapter because you're stuck on one storyline here and that is the only one that develops (and could have been summed up in "Ethan has to take care of his child")... that's not much for a chapter to go on. Maybe think about weaving together multiple lines in a chapter. That way, when you want to take your time with the motives and emotions behind something like this, you can, without leaving the reader without any action.

Anyway, I know it hasn't been updated for a while, but I do hope you continue. Tis good.
Ms Trick chapter 2 . 5/29/2004
interesting. update soon!

trick
Dawn-Roberts chapter 2 . 5/29/2004
Willow wasnt the mum.. piffle. But still, it was good. Not as much action as with Julian but my guess is that its going to get better and better :)
xanya-forever chapter 2 . 5/28/2004
I'm being a nice poppet! Oh yeah, and it's only eight thirty in the morning... I'm up early to STUDY. Thank you very much for your confidence in saying I would ace my exams. It's doubtful, but my twinness' support means everything.

Delightful chapter. And you should not be worried at all about Ethan's characterizatin cos it's SPOT ON. I mean, I could imagine those reactions from him, and the drunkeness - a definite thing that would be going on with him. I missed Julian, but I know she'll be back so everything's a-okay. You need to write the next chapter soon, cos I can't wait! I really want to see how Julian and Ethan interact with each other. Well anyway, I must go - it's a maths day today. Ugh. WONDERFUL CHAPTER, WRITE MORE!
Dawn-Roberts chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
. Post more...post often... POST NOW!
Ok, I was kidding on the last part, unless you want to, in which case I won't stop you. And there isnt any chance that the mother was Willow? I mean, it would be mean for her to leave , but it would also make a neato twist... hrm.
Keep going cuz I want more!
Sal chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
The writing is good so far, not sure where you're going with this but it's promising. I don't know how much readership you will get for an Ethan story, seeing that he is not a popular character, but I've read a lot worse. Believe me.
xanya-forever chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
YEAH, GO JULIAN! SHE'S THE BEST! Hee, Julian is no longer and anonymous female, hey? Well, I'd say that was good news. You so shouldn't be nervous about posting, cos you know this fic rocks. Well I think so anyway, and I'm thinking the other reviewers do too.
I was really excited when I saw that you'd posted it, and yeah, now I'm really excited about reviewing it! Even though I've read a few times, it gets better every time! Poor little Julian - evil Pa! Even though the name Pa cracks me up, I still think he's the evil-est of them all. It was all described so wonderfully, how many times do I have to tell you you're a great writer? Really, too many! No, I'd never get tired of complimenting my twinness. And I'm the lace on your shoe! Well, you're the cork in my bottle. And so much more. Well I'm about two days behind in homework, so I really should go, but you need to post more immediately, okay?
lots of love and praise from your one and only ball of twin, Meals.
gidgetgirl chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
Haunting, really. So Ethan's child has been abused by her mother's bf, and the mother is dead? Interesting set up. I can see Ethan flaying the flesh from his bones. So what kind of powers does Jules have? The name threw me for a bit, since Julian is typically a guy's name (Julianne being the female spelling), but I can see the little girl in my mind. It was beautifully written, and definitely a different take from what I've seen so far. I hope you update soon.
Ms Trick chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
wicked interesting beginning. i'd like to see where this story goes. keep writing. :)
trick