Reviews for From The Ashes
elsa3beth chapter 8 . 2/9/2013
Fantastic story, and well paced, with a real sense of complete-ness. I like your characterization of Glorfindel, and I'm always a fan of the notion that upon his rebirth he is not immediately known. Thanks for writing!
Fayet chapter 8 . 1/14/2013
Wonderful. I've wondered about Glorfindels return, and you developed a storyline and plot that I can well settle on and be content with. Your soft flowing language underlines the fact that it is indeed a story about elfs. And the Balog fight - very well done.
Glory Bee chapter 8 . 2/2/2012
Not sure why I did not review this the first time I read it but it remains one of my favorite scenarios of Glorfindel returns to ME.
tepracs chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Friends: Just a Note to let you know that Seeing-spots or Jessica Lynn Syring, 40, died March 22nd 2007 at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota from an undetermined illness. She will be sorely missed.
Lillz chapter 8 . 5/19/2006
this story is just fantastic! extremely well writen, and the interactions between the characters is brilliant.

off to read some more! xx
Lillz chapter 3 . 5/19/2006
HA! I love your reference to 'The Silmarillion' here, and Erestors comment "Not an easy read for anyone". how true! what a slog of a book to get through! very good, though, i have to say.

cool!
Lillz chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
fantastic first chapter! xx
Wynjara chapter 8 . 5/18/2006
So pretty, and how did I not read this one before? Beautiful :)
Lyn chapter 6 . 12/4/2005
He caught the BLADE ?

You might want to revise that...

blades cut. ouch. Hilt of the knift maybe?
Pentangle-linnon chapter 8 . 11/29/2005
I loved it. I can't believe that I hadn't found you as an author before!

The disorientation of one moving from one time to another was so well done. And Erestor was much more a real person than even in most 'Glor'n'Stor' fiction, let alone normal Imladris fics. I loved his patience and willingness to aceept only what Glorfindel could offer at any given time. I would be more like: "Snap out of it!"

A great (and delightfully unhurried) beginning of a friendship.
Firestar385 chapter 8 . 6/3/2005
Wow, thank you for suggesting this to me. I love the relationship between Erestor and Glorfindel. Truthfully, I've never thought in great depth about Glorfindel's return; my thoughts have always been focused on the "kids". However, by reading your story I realize what opportunities I'm missing by not delving deeper into the ancient stories of Middle-earth. Of course, I hadn't read the story before you added to it, but all the little tidbits from history... like Glorfindel pointing out mistakes in the mural and in the books, show that you really know your character and his past. I've always thought that the most interesting people to listen to (or read works of) are the ones who are passionate about their work. Your attention to detail adds more to the story than most would realize. Your story makes me want to dive back into the The Silmarillion (I admit I nearly drowned in it the first time) and learn more about the elves of the First and Second Ages. Keep up the good work... I'm off to read more of your stories. :)
Golden Elf chapter 8 . 2/22/2005
You have written a truly wonderful piece. The dialogue is brilliant, the emotion is palpable, and the confusion and drama realistic. I loved every chapter.

Thanks for a wonderful story!
WhatGraceHasGiven chapter 2 . 2/18/2005
You're a really good author! I'd like to see an Outsider's fic, maybe? As big of an Outsider's fan as I am, I have to say I am still deeply in love with Lord of the Rings; Glorfindel is great, Lord Elrond is...well, Lord Elrond...and I love the twins. You really are a great author; all the dialogue is great and fits nicely, no unneeded conversations at all; the flow of everything is A work, if I do say so myself! Keep up the terrific work and have a nice day!
Ithiliel Silverquill chapter 7 . 1/24/2005
Wonderful!

This new version is great. Not only does it give more information, but it flows better.

I especially want to commend you on your Glorfindel. He's perfect.

I hope to see more of this story soon! Excellently done!
Glorfindel ZedMurray chapter 2 . 1/24/2005
I've had the luck of reading this newer version already, and I can truly say that it's definitely better than the original one!

The evolution of the characters is much more clearly seen, and that brings more depth to the characters and the whole story as well.

I really like this fic, it's become one of my favorite Glorfindel fics.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »