Reviews for Walk On By
LanaaLuthor chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
is that finished?
Aqk chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Sadness and sugar mixed and baked there you have : Xander...Pretty good story:D
Eunoia chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
So lovely and sad and perfectly Xander.
bbgirl17555 chapter 1 . 9/27/2004
Outstanding. Simply Outstanding, from the way you painted the scenes, so perfect and consuming that pulls you straight in, to the the quiet character insights it is really just an amazing piece of writing.
SlaYeRGiRLkaL chapter 1 . 9/27/2004
That was great so sweet
Tracey23 chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
AW this is so sweet loved it!
Alixtii chapter 1 . 7/6/2004
Draws wonderfully on the themes and moral order of the Buffyverse. This is the wzy that things work there, after all, whether we like it or not. IUt may not be what we want, but iot's what we need. This story has . . . integrity.
MBB chapter 1 . 7/6/2004
Probebly good story, but I don't like sad-ending stories very much.

You do pinn down Xanders reasonable fear down very well, and it's exactly him to break his own glasses believing it is for the best. Especially if it is Buffy's best

To those 'reviewers' that bash B/X:

1: Xander always loved Buffy and has *never* indicated it was as a sister. And Buffy may have seen Cander as a very good friend, but never as brother. in contrary, in every season there have been some B/X vibes.

in contrary to Angel and Cordelia; who BOTH seperately have declared to see each others as brother/sister family, yet the *WRITERS* forced a sexbased 'relationship' out of it.

Compared to that, BX is a lot more convincing, and this fic in particular keeps it more then believeble.

2: it's a FIC, and it's announced; so if you do not want B/X, do not read it. I'm not reading those Spuffy 'hug-your-rapist' crap. And believe me, those are a lot harder to avoid.
Kalystia chapter 1 . 5/29/2004
this is a fabulous story! I love how you put all of it into words, I read through it twice in a row! :)
KatBlue chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
I like this. It's beautiful. Are ya going to put another chapter? I'm a XanderBuffy chick and was looking for some to read and came upon yours. Must continue. Do check my stories.
clarkkent179 chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
Very, very well done. I think you nailed the characterizations, really getting inside Xander's head just right. These may actually be some of the thoughts he could be having, but I agree with what someone mentioned before - a follow up with Buffy's POV would be nice. I think Xander's attitude of unworthiness is all in his head. I like to believe Buffy could finally realize what she's had in Xander being beside her for so many years. She needs to convince him that she sees him as someone that SHE needs to be worthy of, not the other way around. I love both of these characters, and can't stand when either one of them is bashed in fics based upon how the show ended. This story is respectful to both, and beautifully written, to boot. Great job.
Jeff
Koos chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
Wonderful fic.
Only Xander has left the normal, bumbling teenage boy stage by now, especially after everything that has happened in S7. And on a sexual level, Xander has sex with a very experienced, sex obsessed girl for four years. When it comes to experience/expertice in making love, Xander is way ahead of Buffy.
I know that that's not what you wanna write, and I do share the feeling: Buffy seeing him as a boy and him feeling the insecurity of having Buffy after so much 'waiting'. So, wonderful fic.
thenyxie chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
Egocentric Author Note: I had no idea this pairing could cause such reactions of disgust and flames. To all of you who may be offended, I have only this to say- :P
That's "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" to all of you who don't speak smiley-ese ;)
stoptheqtip chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
Very well-written, characters were on the dot and sad ending, the kind of stories I like. This story is going on my faves.
Amie chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
Totally unrealistic. Buffy would never get involved with Xander. EVER. She views him as a brother, not a potential lover. It continues to amaze me how writers can twist the characters around into bizarre pairings (Buffy/Giles, Spike/Xander, Buffy/Willow) that have NO basis. It's crappy writing and a complete waste of time.