Reviews for The Runaway
Taeniaea chapter 22 . 2/27/2014
cool story
Jacki Thompson chapter 22 . 12/9/2012
Wow. I sincerely applaud you. This was a very well-written story, and I can very well believe that everything that you've written about had really happened. DEFINITELY C-Cat is my fav character.
Tokoyo chapter 22 . 10/4/2007
Wow!

First of all, I'm so sorry that I didn't review this a long time ago. I went back and read the whole story from the beginning to get the full effect, and I'm now sitting here, utterly blown away and with an idiotic grin on my face.

Your finale was spectacular- moving, tragic, intense, stunning...and I'm running out of adjectives. Every one of the twists caught me completely by surprise- I never expected Jake to turn out to be such a twisted little scumbag. (His "But we can still be together!" scene made me literally spit tea over my monitor. Still mopping it up.) Even so, his character, though despicable, was entirely believable, especially in how he still clung to the hope that Nikki would want to be with him; it gave him a touch of humanity that was very realistic- after all, I doubt any teenager could have hit the "pure evil" mark at so young an age. All in all, I thought it was a great twist- C-Cat/Zach's general eerieness had thoroughly unnerved me, and having him switch roles with Jake as the heroic one was wonderfully unexpected.

Allie's death and Felicia's reaction to it were gut-wrenching. You gave just enough detail to hint and what was happening, and I have to admit, I'm glad- seeing in full detail the way Allie died, and then her mother's reaction, would have been too horrifying. (For me, at least.) However, I can understand why things ended the way they did, and once again, you gave the entire scene a very intense realism- it's hard to picture the entire situation with Allie ending happily.

And I'm delighted that Nikki is finally back with her family, and that C-Cat has a chance at a (somewhat) normal life. The entire scene with Thorn had me holding my breath- I was hoping that Nikki would choose to go home, but I wasn't at all certain what would happen. And knowing how unexpected your twists are...:D

Marvelous job. Congratulations!
lightsabermaster chapter 22 . 7/31/2007
This is seriously one of the best OC fics I've ever read. Well done, nice job, and all those other things 'cause I can't praise this enough. :)

Favorites!
Yyunesprith chapter 21 . 7/1/2007
Aw! Thanks for finally getting back with us. :)

This last piece of chapter and prologue definitely has its difficult points, especially for those of us with technicolor imagivision who tend to mentally fill in the details, but it also provides a pretty satisfactory close to the long road you've been leading us along lately. It's good to see Nikki home, and C-Cat vindicated... and even Allie ending up as something of a hero in spite of all the junk on her shoulders. I was mad at Jake for ending up as a twisted jerk-seriously mad. I'd actually made Jake/Nikki fan-art in my best sketch-pad, inadequate as it looked. :p

At the moment, I'm trying to get bigsisterly advisory help on how much of that scene with Krystelle's sacrifice I really want a little sister reading... but overall I definitely appreciate the way you handled things.

If for some weird reason you ever decide this website is worth sticking around long enough to do a little fic or two more, I'll definitely try to bring you some reviews. :)

-Yuna
giveGodtheglory chapter 22 . 6/13/2007
0_0

*bawls*

*adds to favorites in case I hadn't already*
htbthomas chapter 22 . 6/13/2007
Congrats on the end!

My favorite part of this was the moment when Peter leapt onto the roof in concern... lol. It was such a visual moment. :D

I hope to see another great story from you again, soon!
Griselda Banks chapter 22 . 6/12/2007
Wow. So it's finally over. I can hardly believe it. You've been writing this for so long; I'd gotten used to the idea that you were still working on it. But now it's finished...

This epilogue captures the feeling that lingers about any good story one has just finished: happy and satisfied with the way things turned out, but sad at the same time that it had to end. Everything's completely wrapped up now...

I'm going to miss getting excited when I see the New Chapter alert in my Inbox, and I'm going to miss reading new installments to this story. I gave the story to my brother to read, and he loved every bit as much as I did. He agreed with what I've said many times: that it almost seems more like a movie than a book.

So, are you moving off the face of the earth too? T_T

I would really appreciate it if you could read and review stories that I put up, at least "The Labyrinth of Aegean," which is my only bit of prose on FictionPress. If you don't, I understand, but I greatly respect your writing skill and opinions and would love to hear what you think of it.

Well...I guess this is it, then. Congratulations yet again for finishing this story; it was a great experience! I hope to see you later _
JainaZekk621 chapter 22 . 6/12/2007
wow this is really great!
Griselda Banks chapter 21 . 5/22/2007
Hooray! You've finally updated! I'm really glad that you've managed to get to the last chapter; I know the feeling when you're almost done with a story. It's a very unique feeling, that mixture of satisfaction and disappointment. I'm very happy for you.

I assume you've seen Spider-Man 3 by now. Wasn't it AWESOME? It brought out such an emotional response from me; I was crying at the end, and I've never done that for the other two. I loved Venom, and Harry, and just about everything except for the cheesy romance. So this chapter fits in very well with the aftermath of the movie for me. Great timing ;)

And about the story! I have to say I really really really really REALLY liked it! It was awesome! A wonderful ending! I read the entire story over again so I could remember little details and enjoy it in its entirety, and I just love it to pieces! The last chapter was a perfect climax, very exciting, and it seems to wrap just about everything up! I never saw Mimic's betrayal coming; you did a great job of making him seem on the good side until the last. And I'm really, really glad C-Cat wasn't actually the one who betrayed them. I'll concur with what you've said in several Author's Notes that he's my favorite character.

I loved the part where Krystelle sacrificed herself to kill Groak. She was a very fitting person to do it, I think. Such a tragic character, and to think that I didn't like her before!

You've done a wonderful job with this story, I must say, and I hope you're planning on publishing something original sometime, because your writing is really good. I can't wait for the epilogue!

P.S. I'm going to be posting a short story of my own on FictionPress today, and I would be really thrilled if you would read it and leave a review. My FictionPress account has the same name as this one.
JainaZekk621 chapter 21 . 5/21/2007
This is really interesting! Plz continue! Will Nikki get her powers back? Plz continue!
giveGodtheglory chapter 21 . 5/21/2007
Things that stand out in my mind:

Spidey asking for a hug.

Gambit pitching cards at the crystal tomb to make it go boom.

Zach walking with Nikki back to the throne room with those wild eyes looking at her.

Amazing characterization.

God bless!
Yyunesprith chapter 20 . 4/26/2007
...M'lady,you did promise us a quick update this time...

Please follow through, ma'am. :)

?
ArmoredSoul chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
WHOA!

Whiplash!

WHIPLASH!
Yyunesprith chapter 20 . 2/18/2007
Why, thank you!

...Camdon. Nice twist you have there.

Again I find myself wondering what percentage of C-Cat is on "our side," versus being loyal to his dad... it would seem he doesn't have much of a liking for the Groak if you can go by his explosion of rage when Nikki asked about his family, and yet tere is still the fact that he strongly appears to have betrayed them. ...Is he genetically immune to Groak's ability to "turn off" powers?

Also, Groak's containment facillities remind me of S.H.I.E.L.D. ...I wonder... is it concievable that someone as twisted as he is could hve high-up connections?

...I look forward to the conclusion.