Reviews for White City
badmelk chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
whoa... rough story. but superbly written. well done.
Caryn chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
I found you through your Sherlock fic, but your Voyager stories are also really engaging. You understand and write of deep friendship very well.
Tharin chapter 1 . 11/11/2004
I knew I shouldn't have read it. It's wonderful written, but it made my eyes water. I'm optimistic, so I don't like absolut pessimistic stories very much.

But the moment Tom and Harry were given the knives, I was reminded of "Spartacus". I fully expected them to fight with all their strength, because each one want to spare the other the pain of torture.

I didn't expected them to "outsmart" the system and to end it this way.

It's ironic that Janeway is the one to survive, because she would have given her life, if she could save the others.

A good story, but in a very sad way. I'm glad it never happend in the show.
JadziaKathryn chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
I haven't seen the movie, so the postscript was helpful. I can see Tom figuring it out, and also can see him having seen "Spartacus." This is tragic, but well written and beautifully characterized. The tragedy is compounded by the fact that it was Janeway who survived, and she would have wanted to be the first to die to protect the others.
DianeB chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
Yow, a great story, and if you're someone (such as myself) who hasn't seen Spartacus, the postscript aids quite a bit of understanding to the story as a whole. Okay, I realize in this post 9/11 world, any story containing the word "terrorist" conjures up visions of Really Bad Things that we once might never have imagined, but we must all remember we *were* writing stories pre-9/11, when the word didn't carry such awful weight. Well done, here, mighty well done.