Reviews for At Odds
Vegeta's Whore chapter 14 . 6/15
I feel like since u added goku chichi and gohan that you lowkey just made this fanfiction suck for me And that pissed me off because I loved this fanfic but I will continue reading till the end I will suffer cringe
Courtney-chan1 chapter 21 . 5/24
I get nervous reading stories not marked complete, because I can't stand not knowing the ending. But Against All Odds entranced me, and I wanted to know where those characters went from there. So I took a risk on this story. Boy am I glad I did. Both of the stories in this saga were wonderful, and I'm glad to have read them.
Kitty in the Box chapter 21 . 5/3
my fingers shook for a while before I could push it to type this review. damn tearduct dam is broken again, hello flood of tears. to say this fic of yours is beautiful is an understatement. that chapter you wrote where Bulma teaches her son Flower, Love and their names reduced me to a heap of tears and snot. perhaps it has touched me on a very deep maternal level but then again Trunks for some insane cosmic reason always pulled my maternal heartstrings long before I could even fathom the possibility that I would be a mother in the future. I did not expect Cold at all but you wrote him in such a way that he was far more monster than Freeza could ever be. I'm sad that Nappa didn't make it but at least he fought for a noble purpose. I felt the struggle of Radditz and Delia. you know I always felt a bit cheated at how quickly they cut his role in the series but in your fic, you created a chance of redemption for him. I'm so glad you did. I love that this fic was Vegeta finding the path to finally embrace himself for his sake and recognize his worth and what it took to get there. Vegeta and Bulma are two of my favorite characters in the series and I see them as a whole, not separate entities. you've written this with such eloquence and strength and unapologetic for the chaos and magnitude the characters had to exist in. you are truly amazing.
I must say this is a very satisfying story to read. Additionally sequel is better than first part. It's a pity Nappa didn't make it.
Jonnie Joke chapter 21 . 7/14/2016
THIS IS AMAZING! Such a happy ending glad to see Vegeta and Bulma got Trunks back! The last part when Vegeta took Trunks from Bulma's arm and refused to let him down is just too cute! Would like to see more about their life as a royal family together with a wild Trunks too, please :P ?
Kinglongoria chapter 20 . 12/26/2015
I would say I am disappointed with the ending. But it was OK. The story as a whole needed to come to a close. And I must say I enjoyed all the twists and turns along the way. Even if the end was a little cheesy. Well maybe not cheesy but rushed. I am not sure Vegeta ever questioned his self worth like this. But then again he was pretty broken after the Cell Games maybe something similar happened behind the scenes.
Kinglongoria chapter 17 . 12/26/2015
This chapter much like the Reunion with Trunks was well done. It takes lots of time and effort to get over something like the things that happened between them. If ever, really considering all that has happened. Still too many fics I've read paint their Reunions so easily as some fantasy where the trust is instantly restored and they love each other forever.
Kinglongoria chapter 15 . 12/26/2015
I do like this chapter. It was so realistic. Bulma had a fantasy in her mind about being reunited with Trunks. And that fantasy was not true. I like it so many stories depict reunions in a fantasy way. But real ones are not. Especially after all they have done or been through. At best they are awkward timid affairs. At worst they are exactly what you described. Plus the full weight of Bulma's actions have just hit her. All she sacrificed to get to Trunks and it was for nothing. And unfortunately she'd do it again.
Kinglongoria chapter 13 . 12/26/2015
It was quite the pleasure to see a twisted form of Kakarot. His character would be so much better if he wasn't like a boy scout all the time. I do love the stories where he is much darker. That makes him so much more rounded and interesting.
Kinglongoria chapter 8 . 12/26/2015
Too bad he did not get to take the Princess with him. That would have been an interesting twist to take her as a concubine. Still I am satisfied with this turn of the story. I'm guessing Bulma really never thought her plan through. Surely she could have sent some trusted well informed agents to get Trunks. And now she has unleashed a terror on the Universe instead. Though to be fair she had no idea she was the only thing holding his sanity in.
Kinglongoria chapter 6 . 12/26/2015
While I think the notion of fairies in space is silly. It oddly works in this sense. Surely there are races in space that could match up with something from our own myths. Though I love the introduction of the blue haired princess. Someone who has a calming effect on his soul. And worthy rival for Bulma. Or at least someone who can easily become just as important to him. I'm liking this turn of events.
Kinglongoria chapter 1 . 12/26/2015
I actually like your depiction of what happened after the death of Frieza. It's very realistic. Ok Trunks being taken was only for increased drama. He could have just as easily lived in peace. But I'm letting that go for story plot. I meant the violent outburst that happened after the power structure was broken. That is probably more accurate than many people depicting some Universal Republic taking shape or other. I doubt it just became peaceful when any of the Cold Family was killed. More likely the Universe broke out into a bloody free for all.
Nanenna chapter 21 . 11/13/2015
Awwww... I know I'm overusing this but it was such a sweet ending! I'm so glad everything got tied up in such a neat little bow.
Nanenna chapter 20 . 11/13/2015
Awww... what a sweet way to end the chapter! I suppose the next one is an epilogue, I hope it deals with Cooler then because Vegeta needs one more head to mount behind his throne.
Nanenna chapter 19 . 11/13/2015
But he didn't pull Bulma out of the water! Augh! Save your woman, damnit!