Reviews for A Bit of the Shakes
NivalKenival chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
I agree with you whole heartedly that forester shouldn't have killed him off, and I am really pleased at this story
wneleh chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Dare I say I liked this better than canon?
elsa3beth chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
awesome! I just finished reading Lord Hornblower . . . or more accurately 'listening' to the book tapes on a road trip. The books are so amazing!
filipina2005 chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
This story was absolutely wonderful! Like you, I was extremely depressed when Forester decided to kill Mound off just as Hornblower (and the readers) were starting to like him. And yes, Forester does that alot (can we say Lord Hornblower?). I love how your portrayal of Hornblower is exactly how he is in the books and how all of your stories could easily fit in the series. I also love especially how in this story Hornblower's relationship with the young Mound sort of reminds me of Pellew's relationship with young Hornblower in the first novel.
shezzawatto chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
Well, Kim!
What a lovely surprise to see something from you. It's been a while. I enjoyed this very much, and I agree that HH did soften with time (I think of the adventure with Spendlove in Admiral Hornblower in the West Indies). I too was sad when CSF killed Mound off, so your AU is great (how about an LKU as well? LOL).
Couldn't help but see the link with "A Bit Singed Sir" and "The Captain's Burden".
Write some more soon.