Reviews for The Chino
Jimelda chapter 7 . 5/28/2011
Holy frig, what a FANTASTIC story! It was filled with such raw emotion - and so much angst! - that I was shaking the entire time I read it, which was in one sitting. Those of you who wrote this, you are all fantastic writer and should be very proud of the heart-wrenching piece of fiction that you have created. Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.
sylvaniae chapter 7 . 12/11/2008
Now that was truly a good story! I really enjoyed it, and I really enjoyed how you added the family next door in Ryan's old house. That was a nice touch, and another little thing to give you the warm fuzzies at the end. Good job!
stefanie chapter 7 . 5/4/2007
I totaly love your story! It is really well written, you're very talented!
reen212000 chapter 7 . 11/21/2006
I realize you guys wrote this like 2 years ago, but I just read it. Whoa. Very good!
Kirsten-B chapter 7 . 12/21/2005
First of all, thank you for this great story.

It is amazing how you captured the misery of someone who has more sorrows than he can bear. Reading it was almost like being in Ryans shoes.

If I had read this story first, and not the sequel, I would have hoped until the end, that Ryan was going to be okay - but hey, I spoiled that for myself :-)

I though it was so fitting to see the neighbour family parallel to what happened to Ryan and Theresa. I guess they were just like you and I would imagine Ryans past family life to be...

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this, since it is extremely well written. I couldn't find any mistakes in continutiy or plausibility and I'm sure there won't be any, when I'm going to read this a second time! And I will!

Since I liked the sequel (and I should definitely review it as well) I would also like another one... You're obviously doing very well, writing together. Wish I could do that!
Rebel Goddess chapter 7 . 9/16/2005
Wow, I thought I was angst-addicted, but I have nothing on you. Every time it looked like it couldn't get worse, it did. I loved the happy ending though. Really good story. This was dark and brilliant.
lacquer chapter 7 . 1/5/2005
great story. really expressive and believable. loved it.
Julie chapter 7 . 11/28/2004
Wow, serious angst! I've faithfully watched all the OC episodes and read loads of fanfic stories but this is the first time I have sat here and sobbed into my laptop! Poor Ryan - is he eligible for some kind of mother theresa award or what. Now I need to read a story where he spoils himself rotten, has tons of sex with girls who just want to satisfy his every need and wins a stack of cash so he need never work again!
for you to notice chapter 7 . 11/7/2004
i love the simultaneous stories and the happy ending. probably a happy ending is the least expected, and even though it is bittersweet, it's all so beautiful. so perfect. so sequel? oh yes, these are the benefits of reading a story after everyone else...
for you to notice chapter 4 . 11/7/2004
there's another one. the last line is just impeccable. so so so sad. i'm seriously almost crying over four chapters. unbelievable. the skill you two possess is just...untouchable. amazing.
for you to notice chapter 2 . 11/7/2004
i guess you guys have heard enough people saying that they love this story so much and that you guys are such good writers and that you write all of these characters so well. so i was just going to go through this story, enjoy it, and leave it at that, because i'd have nothing new to say. i made it to the second chapter. that last scene is so believable and i've seen it so many times myself and it's so perfect. i love the line and i love ryan the adult. you two have such a talent, it's insane. dear god, you're good. thank you so much for...i dunno, for being so good.
Group Nine chapter 1 . 9/8/2004
I must say I was taken by the story. Ususaly I just lurk and read and keep to my self but I felt the need to comment. This has been one of the few stories I've read that you can actualy feel the raw despiration that Ryan must have been feeling.

Good Job.
zorro x chapter 7 . 8/31/2004
I loved it. In charecter, beautifully written, and heart-breakingly real. Congratulations- this is the best peice of OC fanfic I've read yet. :D
Beth chapter 7 . 7/3/2004
Okay, how'd you do that? You made a grown woman cry from reading fan fiction! Shame on you. Fantastic story. One of the best written pieces I've read. Thank you for an engrossing read.
kaylee chapter 7 . 6/9/2004
good ending and loved the title!