Reviews for The Chair
karonkgb chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
You would have me weep.
sirensbane chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
That's a perfect song for Bruce to love. It's one of my favorites as well. I enjoyed your story very much; poor Alfred for having to keep everything together when he's in so much pain himself. One of those last few lines was incredibly creepy: "And I knew the answer, didn't I? I saw it flaming in Jean-Paul Valley's eyes there on the stairs. Bruce was in great pain; screaming his rage for all the world to hear. And Jean-Paul Valley was the
demon he was about to release to personify that agony; to give his pain a killing voice." Terrifying thought. Batman is literally driven by rage.
ZeldaIsis chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Wow, just wow.
Mel J1701 chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
What a wonderfully angsty and gut-wrenching story. You have excelled in portraying Dick's sense of betrayal, anger and empathy for Bruce during the Knightfall arc, offering an insight into his emotions that should have been reflected on more. I also love that you have depicted the Bat-clan of Bruce, Dick, Tim, Alfred and Barbara as a family, albeit a very conflicted family.
senselesswords chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
I know that this story was written almost a decade ago, but I felt the need to leave a few words even so.

This was an amazing story, so sad and to the point. I really enjoy how you describe the characters, your comprehension and treatment of them, it's a major bonus to the stories. About Dick's insight of the Knightfall arc, I always thought that it must of been hard for him to watch Jean Paul in The Batman's place, what you've accomplished here definitely does justice to the entire saga.

I read your other stories of Batman and all of them are completely amazing, you're going to my fav authors list.
Katany chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
I love the light you shine on Alfred in this story and his strength in Dick's eyes. Everything is well planned, down the the most plausible, what-should-have-been-canon answer behind Jean-Paul. Though as Bruce is master of half truths, I hold out that it will be someday.
Kirsten Erin chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Wow! This is a really great story! I really enjoyed it.

I just got done watching Batman: The Mystery of the Batwoman and nearly panicked when Bane showed up. It did get me thinking about how his kids would react to Bane hurting him and such.

You did a really great job! I love your description, it's very real and detailed. And you did very well in showing the way Dick thinks and acts.

Spectacular job! It was most definitely worth the read.
Ranuel chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Really excellent characterization.
sarah chapter 1 . 6/3/2001
compelling. very well written. i hope you write more like this one. keep up the good work _
kelly chapter 1 . 2/6/2001
that was so good. you really showed the true feelings of the real robin. excellant.
Amanda chapter 1 . 1/29/2001
Woooowwwwwwwwwwwww...that was awesome...Just...wow
Bart chapter 1 . 1/28/2001
Powerful!
Rika chapter 1 . 1/28/2001
Good. Showed how Dick must of felt when he saw Bruce in the chair for the first time.
Mafalda chapter 1 . 1/25/2001
Great story :) I really like to read angst. Loved that bit "I've no idea

where he found the strength. But he's Alfred.". You were able to clearly show how Dick felt with all Bane/Azrael/Batman issue. Thank so much for sharing it with us :)
Peggie chapter 1 . 1/24/2001
Thanks for a fantastic read. Loved every second of it.