Reviews for Bad Education
soooofija chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
this is an amazing story! thanks!
Lilynette chapter 10 . 5/20/2009
What a wonderful, wonderful story! I don't know if you'll read this since it's been five years but... I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it! All the characters were very in-character. You did a really good job ;P

Now I'm off to see if you've got other jewels like this!

Thanks for the read!
muchtvs chapter 10 . 12/30/2007
Hey...couldn't log on to leave a review, because once upon a time, I had already left reviews for all the chapters.

I had an urge to read old school OC fic this morning, and this story has always been one of my favs.

This time, I really, really appreciated the massive time it must have spent you to get all the dialogue down. I was amazed how dead on you were with all the characters. God I miss the show.

Reading quality fic like this, I suppose, should make me feel better. But all you did was remind me how awesome the show was in it's heyday.

THANKS A LOT SILVER! lol

Seriously, timelessly a wonderful story.
Werewolves are People Too chapter 10 . 6/4/2005
I happen to like Ryan with long hair.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Anyway, I do like this story. It's very well written, and this was one of my favorite episodes, so it's all good. Update soon, you're doing great!
Cohen101 chapter 10 . 4/1/2005
I kno you wrote this story some time ago, but I really enjoyed it. It was cool, a part of Ryan we don't usually see. I love his orange cast, and the yellow one.

I would say update, but theres nothing to update, so, just keep writing :P
melanie39 chapter 10 . 3/11/2005
Finally I get to read and review this story, I've been trying to for so long. And it didn't disappoint. All your characters were well drawn. I loved the sock part between Ryan and Seth and also when Sandy lost it and brought on Ryan's asthma attack. I quite liked the not so physically perfect Ryan, it made him more vulnerable and I'm a sucker for vulnerable Ryan. Great job, especially considering how thwarted you were when Channel four ditched it mid season!
AA Battery chapter 10 . 9/5/2004
I did it! I tied my shoes with one hand- and no i don't have a broken arm- im just a freak like that!great story!
muchtvs chapter 10 . 8/19/2004
Oh crap Silverweaver, I didn't realize you had finished this story. I am a very bad reader! (Hanging head down.) And I love this story too, which makes it twice as bad! You know I have nothing but love for this story.

So this last chapter: A few lines need a shout-out.

"Of course, everyone round here knew that it was really because the hooligan from Chino with the pyromaniacal tendencies couldn't control his violent impulses.." (LOL Too funny. At least Ryan still has his snarky.)

"...afternoon's patient varnishing.." (Ok, that just scares the hell out of me. Do people really do that ? Should Seth be allowed near varnish? Yikes.)

"But you will see. The underdog always comes back in the third act. It's classic cinematic narrative, Ryan... And I'm talking to myself." (I love it when people bring the well done Seth!)

"Practice," Trey said lightly, "Or bribery. Used to- never mind..." He trailed off." (Found this really sweet.)

"You really are Ryan's brother, aren't you? Just take it," Sandy said, trying again." (Good Sandy.)

"Because he gave me and my wife back our son." (Love the simplicity of this complex thought. Nicely done.)

THe whole Trey/Sandy/Ryan was a great way to end it.

Very full-circle and many touching moments without going overboard. God, such a sense that Trey never had a chance and did the best he knew with Ryan. Like Trey was the disposable one.

It was hard to read the scene where Trey says goodbye to RYan.

So, excellent story. One of my favs. Sorry bout the late feedback.
Shelbecat chapter 10 . 8/11/2004
I finally remembered to review! I copied this to read at home since I wanted to enjoy the final chapter. Nice ending. I liked how you brought him back to end things with Trey. It needed to happen and Sandy's protectiveness of Ryan was heartwarming. So was Trey's for that matter, giving him over to Sandy's care. Sweet.

Great fic, I enjoyed the ride.
famous99 chapter 10 . 8/8/2004
It's very sad that this is over. I really enjoyed it. What a job well done. I loved how Sandy insisted that he come along with Ryan to visit Trey and how Trey talks to Sandy first and of course how Trey tells Ryan to severe ties with him... I hope you write something else soon. This was great.
Lainey chapter 10 . 8/6/2004
Hey, read all this in one sitting as it was so good! really great with the emotions and i like that there wasn't too much Marissa (she needs to stop wallowing in self pity!) I will keep my eyes open for more of your stories! Once again well done!

Ps where was Kirstens quote from? i'm dying to know!
Gibasi chapter 10 . 8/6/2004
Great end to an outstanding story! I especially liked your Trey and his attempt to be a good big brother. I liked the symmetry of the whole story and that the story ends back in jail at Chino.
muchtvs chapter 9 . 8/6/2004
Oh my goodness Silverweaver. My bad. You sneaked a chapter 9 in on me. Sorry.

So, to make up for my crimes:

First paragraph with Trey calling. Ugh, tear at my heart. I love how this story has considered Ryan's first family. And that line about how Trey had to trust the Cohens with his little brother. Oh god, too close to reality for too many people.

Poor Sandy, "Seth can you take it down a notch." lol

I liked that Ryan apologized to them, about going to Chino and doing Trey's dirty work. He did owe them that. He's lucky his ass isn't grounded. And the line about Sandy understanding him...perfect.

Kirsten and Seth togehter in this story have been consistently too cute. "Mom got wasted...Seth got dumped" I laughed that whole section.

I'm reviewing as I'm reading. Bet you can tell.

Anyway, just read the whole Kirsten/Ryan conversation twice cause it was so good. Wow, good point about Ryan feeling responsible that Trey is in jail cause he hesitated. Wow, I never thought about that. And I suppose in a twisted way of logic, it's true. And Ryan saying, he was trying to teach me something. Gave me chills. Well done. And sweet Kirsten, rewarding Ryan's honesty instead of making judgements on it.

I have to tell you, as I'm reading this chapter, I think it's the best yet. You're on fire. With Kirsten telling Ryan that has been a wonderful addition to the family and they would like to keep him in one piece. And Ryan acknowledging that he's done with the old way of life. I always got that feel from the real Thanksgiving episode. You wrote it well.

So the present at the end, nice tie-in with the asthma, which I still think is very clever.

And lastly, if Ryan is out of the running as the most rugged, I'd put Kirsten before Seth! lol Poor delusional Seth.

Really good job. This chapter must have taken alot out of you.
BonnieD chapter 10 . 8/6/2004
First off, this: "Tying his shoelaces one-handed with well-practiced efficiency" is impossible. You know that don't you? LOL

Secondly, it's uncanny to read this after what I just wrote in Air of Finality. I too was working that 'bad fathering' angle to make a parallel between Kirsten and Ryan. Of course, my Trey is dead - so that part's kind of different. It's good to see him living, breathing and loving his brother.

I loved the "Jail suits him." line about Sandy. And that's such a tiny detail to point out when there's so much more to say about how you've depicted relationships and tugged the heartstrings, but I just really loved that line.

Thanks for giving us a fine piece of work.
crashcmb chapter 10 . 8/6/2004
Great ending to a really nicely constructed story. I really like how you brought the story full circle and back to canon. There are so many wonderful moments in this chapter, and throughout the entire story, many which have already been singled out so I won't repeat.

But I will comment on your characterizations because they are done so well. Sandy, Ryan, Seth, Trey are all fleshed out and fit with what we know from canon so well. I especially liked the scene where Trey "hands over" care of Ryan to Sandy.

Thanks for a great read - now I'm ready for your next one!