Reviews for For the Love of Darkness
sierragust chapter 3 . 5/6
My crossover story is finished at last!

sierragust chapter 12 . 2/18
Damn, I never expected that to happen!
Great job, by the way!
Ceye chapter 13 . 12/2/2014
What an amazing set of words. "Put your hands on the table." ...That so wonderful. Alluring. Perfect. I love this chapter.
L.O.R.D I.N.G.O chapter 13 . 5/3/2014
And another nice chapter. In the beginning I was frustrated because of the past thing, I wanted to continue seeing things that were happening in the future, what happened remains a mystery to me, and I hope to discover soon :).

The scenes of Magus and Schala were great, simply loved the romance between the two there. Also, I have forgotten about Dalton being in the Zeal era, that comes to mind that it has something to do about Schala being in Zeal again. Although I still wonder about the paradox, if Schala doesn't power the Mammon Machine, then Janus wouldn't go to 600AD, therefore the Prophet would not exist and more importantly, she wouldn't be able to stop her mom I believe. That's why I think that Zeal's fate is to be destroyed and Schala is fated to die.

Well, I'm sure you'll manage to do something impressive somehow hahahaha, keep up the great work, enjoying every bit of the new chapters :D.
OblivionIsAtHand chapter 13 . 4/30/2014
Oh man, this gets better and better. Looking forward to the next chapter, hopefully sooner than later.

I'd love to see some more introspection, especially given the turn this has just taken. Their relationship, as complex as it is, warrants it. That said, I'm also damn curious about what will happen next.
wingsofseyfert12 chapter 13 . 4/29/2014
What a very interesting set of circumstances. From what I can gather from chapter 12, Schala, upon meeting Melchoir, is suddenly spirited away. I can only wonder whether she is in some sort of coma or if she really did go back in time.

That being said I really enjoyed chapter 13. Schala's demeanor, changed from her previous experiences, was a joy to see. Especially her sticking a dagger up Dalton's throat. The general may have said that she would be in trouble but hopefully you can have Schala kind of abuse her power. She is absolutely crucial in powering the Mammon Machine and, knowing this, I feel that Schala can do and get away with things that no one else can. I'm sure the Queen will probably be pissed but she wouldn't throw away her only ticket to power and immortality I feel.

Speaking of the Queen I wonder how Schala will start to interact with her. In the canon I had a feeling that despite her growing fear of her mother, deep down, she wanted to believe that the Queen only had the best intentions for her people. With her newfound knowledge now I am now looking forward to what Schala has to say. Will she be rude? Condescending, insulting? Or still play the part of the dutiful daughter? I, for one, am hoping that Schala kind of sticks it to the Queen a bit, or at least make a greater effort to have her realize her folly. I'm probably the only person who pitied Queen Zeal in the game and I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe she might be saved as well. But that's a long shot I'm sure.

In any case good set of chapters. Really happy to see that you're still chugging along with this fic. Keep it up :D
Angelalex242 chapter 12 . 4/9/2014
Still not seeing how Dalton takes this. He's just too far outclassed.
sierragust chapter 7 . 3/17/2014
I think that Marle is almost similar to Flag in Dark Cloud, except without the Dark Genie controlling her mind.
Kasienda chapter 12 . 2/27/2014
Didn't see that one coming!

Can't wait to see where you take this.
L.O.R.D I.N.G.O chapter 12 . 2/14/2014
And another amazing chapter by Marle :). I quite enjoyed this chapter, seeing this dark side of Schala was pretty interesting! And now that Melchior is there, I imagine how amazing things can get :D :D! I loved how the feelings of Schala for Aybell were, I mean, they were pretty real IMO, an amazing work. I'm getting more curious about what that Kid-Schala relationship can get, I didn't play Chrono Cross, so it was a pleasant surprise (not so much of a surprised, as I've already read some spoilers xD, but still pleasant). And now I'm curious of what was that ending scene, I have a clear idea that it is some kind of Schala hallucination/dream, hope I'm right . Magus x Schala is one of my favorite pairings ever haha!
sierragust chapter 11 . 11/10/2013
I think that Dalton and Ross are kinda similar; both want to take over the world and kill the leaders, and want to become a king.
OblivionIsAtHand chapter 11 . 10/20/2013
Now this was a very pleasant surprise. It's been a long, long time since I checked the Chrono Trigger section, and today I found this re-written and updated. Damn, how time flies, my last review was in 2004 or something, nearly a DECADE ago... I'm astounded.

That said, I've enjoyed the rewrite, it's much more solid. There are some spelling mistakes/typos, but it's mostly fine. A few punctuation things as well, I'd be glad to go into detail in a PM, if you wish. I like how you're approaching Chrono Cross territory, that gap in between the games has lots of potential. Reminds me of a fic I read long ago, I forget its name, but it attempted to bridge the two and did an awesome job. However, unlike that one, I love the Magus/Schala scenes, which are what I'm here for. So, I'm definitely looking forward to more!
L.O.R.D I.N.G.O chapter 11 . 10/18/2013
Another great chapter as always Marle! It took me some time to finally read it, as I'm really busy, but was totally worth the time. I'm excited and anxious to know what will happen next in this story :). You never fail to impress me, I really enjoyed Schala's training, very nice work hehe. Hope someday I can become a writer as good as you :D.
wingsofseyfert12 chapter 11 . 10/1/2013
This is some chapter. It never occurred to me that despite her magical prowess Schala would not be versed in the art of actual combat due to her royal status, and of course, the time of peace they were living in. I could see Magus as a tough teacher if only to insure that his sister got strong enough to defend herself properly. I had thought that Schala would take to a ranged weapon but a staff actually seems to fit her. It gives her a melee option to work with and those crystals (I'm assuming they are elements of some sort) act as a sort of conductor to her own magic so that she doesn't tire as much, like a staff from Lord of the Rings or something. Unique take on a combative Schala.

Crono is sweating bullets and Aybell seems to be on his last breath. Dalton is making his move. All the while I can't help but think of Lynx being on the background striking at the most crucial moment.

Great chapter once again I will keep following :)
Angelalex242 chapter 10 . 9/19/2013
I wonder...well, if you ever update this...

It's kind of a pity you couldn't come up with a way to bring Ayla back in the story. You've got almost the entire rest of the cast, save Robo. I would like to see them retrieve Ayla, Robo, or both.

More to the point...

I kinda want to see where this goes. Remember, in canon, It would've been Crono and Marle, and maybe Lucca, alone against Porre. With the added support of Glenn and Magus, plus you've gotta figure Schala's just as strong as her brother, only light elemental...well, bluntly, Dalton's simply too magically outgunned to take it. There's simply too many powerhouses opposing him. And the Darkened Masamune? Glenn's presence would change it. If somebody, say, Crono, disarmed Dalton and Glenn picked it up. he'd purify the blade again.

As you write the battles, I'd also say 'don't underestimate the equipment the heroes have.' It's a safe bet Crono and Glenn will have prism helms and nova armor, marle and lucca will have prism helms and prism dresses, and Magus probably has his Doom Sickle, Gloom Helm, Gloom Cape. And you already wrote him having his amulet (even if it's redundant with the gloom stuff...) Aldd to this the Rainbow sword, Brave Sword (if he left the Masamune in the past, Glenn probably has the next best thing, and it does double damage to creatures of magic, like Dalton, the Wondershot on Lucca, the Valkyre on Marle...This is on top of their ultimate techs, of course. Luminaire, Flare, Life2, Dark Matter, Frog Squash...

I don't see how Dalton takes this, really. The heroes are way, WAAAAY too strong for him, and Porre's army can't last long against Lavos destroying magic.