Reviews for Currents
Arandil chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
Yet again, beautifully done. I love the way you likened Frodo's quest to the currents in the Anduin. I also loved the attributes you give to each member of the fellowship. You managed to sum up their essence in one word (Aragorn's guidance, etc.). And I will not ask you about updating your other stories. I will not. I will not!
-Arandil
Ok, I won't ask you, but I'll beg that it is soon!
Cloud-123 chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
cool little story thing. _ when are you planning on updating your other stories?
Frodo3791 chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
First off, I love that you're so true to the books. Few authors do that anymore, it seems. I'm glad to go straight from the source. Loved the usage of quotes as well.
I found it interesting how you described the haste needed for the quest and that the one that understood the need most did nothing to help. Frodo is really becoming sheltered, not quite to despair like he does in Return of the Ring, but the darkness is slowly coming upon him. He wants his friends still, and he knows that's being selfish. I also enjoyed the brief thoughts on all the characters in the fellowship. These guys are here only because of him and his quest, and he feels guilty for that. I don't believe any of the fellowship particularly want to be there, but they want to see the quest done just like Frodo. They want to help save Middle Earth and each of their races. They also want to help their friend, especially the hobbits. The loyalty in them is so great.
Alright, loved the piece, as always. Can't wait for another update, Thundera Tiger!
-Frodo
Andreea Chandler chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
wow wow wow! that was incredible! the musings and emotional drifting (for lack of a better word) are captured incredibly. keep on writin'!
Mirfaen chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
Hey, great work here! You are very good at getting inside the members' heads, I've noticed, and this is no exception! You seem to have hit on Frodo's feelings and concerns at that point very well. I commend you!
Great job, I'm looking forward to the next chapters of your longer stories!
Mirfaen