Reviews for The Cell
Wolfgal63 chapter 6 . 4/15
I swear that I have been thinking for like a month on what to put in this review. The Cell was pretty much one of those stories where you read it and know that it resonates with not only great storytelling but reaches even beyond that to touch upon core truths of human nature. The way you dealt with not only Obi Wan and Padme's reaction to isolation but close to complete sensory deprivation was incredible. Both of the characters react in ways that were believable with their unique individual personalities which only made the situation even more heart wrenching as time wore on. Honestly, this is one of my favorite short stories of all time as its psychological examination is nearly as mortifying as the short story The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Gilman (sorry creepy women crawling out of the wall paper just hedged you out). So Kudos and hope you keep up the excellent work.
hillstar chapter 6 . 8/23/2014
This is one of the most beautiful fanfiction stories I have ever read. It started out seeming like it could be a typical (although well-written) angsty story...and then it develops into something that's a meditation on the way people adapt, survive, react, fight back against, and mold themselves by the limitations given by life. I like how you managed to make a dark room with two characters in it both tangibly believable and also somehow incredibly symbolic. It kind of reminds me of the play "No Exit," except with a less misanthropic and more hopeful view of humanity. Your characterization of Padme and Obi-Wan is done incredibly well. I love how you portray them clinging to different aspects of their past, wondering if what they do truly matters, fighting each other, being close to each other, and wondering about many things. I also love how after a certain point it becomes a question how they would adapt again to a world outside the walls, and when the door opens you don't know if its death or an actual door opening...
Nanuk chapter 6 . 10/24/2013
Beautiful story, but, oh, how could you stop there? :)) Now, when the "adventure" truly begins, when their world shifts again ... what is the world like, how will they respond? Aww, so many questions there, hehehe.

Gorgeous, wonderful writing, and absolutely plausible and tru to their characters! Thanks so much!
A fan of Many Stuffs chapter 6 . 7/9/2013
Will there be a sequel? This is another one of my favorite fics.
-A fan
Book girl fan chapter 6 . 4/16/2013
They actually made it out? What will they be coming out to see?
Guest chapter 6 . 6/29/2012
Dude, this is hardcore. The open-ended-ness of it is entirely suitable and yet still makes me make angry porcine noises of rage. adfgah'eogiha'oerhg;skfjha;k grr. But, um, you know. Great story!
Padfootkicksbutt chapter 6 . 11/8/2011
very interesting and well written. also very interesting place to end it ;)
meredithgrey23 chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
I really liked this! It wasn't what I would have expected, but I liked the surprise. You went pretty deep here and not many people can pull that off, but you managed too. Grey job throughout:)
kyjori chapter 6 . 8/4/2011
... FUCKING BRILLIANT!

I love this story... HOLY CRAP!

GEnIUS

Late review, but I am newer to fanfiction. Only discovered this world existed this year. I always believe that great pieces of work like this deserves some kudos, even though it might be 7 years later.

Thanks for this wonderful piece of writing. It was most enjoyable.
SpaceHead3 chapter 6 . 5/31/2011
This story is so good! Please write a sequel, I just HAVE to know what happens!
DragonDawn84 chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
Loved this Story! Is there a sequel?
donahermurphy chapter 6 . 6/7/2010
Very good.

Something of a cliffhanger ending, which I have some mixed feelings about. Objectively speaking, it works for this story by making the ending stronger and bringing the focus to the nature of Obi-Wan and Padme's relationship in the cell. On the other hand, loose ends are what I went into fanfiction to escape. Still, I think that's probably more my problem than any fault of the story.

Mind telling me who was on the other end of the door? (I'm thinking Vader, but I am hopelessly optimistic concerning the Vader!redemmed plotline.)
Enchanter chapter 6 . 5/12/2010
Wow, this is such a great story! I love it!
IVIaedhros chapter 6 . 10/27/2009
Normally these romance thru confined space flame out miserably, but this was extremely well done. Thanks for the read.
pronker chapter 6 . 6/19/2009
Hi, rereading this and enjoying the sheer intellectuality of it all once more. No matter what they stepped out to, they have tremedous resources to deal with life.