Reviews for One to Waltz
Bibliotecaria.D chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Your characterizations are as long and complex as your plotlines. The Red Alert-Cyclonus bystory plunge through Cyclonus' crazy and into an estranged kind of sense. The Starsaber minicons have personalities around Starscream, and Starscream's attempts to deal with Jetfire are just awesome. Megatron learning regret and associated pain while staying firmly in denial is so in-character it's frustrating, and then you add in the rest of the characters, too?

No wonder I keep returning to read this fic again. Please, please, if anyone knows where "Crimson and Chrome" disappeared to on the Internet, let me know so I can read it again? I miss it badly.
Katea-Nui chapter 8 . 5/4/2011
AH MAN! They were SO close! SO CLOSE! Just a few moments longer and they would have KISSED! GAH! I think you like torturing people who have a Jetfire/Starscream love...
Zea T chapter 8 . 3/28/2011
This was an excellent story - by far the best Armada story I've read, and a study in both good pacing/action and very well done characterisation. I loved the tension you kept up throughout - the chase after the minicons, splitting up of the team, life-threatening situations and inconvenient kids keeping the structure of the story very well in line with an episode of the story itself. The minicons themselves came across very sympathetically, with Skyscan's dilemma and dread almost tangible on the page. You can't really blame him for panicking, and for failing to trust either side! Having said that, you showed the teamwork between the Autobots and their minicons very well too. The small fry came across as real, thinking partners rather than just tools that appeared out of the blue when needed.

The characterisation of the regular cast was excellent as well. The painful, obligation-bound and hurt-filled relationship between Starscream and Megatron really shone through (much in the same way as it did in the best moments of the series itself), as did the sympathy between Jetfire, as the only real Autobot flier, and the ex-Con. You really captured Red Alert's calm attitude, and the circumstances that would push that calm to the limit and beyond. He came across as the definite star of the story, and really showed himself worthy of the position and respect he had early on in the series. In fact, I think every regular character was pretty much spot on in this - well observed, and well written!

There were some lovely touches of humour too. I have to say, Swindle's 'you could have waited for me line' made me laugh. I was just rewatching Armada a few days back and a sequence where Starscream powerlinked in mid-air made me blink. I remember wondering just how the little sportscar could have got there!

Okay, I know I'm raving a little here, but honestly, contrary to your author's note, I think this was a well-executed story that was entertaining, gripping and a pleasure to read.
Darth Spartan chapter 8 . 9/20/2009
I really like the story. It was a perfect combo of humor and hurt, in my opinion.
Seren Maris chapter 8 . 2/3/2008
Nice story! Thanks!
DayDreamer9 chapter 2 . 1/10/2008
Oh NO! POOR JETFIRE! :( And I love these two new Minicons, they seem a lot different from the others And Swindle, I have a feeling that he's gonna be funny Also, I love Red Alert and I think that you handled his emotions very well, sounds like something that I would do ;
Dragon of Dispair chapter 8 . 12/4/2007
funny...
Rebecca Hb chapter 8 . 9/8/2007
Wow, watch me *forget to say thank you* after asking you to re-upload this. I'm such a dolt.

Thank you so much for re-uploading this. I loved this story the first time around, and I've been jonesing for some good Armada fic so much lately. This is such an enjoyable read - you've got such a good plot, a great grasp on the character, and you're willing to mix up silliness with seriousness. I just adore the pacing in this fic. One chapter I could be laughing my fool head off (Red Alert and Cyclonus in the crevice) or tense and worried for the characters as everything goes to hell (Megatron, Starscream, and the Requiem Blaster).

It's very well done, tara.
Kerri chapter 8 . 9/7/2007
I am SO glad you're putting your older stories back up. Loved this one; glad to see it back again!

Also, I'd just like to add my vote to see 'Power Cut' and 'Crimson and Chrome' re-posted...
BFDreaming chapter 8 . 8/20/2007
Well, I rather enjoyed this, and frankly failed to see anything wrong. It's likely that you are your own worst critic... Really, though, I'm pretty picky and anal retentive about some things, but I genuinely loved this fic.
BFDreaming chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
YAY! ilu! :D

(ahem)

DW chapter 8 . 8/20/2007
Thank-you for re-listing your fics! You may think they’re not very good stories but I have to say I disagree; :) I’ve read your stories a number of times before they were taken down and found them thoroughly entertaining. I often burst out laughing at some of the phrases and imagery you’ve written (note; manic, frustrated Megatron -). And I especially liked Skyscan in this story.

On that note, because I liked him, I took special note of bits with him there in particular, and I think I’ve noticed something a bit different about Chapter 8: To Waltz. Didn’t there used to be a section with him waking up with Hoist? I think it might be missing. Would it be possible, if it’s not too much trouble, for you to please add on this part? I’d like to read it again, I thought it was great how Skyscan was feeling out his footing with Hoist and how Hoist was careful not to pressure him.

Also, I’d like to put my vote in to see ‘Power Cut’ up there again please; the introspective into the characters as they manage a wary truce, along with the wacky Seekers and the other calamities that strike is terrific.

Please consider it! Thanks again, DW.
Seiber chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
Yes! I've been waiting for you to post this one and 'Power Cut' back up.
Arashi32900 chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
Nee, that's funny. I was sure I had reviewed this story a long time ago. Well, I'll do it now. I love the old version of this story but I'm sure the new version will be even better.
seiks chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
Hm... It's totally unfair to say that it makes more sense to read "Crimson and Chrome" first when I can't find that story anywhere. I would really love to see where this is all coming from and where it's going... Is that possible, at all?