Reviews for The Prefect's Portrait
sol goddess chapter 18 . 3/20
This was a different premise, however I found this story surprisingly pleasing. I kinda feel bad for Snape but a least he got closer. Draco on the other hand made me laugh with his dramatics.
JanuaryLestrange chapter 18 . 2/7
I’m sorry to be just discovering this now. So original and well-written.
Late to the Game chapter 18 . 1/10
What a great piece of writing. My only objection is I think you did Ron a bit dirty, got a bit Ron-bashy for a hot minute.

Excellent portrayal of the characters and their reactions. This piece is the most convincing I've read as to what would make many of the Slytherins take a side. Thank you so much for writing and I hope you are still writing today!

I haven't read a fanfic on this site in ages because AO3 is just better in most ways, but your fic was the exception!
omfaye01 chapter 18 . 1/3
This story was lovely and I'm so thankful that you wrote it.
Anon chapter 18 . 11/30/2021
Fantastic story, really enjoyed it. Imaginative AU, of course, but truly amazing how you fleshed out Snape, Lily, Hermione, Blaise, and the Malfoys. Harry left a bit to be desired, but I think that was necessary given Lily’s age.

Thanks!
ValkSkadi chapter 18 . 10/25/2021
My goodness, the Malfoys stayed so firmly in character this chapter. Not one genuinely empathetic impulse between them. The consistency made me laugh though.

I liked this story and I like this ending. It was definitely a very interesting premise. I do think I would read a sequel involving an extremely slow burn romance for a certain two characters that takes genuinely a decade or two to develop XD. I'll have to check your stories for any such a sequel.

Either way, very interesting premise, well executed, and thank you so much for sharing your work.
ValkSkadi chapter 17 . 10/25/2021
The deaths here hurt, but in a way I'm actually glad that it left this incarnation of Lily with that slytherin rather than with blondie. He has been quietly supportive while Draco has been just a little too unjustifiably possessive. Still super sad for the ones left behind though.
ValkSkadi chapter 15 . 10/25/2021
Oh I absolutely enjoyed this solution to the prophecy. Grade A amazingness.
ValkSkadi chapter 15 . 10/25/2021
Ah this chapter made me laugh. Lily gently goading Snape into talking with her and Hermione, and then Montague having his priorities in absolutely perfect order. Amazing.
untamedmagicfire chapter 18 . 9/13/2021
Brilliant, thank you
msanderlin chapter 18 . 8/16/2021
I enjoyed your work. Thank you.
thebetawholived chapter 18 . 7/27/2021
Delightful story and very well-written.

And now on my favorites list!
thebetawholived chapter 17 . 7/27/2021
Wow. Just - wow.

I guess it was too much to expect that everything would go according to plan, that after a brief fight everybody lived happily ever after, or indeed if anyone died it would only be the bad guys.

Still, it is a good ending.
thebetawholived chapter 15 . 7/26/2021
We have nobody with whom Voldemort shares blood.

Sure we do.

I love your writing! You had this planned all along, didn't you!?
thebetawholived chapter 2 . 7/25/2021
Lovely start to a story. I can imagine that Hermione and Lily would get along fabulously!

Seems like the portrait was made in Lily's fifth year, at a guess. I thought that Oldyfart was already a presence by then, but that's a small point. Besides, what's a bit of AU in a story anyway?

Thanks for sharing!