Reviews for The Prefect's Portrait
kaddiekat chapter 18 . 5/20
Love the explanatory A/Ns at the end of the chapters.
Loving most of this story but am finding the "Lily get sorted into Slytherin" a bit too far-fetched to believe. It smacks of forced drama. Granted though she is supposed to have been brilliant/smart/etc/etc/etc so I guess if you squint hard enough at just the right angle at 3:52am on a Thursday exactly 18 hours after the moon waxes crescent...
tudodkii chapter 18 . 5/16
I don't know if you ever check these reviews, so long after finishing this story, but I wanted to show my appreciation! Someone in a HG/SS fan Discord recommend this, and I devoured it in a couple of sittings. It's truly a standout among all of the fics I've read. Thank you!
Levans chapter 18 . 5/6
Wow!
Stumbled upon, and adored!
I would love to see the next adventure of Blaise and Lily.
16 years ago or more you wrote this, and yet it is timeless among hp ff.
Thanks for the covid diversion.
mama123 chapter 18 . 5/2
This was an excellent read. I enjoyed it very much! Thank you
knightphoenix2 chapter 1 . 2/20
Lovely story!
patty.clark.792 chapter 18 . 2/13
I loved this story. Everything about it. Thank you for your time and effort to entertain us so well.
queenie chapter 18 . 12/21/2020
I liked thus.. But I would have liked to see more ss/hg .. If not in this maybe sequel?

But this was truly a concept i haven't seen before! Well done!
Guest chapter 18 . 12/17/2020
Excellent story. Please, never stop writing.
09Hiya chapter 16 . 12/11/2020
n. ... . . . .. . . . ... .. ...mmmmmm. mm mmmm .. mmmmmm mmmmmm.m .m .. mmm.m.. mmmm.. mm. mm. mm.m . mmmmmmmmmm.. mm. mmm..m.. mmm.m. m mmmmmm. mm mmmmmm mmmm. mmm. mmpmm.. mmmmmmmmmm mmmm... mmmmmmmmmm. m m... mmmm...m... . m. . ... . why I'll txt.,.,
oh gosh, what have u done
Ogrebear chapter 18 . 10/24/2020
Very interesting story, some great movements there, and everyone felt ‘in character’.

I wonder how much this world changes over the next 20-30 years- it would be fascinating to read more, yet also this is a great end point.

Well done.
Guest chapter 8 . 10/13/2020
While the idea of discussing the ancestry in a dormitory full of 'nobility' could be realistic, I don't think anywhere in Rowling's books being muggleborn is considered that bad in itself. Even in the first book the students are discussing who are their parent without any reservations. It's one thing when things are more difficult for muggleborns because they don't have any connections apart from school friends, and quite another when they are considered 'lower' somehow. Everything in the books pointed to the former, not to the latter.
And as to the muggleborns coming only from liberal educated families. Hello - Tom Riddle. Not even close.
Lily seems a bit of an egoist. Of course, she can't suddenly feel like a mother, but so far she really continues to behave as if she doesn't care at all. It's not that hard to imagine how a person would feel in her son's place, 16 isn't three.
But having said that, if it was logical, the premise would have been harder to invent. It is well written so I'm hoping what comes next will compensate for the logical inconsistencies.
she is brighter chapter 18 . 9/26/2020
I absolutely loved every single chapter of the story it is honestly the first I’ve ever read a fic like it. Wonderful!
Shame on Minerva though. Ugh.
kjmeow chapter 18 . 9/22/2020
Finish in a day! What a wonderful story, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time they were at Riddle manor.