Reviews for As A Bat
Dadaiiro chapter 7 . 6/23/2004
hey! it's me again! it's just that I came up with another idea for the 'mirror scene'. It's true that It wont happen 'till his forth year, but he can enter Dumbledore's pensive and see through his memories so he can see his parents. Haha, but I guess if it is a pensive, it should be Dumbledore's and not Snape, Harry is suposed to admire his parents in this part of the story. I know that he will be a little disorientated 'cause he has no memory of seing, so praticly it's going to be the first time he will see things. but I guess it's the closest thing I can think of for him to see his parents... I dont' know, what do you think? well, we'll see what you come up with! see ya later!
Sowen chapter 7 . 6/23/2004
Heh, I'd forgotten about the mirror... well you've done really well changing things and sorting things out so far, so I'm sure you'll work it out...Maybe the mirror could sort of push out their outline (you know, like embossing?) so thta it's rasied of the surface...thta's the only thing I can think of, sorry. Keep up the good work!
anon chapter 7 . 6/23/2004
I'm greatly enjoying this fic and anticipate the rest of it.

As for the mirror, why don't you have Harry fall asleep in front of it (running from Filch and miscellenious professors in the middle of the night wears one out you know) when he thought he was only going to hide in the room till danger passed. As the mirror shows the hearts deepest desier, so the heart is what sees it. What was that Disney saying? 'a dream is a wish that the heart makes' Have Harry dream it. It'd be the kind of dream that he wouldn't want to wake from and that's why Dumbledore interferes - to prevent Harry sort of falling into a permanent coma.

As for the end of the year, he won't see the image of himself with the stone, but he can feel it drop into his pocket and, being as he is, can probably sense the power in the stone so that he can guess what it is. He's a smart cookie, after all. He figures it out and carries on as he would have if he'd actually seen it.
aliba chapter 7 . 6/23/2004
This chapter has put an interesting spin on things... I can see you are building up to the friendship there with Harry and Draco. Starting out small like this is a good idea. That's a tough one with the mirror. Bloody hard. I suppose visualization? Maybe somehow he could feel (by putting hands to the glass) what the mirror was showing, not an ideal solution, I know. Sorry if you are affronted or embarassed by this, but was that instant gratification thing with Harry and Herbology (the patience to let things grow) any sort of obscure reference to your (very gradual) growth of Harry and Draco's relationship?

I'm probably just looking way too much into it, but owell.

Good chapter, hope to see more like it soon.
ootp-rules chapter 7 . 6/22/2004
Yea, I have a suggestion. Let the mirror be an object that utilises legilimency. This way, all the things Harry wants to see will appear as memories in his mind do, or something. I think that will work all right. I really enjoy your story so far, the only thing I thought was a bit strange was that nobody had a real reaction to the fact that the Boy Who Lived is blind. When everybody meets him, it should at least be clear that no one was expecting it. Also, let Ron ask Harry what it's like to be blind. That would get the point even more across.

If Harry had focussed on Hermione's goblet during transfiguration, would his have been silver too, because no real black silver exists? You might want to look into that...

Right, I hope to see another update really soon!

ootp-rules
TheWall chapter 7 . 6/22/2004
brill mate update soon
Malach chapter 7 . 6/22/2004
Good story thus far.

As for your issue with the Mirror of Erised, I see one possibility for it. As I recall, the only person who actually sees what's in the mirror is the person in front of it. As such, it's possible that the mirror uses some method other than sight to transmit the image. If that's so, then the major problem becomes having Harry be in the right place to activate the Mirror, and he'll actually see something. I'll stop now, as I'm starting to ramble, but I hope this helps a bit.
Kaaera chapter 7 . 6/22/2004
huh. the mirror's going to be hard, isn't it? Maybe it can cast out a 'solid' holograph-if you press it too hard, you'll go through it? Or maybe it can speak and describe the scene. *shrugs* Just ideas.
tansy1354 chapter 7 . 6/22/2004
Great chapter, you handled all the alternative actions great. I like the fact that you Harry could goad Draco into playing by almost calling him a coward. I liked the explanation about Snape and the counter curse. I even liked that it was Draco that finally stopped Harry from hurting himself when the jinxed broom came into play.

I wondered if you were going to include the Invisibility Cloak, I couldn't remember if Harry has already received it or not.

As to the Mirror, I guess that he will have to have Ron with him when he first finds it. He certainly can feel some of the inscription around the outside, and the other person could read out the rest. Its a while since I read the first book, but I seem to recall that the mirror was the first time Harry had actually seen what his parents looked like. There has been no comments about how much Harry looked like his father, perhaps you could have Snape or Dumbledore make that comment. That way he could imagine what his father looked like by having someone describe what he looked like. I don't know if I am helping or not. Good luck with it.

Anyway look forward to next chapter and your resolution.
Dadaiiro chapter 7 . 6/22/2004
wow! I liked how you fixed things up so Harry could be playing quidditch and Quirrel trying to throw him off his broom. hmm, so he was a good beater, but he is a good seeker as well! _

Hagrid has finaly said it! Harry is going to have lots of homework now 'till he finds who was Nicholas Flamel!

about the mirror... that is going to be a tricky part. the mirror shows nothing but images, things that Harry is unable to perceive... since he is blind. maybe he should find another thing...? something that belonged to his father or so... something he can touch? his old Quidditch gloves or something? I don't know, that was something I have been wondering since almos the begining of this fic.

still, please update soon! I'm dyingto read more!

ps. haha! It was so funny when Blaise asked Harry if he wasn't a Griffindor in disguise!
athenakitty chapter 7 . 6/22/2004
Harry doesn't fall asleep in History? Where will Harry go during the summer holiday? How would Harry be able to see into the mirror? Will there be any charm for allowing Harry to see?
DreaBean chapter 7 . 6/22/2004
Hm...instead of the mirror of Desire (Erised frontwards) show it to him, have the voices talk to him? and maybe come out of the mirror?

Hope it helps! and lovely lovely lovely! I love this story and I love H/D and thank you for waiting for it. I already feel like a pedophile for liking it in the first place, I'd rather have them be 16 or...something. I LOVE IT!

fav stories

fav author
xyvortex chapter 6 . 6/22/2004
I just wanted to mention that i love how you're using sound as a source of sight for Harry but i just wanted to mention that most sonar work by a blast of sound that would send back the information... bats actually emit a clicking noise they use for echolocation... a constant whistle would just send a barrage of noise that would be difficult to differentiate. either Harry's works differently or maybe you could change the device into a hand held clicker. thanks again it is a wonderful story
xyvortex chapter 7 . 6/22/2004
Great so far but as for the mirror... one of two possibilities is that the magic of the mirror actually allows harry to "see" his parents, either as someone would with normal sight or with his echo-location. another possiblity would be that the magic would let him feel, hear and smell them... i like the first one best though.
Miss Lesley chapter 7 . 6/22/2004
This was an excellent chapter. I am glad that Harry called Ron on his laughing at Draco's name. Who knows maybe Draco would not have been a prat if he had not done that.

The mirror. I was thinking that maybe if Draco followed Harry to where the mirror was and while harry was touching the mirror Draco would touch Harry, then Harry would be able to have the image directly imported into his head. But then that would defeat him being blind and he might really get addicted to it. But then I thought what if while they completed the circiut Draco was able to see what Harry's greats desire was and he would tell Harry what he sees?

Or maybe in the case of blind people, the mirror speaks and tells the person what is reflected.
651 | « Prev Page 1 .. 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 .. Last Next »