Reviews for What History Remembers
KrnYong chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
I love Odysseus, he really is a thinking person's hero.

His desire not to be mentioned in his comrades' tales contrasts nicely with Achilles' thirst for glory.
DeathtoBella chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
that is soo sad most of those things i never knew
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
A great story. Very good.
anonymous chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
you should take it out of bold, i didn't read it because of it, it makes it blend in together so that you cannot reaslly read it, and no nothing is wrong with my eyesight it's just very anoy9ng straining to read large amounts in bold, its not nice to read, pity i would have liked to read it it's just not nice to read a stpry when the whole think is in bold, it makes you blink a lot and sorry to sound whiny but it is annoying i hope you change that, if not sorry for saying anything.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
Well done. Very well thought out and written.
Terreis chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
I love it! I saw the 'Helen of Troy' miniseries, too, and thought it was closer to being accurate than 'Troy' was. Still innacurate...but at least closer to being correct. At least they didn't leave the gods out of it.

And I can really see Odysseus saying this. Even better, I can hear Sean saying it. Sorry, guess I'm just a fangirl at heart. Oh, well. But seriously, this was a very well-written piece. I'm incredibly impressed. And I'm off to recommend it to my fellow Odysseus lovers! Thanks for posting this! There's not enough Odysseus stuff on here.
Karen chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
I liked your story but I wish you could have mentioned Briseis.
Simizar Aurelia Hallowell chapter 1 . 12/18/2004
Helen of Troy was actually every bit as innaccurate as Troy. Good idea, well written, but if you refer to anything if you're contrasting, it ought to be the Iliad.
hobbit-sized-rooms chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
Oh wow! That was most wonderful. I really loved how you added aspects from The Iliad has well as from the movie. Besides I like Odysseus and not enough people write about him or the part he played.

Anywho I wanted to say I think Agamemnon's daughter was a teenager when he killed her because he told her she was going to be married. Also Menelaus doesn't die in Troy, I think you mentioned that though.

Still it was very well written and at last the truth is told.
Morithil chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
Great stuff! There's not enough Odysseus fanfic out there...and I kinda agree, some of the stuff they left out of the movie is justified, although a little more from the Iliad wouldn't have hurt...A well written fic.
mary-scot chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
unfortunately overlooked, i find this to be one of the best pieces i've read in this section of the site. nice work
JoJo chapter 1 . 6/7/2004
Very nice. Like it, in a wierd sort of way. _
Musicgrl chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
awesome! I really like what you've said here. I hope to see more from you in the future.
Musicgrl
Mamushi chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
The mini-series left out a lot, too. Nicely written.
Mercurie chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
Fabulous! I don't care what you're basing this one - myth is open to interpretation and can be changed according to the artist's wishes. I love your Odysseus and your take on the other characters. Please continue this, it's wonderful!