Reviews for What Love Is
Dreamoceans chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
OH MY GOD.
Your fanfiction is incredible, so true, and moving. I just finished watching the film and I was so sad,and mad, that Tom has killed the two men he ever a horrible then comes your fanfiction, and it is PERFECTION!
Thank you so much! :)
Anon chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
NO WHY DID YOU MAKE HIM KILL HIMSELF SERIOUSLY WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

THE FEELSSS D:

But seriously though, excellent fic.
Dreaming-Of-A-Nightmare chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
this is my favorite out of all the Tom/Peter fics! i was weeping. this is lovely in every possible way. ;;
jess.sree chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
I cried, I did.
Lord Vivian Darling chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Wish I could've taken this seriously, but I can't picture ANYONE,even in fantasy, saying 'I don't mind you're a serial-killer who was about to murder me only seconds ago, because I WUV you.'
Flute-Angel21 chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
oh my gosh, that was...just...wow.

I'm in tears. It was amazing. I'm so happy Peter lived in your story, poor guy. (love Jack Davenport, too) I'm basically speechless at this point.

Just one word: beautiful
Bobertha chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
I wish it ended happily, I really do...
Pendragon007 chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
This made me cry...I'm glad you changed it around so that Peter lives (I love Jack Davenport, and it was really tough for me to even just HEAR his character dying). Amazing writing! keep it up!

regaurds,

Pendragon
Nightengale chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
That was the ending I wish we had had! Save poor Peter. This was very nice, not overly done and simple. Quite an enjoyable read.
Chervil chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Wow. This is gloriously poignant. I can't imagine how'd I react of the ending was actually like this. Burst into tears, probably, like I did when reading this story.

"How do you tell him that you're dying in his place? How do you tell him that you're doing this because you love him?"

Guh. Speechless.
Hyrado chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
Oh that made me cry so much...i really think that ending could have worked, even if i still feel that the actual ending put a really quite effective stamp on the fact that tom really isn't emotionally human enough to kill himself out of remorse...rather than to kill the man who loves him...

That said, this was such an incredibly beautiful piece of writing, plus, I have always loved Peter (and Jack Davenport is extremely HOT, but i'll save that...).

This just entirely sums up how i thought tom SHOULD have been thinking and acting. Aah, i love you, this was fabulous.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
E chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
I almost cried when I read this. I really, really liked it, even though it was oh-so-sad.

When Tom started developing as a character in the movie, it was obvious that all he wanted was to be loved and love in return, but he didn't know how to. You captured that perfectly.
vashsunglasses chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
This is so sad...
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
This is wonderful. I can really imagine this as the end of the movie. It's that perfect.

Seriously. You're brilliant.
L'AmatricedeTrappes chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
This is very haunting and beautifully suits the film. You write Tom perfectly and gave this fic a surreal feeling with his POV. Part of me really wishes that the movie would have ended like this; it gives Tom almost a depth to himself that I didn't see in the movie.

While this doesn't seem to be a popular opinion, I think that the movie ending had a definate purpose. If Tom could have killed himself, it would mean that he was human enough to die. But Tom is a leech; he's never had enough independence or depth to be a person- he can only imitate others and suck away /their/ lives. So Tom kills the man who loves him, and the argument could be made that by this point, Tom is incapable of love.

Regardless, I think that the ending you wrote is still very valid, particularly if you argue that Peter changes something in Tom (possibly proved when we notice that Tom doesn't seem to imitate Peter or try to /be/ him, like he's done with everyone else).

Anyway, I really like this piece, especially when Tom returns Peter's compliments. And the very end is chilling. Your writing really makes this both disturbing and beautiful.