Reviews for The Breach in the Walls
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
This is truly a beautifully written, and I think accurate, portrayal of Maeglin's thoughts and emotions. He's one of my favourite characters, and this story definitely did him justice! I especially loved the way he questioned and spoke to Idril in his mind. My favourite parts were, "You've never known restraint; hence you take freedom for granted. Do you know the meaning of bondage? Can you imagine a fire burning while choking in the darkness and having nowhere to escape or be released?" Powerful! And I loved the piercing simplicity of, "I am the ill-gotten son." Wonderful fic!

-Crackers
CersiFinallyGotWhatSheDeserved chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
A great story. Very well written
Meisiluosi chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
It seems you really have a talent to portray these dark characters amazingly well... In Maeglin, you so wonderfully captured the bitterness, the egoism and the villainy, yet one can still feel all the wasted potential. Wonderful read...
alena chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
(Sorry that I got to this only now...)

Actually, I don't quite know how to review this, except to simply say that it is stunningly beautiful. Your way with words is wonderful, and the characterization is complex and layered.

"I'm a Noldo. Half in blood, full in heart."

I love this line. Together with many others.
Nallasariel the Weeper chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
Hello.

Usually I lurk in the 'Artemis Fowl' and 'tLotR' sections, but I'm glad I took time from other stories to read this. Most excellent. I've always found myself fascinated with him, and this most definetly is the perfect way to express him. I shall now go and dig for more here.

Namárië,

*~Nallasariel the Weeper
Finch chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
I ceased to read Maeglin fics a while ago, but I'm glad I made an exception for this. Though this isn't the first story to make his actions plausible and understandable without turning him into a mere victim of the circumstances, it's the most passionate one I've ever come across. The fierce intensity of his thoughts show him to be a true Noldo indeed - with all the ensuing trouble. The way he "plays" with Ulmo's words is fascinating, and the imagery at the end - cards, jig-saws - is surprisingly fitting. Well done.