Reviews for The Fox and the Lion
KrnYong chapter 5 . 1/10/2012
Odysseus, you killed him!

... But it's ok, Paris was a bitch. -_-

Poor Briseis, everyone she loved is dead.
vyrastra chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
extraordinarily good. You have them down perfectly.
Dee chapter 5 . 10/18/2010
That was really well-written. Honestly one of the best in the fandom (that I've read so far, anyway). :) Keep it up!
Doesn't Matter chapter 5 . 2/25/2009
Holy shitnit is right.

That was... fantastic.

Absolutely beautiful in every word, thought and image.

I wish I could begrudge you for the short length, yet I cannot for in one of those queer twists it only adds to the tale.

Thank you for this needle in the haystack - I hope only to find more from you :]
DXRULES103 chapter 5 . 11/18/2007
Yes! He avenged Achilles! He gave kindness to Briseis! All is well!
DXRULES103 chapter 4 . 11/18/2007
I love how it is Odysseus who has him thinking so.
DXRULES103 chapter 3 . 11/18/2007
I'm crying! Such an intense chapter!
DXRULES103 chapter 2 . 11/18/2007
I loved that! I love the memory of his meeting with Penelope. Thank you so much. Yes, I agree that Achilles could never be Oddsseus' enemy.
DXRULES103 chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
You are amazing! I've always wanted to read and see more about the friendship between these two. And here is the ultimate one!
Aoi Dragon chapter 5 . 4/18/2007
I didn't really like Troy (with some things I am a book purist), but I have loved Odysseus' character since 8th grade. It was a definite plus having Sean Bean play him (ah, the accent. Go Blades!).

Anyways, I like that you kept it closer to the mythology of Homer. You captured Odysseus perfectly. I wish you would write a "movie" version of the Odyssey... That would be difficult sing mythological creatures and the gods are even more prominent in that.

You should check out Troy in 15 Minutes by Cleolinda on livejournal. I have the link, or you can search for it.

Again, I loved your story.

~Aoi Dragon
Siyavash chapter 5 . 12/22/2005
...Good God...to quote you: "Holy shiznit!" That was fantastic!
Brunette Babie chapter 3 . 3/22/2005
You are one of the best writers on this site. I love your work, eespecially the descriptions of surrondings and such. You also managed to put in the recrution of Achilles and Odysseus without all of the usual preamble. Can't wait to read the next chapters.

P.S. Love the chapter names
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 5 . 2/8/2005
Oh, Gods... I never invisioned this ending! Though I like it... I always liked Sean Bean as an actor, and I like how he portrayed Odysseus, and it seems that this is a good representation of his charecter. Very good! So sad to see Achilles die, but that's what happens. It couldn't work without Achilles dieing. Oh well. Good story anyways.
Kirixchi chapter 5 . 11/20/2004
I'm so sorry that it took me so long to find this final chapter! I adored this story, and the ending was no exception. You rounded off the story nicely. It was economical, but not /too/ short.

The metaphors and general description work are superb- it's really your strongest suit (although I can't actually /fault/ anything). "His blade, a cruel, bronze extension of his flesh" and the description of Penelope's eyes were a few of my favorites.

The flashback is woven very well into the main body of the story. I liked the contrast that you made between life and death and how immediate both are to Odysseus at this moment in the story.

The flashbacks are always my favorite, because Penelope is my favorite character. I love how you have made her an equal to her husband. I only wish I had seen more of her!

Thank you so much for finishing. It was BRILLIANT from beginning to end!
Tar Irene chapter 5 . 11/20/2004
Ooh... heroic Odysseus! I approve. He's such a Greek King, and such a human being... a hero and a man... I love how you reconcile both of those aspects into one very solid persona. And the touch with Penelope was precious... ah, it made *me* long to see her again, never mind a ten-years absent husband!

Well done, very well done. I like :)
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »