Reviews for The Taste of Strawberries
Miluiel Gamgee chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
Wonderful... Beautiful. Made me tear up. I love it!
TheDreadedLady chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
You are so talented at capturing beautiful things with words.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This is a well written story. I like how you wrote about how strawberries helped remind Frodo of the joys and sorrows with his family. I also like how you showed Sam's care over Frodo.
Spartapuss chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Another wonderful story _ *sob*

Pippin's Infamous Apple-Cheese Toast?

I like the sound of that.

I don't usually make requests but could you perhaps write a story about this? I would be very interested to find out about this toast that you speak of! ;)
BMT and SuperMoose chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
Wow, I really like this. You have a wonderful writing style, I can clearly picture this scene in my head. It's really sweet. I like how you added some humor, just enough to prevent the angst from drowning the reader. Thank you for posting this.

~SuperMoose
Anawey chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
Aw! That was so sweet! Me likey.
Cleopatra chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
Talk about a SOB STORY. I think I'll go use up my entire year's supply of klennex now...*sniff, sniff* My gosh, that was so good it's terrible! People shouldn't be able to WRITE stories that sad. There should be LAWS against that...*sob*

Good job. Mighty good job, my friend...
Azaelia chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
Amazing work, just amazing. This made me cry, so I can certainly say it accomplished its purpose. It fits so well into that missing time in the movies and books. Sam's voice and characterization is perfect. Great job, I've found another favorite fic!

Azaelia :)
Budgielover chapter 1 . 7/25/2004
One of these days, I am going to read through one of your fics without tearing up. But as Aragorn said, "It is not this day."

This was just beautiful. I so loved the scene of Sam worrying about Frodo, then discarding all the honors to hurry back to him with something Sam thought Frodo would like. And watching him accept it with such quiet joy and eagerness. Your Frodo is so quietly strong and noble in his suffering that it distracts the reader from the accomplishment of your writing. How very, very, well-written this is. As always, your unique ability remains to mix joy and sorrow and grief in your fics, even in a single scene. Lovely.

*there goes a tear*
Althea chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
Thank you so much for this beautiful story. Your attention to detail made it seem as if I were watching the characters in a movie. Everything was so vivid. I loved Sam's tenderness as he offered the milk and eggy bread to Frodo as well as his encouragement as Frodo made the first attempts at eating the strawberries with his injured hand. Frodo's memories were so poignant. I just want to reach out and hug Frodo and Sam and you for sharing this lovely moment between the ringbearers.
charlotte chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
I just wanted to tell you that this beautiful little story brought tears to my eyes. It makes me smile to see such wonderful work being written about Tolkien's characters. He would, no doubt, be extremely proud. Keep up the great writing! I look forward to reading more about Frodo and Sam in the future.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
A touching story, which I enjoyed,thank you.
G chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
Very clever job of intertwining your story around the quotes from ROTK, and also mixing in Frodo's memories about his parents
EllaG chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
Oh! ~Ella melts~ This is beautiful! What else can I say...
shirebound chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
I just adore the contentedness of this passage:
"A picnic. . .he had been so pleased, and then more strawberries at bed-time! It was like Yule and his birth-day and Uncle Bilbo visiting and everything good in the world all rolled up into a single day, and he had beamed with delight as Mamma snuggled beside him on his bed, letting him spoon up strawberries and cream with his special little silver spoon that had been a mathom from Bilbo when Frodo was very, very small. He had had all his favourite foods that day - and, better still, the company of his parents the whole day - and felt pleasantly sleepy, as only young hobbits with full tummies really can..."
*sigh* Yay Sam, for bringing it all back to Frodo.