Reviews for The Prefect's Portrait
Kuraiummei chapter 18 . 4/7
Wonderful read, thanks! I enjoyed the dialogue.
troyguffey chapter 10 . 3/12
About McGonagall being disapproving of Hermione: To my sorrow, I read past chapter 80 of Methods of Rationality.(I have deleted it from Favorites and Following) Harry points out to McGonagall after the tragedy that she is NOT THINKING, just following a ROLE, The Strict Disciplinarian.
Lady Jaina chapter 18 . 2/21
Quite enjoyable and original. Such a pleasure to read!
Jess chapter 18 . 2/21
This was so awesome! Phenomenal world-building as usual and thankfully less depressing then your post DH fic.
Triva chapter 18 . 2/16
This was such an amazing story! I read it all the way through, absolutely riveted by it! You crafted a masterpiece.
lovely lovely story
Gremlin Jack chapter 18 . 2/8
A very well-written story, and while the end was somewhat sad, it was perhaps the best way of tying up the loose ends.
Light on the Horizon chapter 18 . 11/25/2013
Fantastic story! :)
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 11/12/2013
Actually, the Lily in the picture SHOULD see Harry, and she'd know she did marry James. After all, Harry is the image of James ... but with Lily's eyes. And according to those who knew both James and Lily (except for Snape), Harry acts much more like Lily than James. I think it would be interesting to see Lily's reaction to her future son.
brightlywoven chapter 18 . 10/24/2013
Rereading this years after the first time and it's still one of the best. Thanks
Sefi Ne chapter 18 . 10/22/2013
This has certainly been an adventure.

I just love the way you characterize the Harry Potter cast. I don't think that JKR was able to make these characters real. But you give them emotions, motives, thoughts, conflict - you make them actual people. Much better than hundreds of pages of I-will-sacrifice-the-character-development-for-the -end-of-the-story that I experienced from canon.

I really did like the twist of Lily coming back from a portrait. I certainly was not expecting it. Nor was I expecting Hermione to be so rash. However, it all fits and I am glad for it. And the crew get to finish their days at Hogwarts in peace. None of that I-will-spend-7-years-to-vanquish-Oldyfart business. Canon dragged on the adventure needlessly, in my opinion.

Thanks for such a great piece of fiction. It has made my day :]
Scarves chapter 18 . 10/20/2013
Thanks for the really interesting story! Love how you draw in things from outside the HP universe- Ancient Egypt, Jane Austin, Wagner. Wagner's great, and there are so many of his pieces beung played this year, seeing as May 22nd was his 200th birthday. Anyway, great story. The plot and characters were both masterfully done. Thanks. Write on.
strawberrytear chapter 18 . 10/17/2013
Lovely story, a real pageturner with lots of original ideas I enjoyed it very much thank you!
Sarah chapter 18 . 9/26/2013
I know this was written years ago, but I simply had to add my comments. I really loved this story - I felt that every character was really well drawn, with enough visible faults that they were believable, but still very likeable. Harry particularly, with his impulsive yet heroic behaviour, was especially good. I liked the insight into Snape's thoughts, and the slowly growing respect between him and Hermione; it hinted at a future romance, but wasn't at all rushed (like so many fanfic romances). Your take on Lucius was really interesting, as he is so often just a two dimensional bad guy. Much as I loved Lily, I wondered how she could survive in the modern wizarding world, so her death was sad but somewhat expected. And I agree with your comments - JKR never gave the Slytherins a fair deal. Surely, one of them would have been a good guy, but in JKR's canon, they were all, sadly yet predictably, evil in the end. I much preferred your more nuanced view. Thank you!
Venefica Riddle chapter 18 . 9/24/2013
I have read fanfics in almost four years now. This is a good one!
Will you write more, I wonder. You're good at telling stories.