Reviews for Pomegranate
punz chapter 16 . 1/19/2011
This was a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it with us. Now, I must go and watch Troy again.
stuff the world with cake chapter 3 . 12/16/2010
Oh, I'm starting to like this better than the movie - the Briseis/Achilles interaction.
stuff the world with cake chapter 2 . 12/16/2010
I like your writing.
AleB chapter 16 . 10/18/2009
thank you soo much for this story1! i was so unsatisfied with the original ending when achilles died.. but youve totally made my week! this story is soo beautiful and youve managed to portrait achilles very good.! thanks for not making only a one shot! definitely this story is one of my favouriteS!
november soul chapter 16 . 7/9/2009
I felt like I was reading poetry instead of prose with every chapter of your story, that's how lyrical and amazing your writing is! A very good job, I love the evolution of Briseis' journey and her final, complete, meeting with Achilles and the pomegranate. Excellent work. -November
HideSeekKeep chapter 16 . 5/15/2009
The way you tell Briseis' and Achilles' story is beautifully done.

I thought you created an incredibly interesting plot and your execution of it was wonderful.

I was in tears throughout the reunion scene in this last chapter. I felt like I was witnessing it unfold before me-the description of it all was so vivid and touching.

I applaud you for taking this story on and hope that you will continue to write more in the future. This story is certainly going on my Favorites! Bravo.
Heidy chapter 16 . 3/26/2009
That was Awesome. Very well written. I love the metaphors displayed in this story, i think you should write a sequel.
Doesn't Matter chapter 16 . 2/16/2009
I just read this from start to finish today and I must say you spun a beautiful tale. Your beautiful imagery/metaphors/etc. blew me away (a favorite being the gossip as whispers between snakes in a barrel). My favorite moments still have to be the ones between Briseis and Achilles - you kept them believable and their wit kept me smiling. Thank you for writing this and I hope to read more from you :D
Verity Kindle chapter 6 . 12/28/2008
"But this is all right, and this is why: because it is Agamemnon, and not Achilles, that grasps her so hatefully by the neck and by the hair, her hands and her dagger have no scruples at finding a sheath within the king of kings' neck where she had been so stricken by hesitation over the neck of Achilles."

Excellent! Go Briseis!
Random Moose on the Loose chapter 16 . 9/10/2008
That was a realy awesome story! :) Loved it.
A Perfect Lie chapter 16 . 7/24/2008
Wow. This is such a beautiful story - your writing is utterly breathtaking and heartwrenching!

Thanks for the story! :)
BooksRHot chapter 16 . 7/16/2008
very nice :)
vyrastra chapter 16 . 6/28/2008

This story is truly an amazement. Rest assured, your tale has rewritten the Homeric and other versions seamlessly. I've never imagined that an "Achilles isn't dead" story could be handled with such grace and style. Your world is immersive; it builds on a mythology and adds to it; it does credit to the traditions it draws from. What a plot! The Carthaginians, Lady Fortune, the augur of the bird! Your treatment of each of the characters is perfect-I especially loved the delicacy with which you handled Paris, difficult because he is both more than a nancy boy and less than a hero. Your retelling of scenes from the movie is also brilliant, non-redundant, and a pleasure to read. Your thematic coherence goes above and beyond what I had ever expected to find in these perilous (pulp) heaps of fanfict; may you write copiously and always know just how incredibly talented you are.

PalisDelon chapter 16 . 6/26/2008
That was amazing.

Thank you for risking the wrath of Olympus to give it to us.
Gyreflight chapter 16 . 6/20/2008
As many others have no doubt said – this is a powerful piece of writing, unexpected to find, satisfying to read, and leaving a distinct mental aftertaste that tells me I will come back to it again in future.

Stylistically I admire the skill that's apparent here - I have a particular weakness for writing where words shape more than they seem, for the whetted phrase and burnished metaphor, of which this fic has an abundance.

I'm not going to cavil over the divergence from source: you did a fantastic job of not telegraphing by tone or shade or emotion the sense that waiting-fate might change, so the bright brief early moments retain the intensity that comes from the sense of incipient tragedy, and the final resolution still has an 'against all odds' relief about it. By the way, I really liked that ending, the intrinsic tenderness and unstated drama worked wonderfully without tipping over into either melodrama or domesticity. You left me with a smile.

Your Briseis is a fine, fierce viewpoint character, but best of all though, for me, is your Achilles. You've somehow managed to portray that strange, physical, mortal charisma, the indefinable 'something' which seemed god-touched to the ancient observer. You haven't sugar-coated things either. This is Achilles, the greatest of all warriors. Ferocious. Terrible in his certainty. Even apart from the situation itself, it takes courage for Briseis to dare to love someone like that, just as it isn't a simple thing for him to accept the vulnerability that comes of loving her.

Beautifully done.